Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Congrats to guardians *rolls eyes*


Recommended Posts

Before even pressing on the title thread, I already knew it was an elementalist player. The most fun part is when "Guardian can do everything UNLIKE ELE", like Ele isn't able to deal massive damage, massive condition spam and has massive survivability and very good mobility.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Eles can do all but one, alacrity. And tbh while renegade exists it's very useless anyway. You aren't gonna take a guard to provide alacrity over renegade. 

In fractals: due to exposed mechanic. Renegade will do more burst damage. 

In raids 10 man alacrity v 5. 

We have alacrity yeah. But it's weak v renegades. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Before even pressing on the title thread, I already knew it was an elementalist player. The most fun part is when "Guardian can do everything UNLIKE ELE", like Ele isn't able to deal massive damage, massive condition spam and has massive survivability and very good mobility.

LOL! 

Clearly u never played Ele, or you would know what it takes for us to do damage be it pdmg or cdmg (a mediocre damage) while we do super long rotation and we try to stay alive as well. And for the survivability, yes we can survive if we spec celestial and focus the entire build on being alive. The we do the same damage as a mosquito. 

The only massive thing Ele has is its rotation. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Eles can do all but one, alacrity. And tbh while renegade exists it's very useless anyway. You aren't gonna take a guard to provide alacrity over renegade. 

In fractals: due to exposed mechanic. Renegade will do more burst damage. 

In raids 10 man alacrity v 5. 

We have alacrity yeah. But it's weak v renegades. 

At least alacrene presses a button, you don't even have to do that cause it pulses from your passive F2 😂 taking into account the trend of using 2 RR instead of 1 alacrene is fair to believe at some point Willbender might take over that role too. 

You know it's fine, I gave up already on Ele. It's just seeing how each class gets a totally different treatment triggers /ragemode in me 😅

 

  • Confused 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Aedil.1296 said:

At least alacrene presses a button, you don't even have to do that cause it pulses from your passive F2

Because pressing a CD off Cooldown is much harder to do. Difficulty doesnt validate a Overpowered Mechanic.

 

9 minutes ago, Aedil.1296 said:

taking into account the trend of using 2 RR instead of 1 alacrene is fair to believe at some point Willbender might take over that role too. 

I find it very unlikely realistically, and tbh Willbender will have its Down falls realistically and they've already been named several times over. Alacirty likely wasnt the fix the specc needed, but still Like over half the elites are getting given alacrity and you beleive guardians the only one whos gonna get to use it? 😛

9 minutes ago, Aedil.1296 said:

You know it's fine, I gave up already on Ele. It's just seeing how each class gets a totally different treatment triggers /ragemode in me

People like to say this.. yet no one on this forum is happy with the speccs they're being given lol.

14 minutes ago, Aedil.1296 said:

Clearly u never played Ele, or you would know what it takes for us to do damage be it pdmg or cdmg (a mediocre damage) while we do super long rotation and we try to stay alive as well. And for the survivability, yes we can survive if we spec celestial and focus the entire build on being alive. The we do the same damage as a mosquito. 

tbh Power and hybrid weaver dont have long rotations.. It restrictively Condi weaver that has the long Rotations realistically and Condi when played well doesnt do Mosquito level DPS. your 1500 DPS behind other Pure DPS Options with Condi Sword weaver (i wont count the Dagger build considering how Situational that is)

Now dont get me wrong thats problematic coming from a Pure DPS Specc yes, but it isnt THAT bad.

Survivability wise, No its survivability is no where near as bad some like to make out, Its not amazing your correct bvut theres people soloing Some very difficult encoutners with the Proffession. it also has ALOT of active Defensive abilities.

U dont see grimjack getting Downstated continously Nor At the bottom of DPS Meters.

 

 

 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Because pressing a CD off Cooldown is much harder to do. Difficulty doesnt validate a Overpowered Mechanic.

 

I find it very unlikely realistically, and tbh Willbender will have its Down falls realistically and they've already been named several times over. Alacirty likely wasnt the fix the specc needed, but still Like over half the elites are getting given alacrity and you beleive guardians the only one whos gonna get to use it? 😛

People like to say this.. yet no one on this forum is happy with the speccs they're being given lol.

 

The thing is when guardians and necros whine on their kitten new elite specs they get reworked well and sometimes u get even more than u asked (see alacrity) when some others classes do the same they get... Well very minor adjustments. When I heard CMC during the stream saying "support catalyst might want to use fresh air to pop the air field to get more quickness" i was like really!? What a groundbreaking mechanic! Its the same we did for years with power tempest to use the damage from the air overload. Where is the creativity here? Look at how classes like Willbender, vindicator, harbinger, specter, they got so many new cool mechanics that really changed their playstyle. And now in 2021 I am still getting told to use fresh air!? 

Do u understand the frustration? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aedil.1296 said:

The thing is when guardians and necros whine on their kitten new elite specs they get reworked well and sometimes u get even more than u asked (see alacrity)

if u beleive alacrity was what guardians were asking for ur sadly mistaken.

Willbender is Bent on a Design that directly conflicts with the core proffession, its built on being alike Herald.. Yet Still is held back by backloaded DPS. this means their DPS is built on the back of holding someone on a small patch of the ground to actually output its damage.. something a SPVP Player would be adverse to.. it lacks any form of CC to realistically hold anyone in that damage either.

Ontop of this they added Mobility to a Specc built on keeping things Inside a Circle on the floor.. Litterally counter productive.

in these changes they've gone further to actually make its Sustain even worse. it was instantly dying to begin with. now it'll die even faster Lmfao cause they decided to replace it with Resolution.

Sword off hand is effectively a half cut off Rev Sword, they've given us basically identical Skills yet harder to actually make use of realistically.

Ontop of this they've torn Aegis out of it. Something that Is basically required for guardians to play realistically in competitive modes. without aegis we flop dead instantly.. we're a 11k hp DPS proffession or u forgetting the orginal Trade offs we took to actually have aegis to begin with.

4 minutes ago, Aedil.1296 said:

Well very minor adjustments. When I heard CMC during the stream saying "support catalyst might want to use fresh air to pop the air field to get more quickness" i was like really!?

actually pro level Elementalists are saying how broken Catalyst is likely to be in the 4th beta wave, u can go on all the "feely craft" or thoughts based on what u see as u like.. but Generally theory crafters arent wrong, Grimjack has Already stated the ele playerbase are sleeping on this and arent reliesing the potiental it now has to be Really good.

5 minutes ago, Aedil.1296 said:

Look at how classes like Willbender, vindicator, harbinger, specter, they got so many new cool mechanics that really changed their playstyle. And now in 2021 I am still getting told to use fresh air!? 

how can u honestly put this sentence together.

Specter just got the hell nerfed out of it. its now looking at being a Far more 2D Specc realistically as they just sucked a Crap load out of it effectively.

Willbender Clashs with the proffesions core design is Never going to be Useful, Alacrity was just anets way of saying "we're gonna make it good at something forcefully".

Vindicator Reuses ALOT of animations and It Still lacks the ability to offer the proffession a Strong Power Based DPS.

7 minutes ago, Aedil.1296 said:

Do u understand the frustration? 

not really no... because every Theory crafter and Pro level player is Effectively disagreeing with ur statements here.

Untamed and Catalyst are Looking like the strongest revamps here.. no matter how much u wanna wave a bandaid fix to willbender infront of me. Alacrity has been thrown at this because of a Simple reason:

If willbender gets good at what its susposed to do it'll replace DH In PvE Enviroments.

If Willbender gets good at what its Susposed to do it'll Replace DH in PvP enviroments.

So they lobbed another boon at it so its effectively going to solely be used as a Alacrity provider effectively, something given to A ton of Speccs this expansion already.. We'll effectively be playing Firebrand and DH For another 4 years Outside these minor moments.. and the likelyhood ur gonna get ur guard to reroll to Alacrity to replace ur Renegade (Remember Willbender doesnt have Aegis Access like the others) to then get Another guard to run aegis builds is Sooo far unlikely its Not even worth mentioning.

the fact 2 Support based proffessions have gotten alacrity is enough to say whats more likely to run this

mech - Barrier + Alacrity

Spectre - healing + Alacrity.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

if u beleive alacrity was what guardians were asking for ur sadly mistaken.

Willbender is Bent on a Design that directly conflicts with the core proffession, its built on being alike Herald.. Yet Still is held back by backloaded DPS. this means their DPS is built on the back of holding someone on a small patch of the ground to actually output its damage.. something a SPVP Player would be adverse to.. it lacks any form of CC to realistically hold anyone in that damage either.

Ontop of this they added Mobility to a Specc built on keeping things Inside a Circle on the floor.. Litterally counter productive.

in these changes they've gone further to actually make its Sustain even worse. it was instantly dying to begin with. now it'll die even faster Lmfao cause they decided to replace it with Resolution.

Sword off hand is effectively a half cut off Rev Sword, they've given us basically identical Skills yet harder to actually make use of realistically.

Ontop of this they've torn Aegis out of it. Something that Is basically required for guardians to play realistically in competitive modes. without aegis we flop dead instantly.. we're a 11k hp DPS proffession or u forgetting the orginal Trade offs we took to actually have aegis to begin with.

actually pro level Elementalists are saying how broken Catalyst is likely to be in the 4th beta wave, u can go on all the "feely craft" or thoughts based on what u see as u like.. but Generally theory crafters arent wrong, Grimjack has Already stated the ele playerbase are sleeping on this and arent reliesing the potiental it now has to be Really good.

how can u honestly put this sentence together.

Specter just got the hell nerfed out of it. its now looking at being a Far more 2D Specc realistically as they just sucked a Crap load out of it effectively.

Willbender Clashs with the proffesions core design is Never going to be Useful, Alacrity was just anets way of saying "we're gonna make it good at something forcefully".

Vindicator Reuses ALOT of animations and It Still lacks the ability to offer the proffession a Strong Power Based DPS.

not really no... because every Theory crafter and Pro level player is Effectively disagreeing with ur statements here.

Untamed and Catalyst are Looking like the strongest revamps here.. no matter how much u wanna wave a bandaid fix to willbender infront of me. Alacrity has been thrown at this because of a Simple reason:

If willbender gets good at what its susposed to do it'll replace DH In PvE Enviroments.

If Willbender gets good at what its Susposed to do it'll Replace DH in PvP enviroments.

So they lobbed another boon at it so its effectively going to solely be used as a Alacrity provider effectively, something given to A ton of Speccs this expansion already.. We'll effectively be playing Firebrand and DH For another 4 years Outside these minor moments.. and the likelyhood ur gonna get ur guard to reroll to Alacrity to replace ur Renegade (Remember Willbender doesnt have Aegis Access like the others) to then get Another guard to run aegis builds is Sooo far unlikely its Not even worth mentioning.

the fact 2 Support based proffessions have gotten alacrity is enough to say whats more likely to run this

mech - Barrier + Alacrity

Spectre - healing + Alacrity.

Exactly the opposite. I believe guardians wanted some other adjustments, but what they got was some adjustments in the right way + unasked alacrity (just one of the strongest buffs in the game, not a big deal right, oh and pulsing from the F2 together with healing dots, because guardian is guardian innit.) 

  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Aedil.1296 said:

Exactly the opposite. I believe guardians wanted some other adjustments, but what they got was some adjustments in the right way + unasked alacrity (just one of the strongest buffs in the game, not a big deal right, oh and pulsing from the F2 together with healing dots, because guardian is guardian innit.) 

Yes a Strongest Buff.. that almost every proffession can now do..

Mech has Alacrity. Renegade has Alacrity Mirage has Alacrity. Spectre has Alacrity. Willbender has Alacrity.

Some adjustments in the right way? 90% of the critism against willbender has been PvP Focused and The change to Vanguard tactics and lack of core changes cements its Position on the Unviable bench lol, it got NO CHANGES IN THE RIGHT WAY. its Design conflicts with the core proffession!

its So whack they've completely had to change the whole role of the Specc just to get some functionality out of the thing Lmfao, litterally it went from a Pure DPS Role to a Offensive Support over night lmfao. Alacrity isnt going to help this specc be Good outside of 1 Specific build it may run depending on the current meta in PvE only enviroments.

people are so mind numbingly obsessed with the concept of Alacrity. we're getting a ENTIRE ELITE SPECC thats only functionality is providing ONE BOON that half the proffessions in the game already can supply.

Get ur head out of PvE for a second and consider this.

If trapper runes removed. the Only build guardians have in SPVP is Support yah... like litterally, we'll have the LOWEST builds avaliable out of every proffession in the game If something hits trapper rune and this specc comes out as it is.

Maybe consider that screeching alacrity at a PvP Player isnt going to spring happyness.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

Lmao, do you even Chrono bro, it was the most broken support spec of all time, and no matter how much people whine about Guard and Necro, nothing in this game will come closer to what Chrono was, it's like that Invinicible meme, old Chrono points at HB and Alacrigade saying "look what they need to mimic a fraction of my power".

It was glad you understood the term was...now Alacrigade points back to Chrono and says trash....

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think many guards give a kitten about WB's alacrity generation or what it will do in PvE.   It's role in PvE should be the last thing they should consider when designing the WB.   Nobody should care about how a mobility elite performs in pve, and that is fine imo.

Personally, I just want a mobile damage dealing elite that can functionally perform that role in pvp/wvw, while also bringing something new for the class to play with. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aedil.1296 said:

LOL! 

Clearly u never played Ele, or you would know what it takes for us to do damage be it pdmg or cdmg (a mediocre damage) while we do super long rotation and we try to stay alive as well. And for the survivability, yes we can survive if we spec celestial and focus the entire build on being alive. The we do the same damage as a mosquito. 

The only massive thing Ele has is its rotation. 

Yeah yeah I know that popular forum speech, "we don't do damage, can't survive, ele downstate meta". In game is always different.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aedil.1296 said:

At least alacrene presses a button, you don't even have to do that cause it pulses from your passive F2 😂 taking into account the trend of using 2 RR instead of 1 alacrene is fair to believe at some point Willbender might take over that role too. 

You know it's fine, I gave up already on Ele. It's just seeing how each class gets a totally different treatment triggers /ragemode in me 😅

 

I'm surprised nobody pointed out how incorrect this post is. When you cast a virtue on Willbender, you get a buff that lasts for 4-8 seconds (depending on traits) that proc an effect every 5th hit you land on enemies. They are not passives like the other Guardian virtues.

Alacren presses alac button, pulses pbaoe alacrity to nearby allies.
Willbender dashes in a line with Resolve, pulsing pbaoe alacrity every 5th strike on enemies for the next 8 seconds.


I'd argue the Renegade skill is easier to use, by quite a bit.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sonork.2916 said:

I don't think many guards give a kitten about WB's alacrity generation or what it will do in PvE.   It's role in PvE should be the last thing they should consider when designing the WB.   Nobody should care about how a mobility elite performs in pve, and that is fine imo.

Well PvE is the biggest game mode in gw2.

You are saying that nobody should care how a mobility e spec performs in pve while its the biggest game mode.

By saying nobody should care how a mobility e spec performs in pve you are basically saying that nobody should care how daredevil should perform in pve while its actually the only playable elite for thief in fractals for example.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that always astounds me about ele mains the most is how they whine the most yet understand their class the least. 

 

"Ele is bad at pvp! It goes down in one hit"

 

"I don't care that the end game meta is stacking at melee! I want to roleplay as ranged dps!"

 

Truly, one of my least favorite genders.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

The thing that always astounds me about ele mains the most is how they whine the most yet understand their class the least. 

 

"Ele is bad at pvp! It goes down in one hit"

This is a bit of a point of view thing. A well-played ele can sustain a lot and be hard to take down one on one, so they feel robust that way, but the same builds can go down rapidly to coordinated spikes that other professions would be able to survive. Throw in a bit of negativity bias, and elementalist players will remember the times they were 100-0'd instantly, while non-elementalist players will remember the times they've duelled for minutes on end while the elementalist outhealed everything they threw at them without ever leaving point.

12 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

 

"I don't care that the end game meta is stacking at melee! I want to roleplay as ranged dps!"

PvE end game isn't the only way to play. With specs like the deadeye and virtuoso, ArenaNet has shown that they're not opposed to ranged-oriented elite specs. Which makes it eyebrow-worthy that the profession most coded as squishy ranged keeps getting melee (or at least close-ranged) oriented specs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

This is a bit of a point of view thing. A well-played ele can sustain a lot and be hard to take down one on one, so they feel robust that way, but the same builds can go down rapidly to coordinated spikes that other professions would be able to survive.

Every single build in the game struggles against coordinated spikes. Fire weaver is one of the 2 tankiest builds in the game alongside bunker core necro. 

Edited by Hogwarts Zebra.8597
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

The thing that always astounds me about ele mains the most is how they whine the most yet understand their class the least. 

 

"Ele is bad at pvp! It goes down in one hit"

 

"I don't care that the end game meta is stacking at melee! I want to roleplay as ranged dps!"

 

Truly, one of my least favorite genders.

Same thought here. Love to see elementalist players moaning about their class being bad, yet on PvP/WvW they will outsustain, outrun and outcondition most of the times. The only one class that no matter the build, you will always have damage +defense + sustain regardless of your build choices, yet they can't understand having low HP.

When you see a forum thread complaining about other classes, half of the times that thread is made by an elementalist player.

Edited by Telgum.6071
Typo
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This post is so profoundly dumb and I have no idea why people are even postulating here. To throw a fit about guardian getting alacrity whilst being forced to two TWO TRAIT LINES (Virtues and Willbender) for five man alacrity, is silly. CMC also stated that this probably wouldn't even be enough to even warrant taking in most cases and if you even have played a couple hours of end game guardian PvE, you know that he's probably correct.

Edited by Falseprophet.1502
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...