Congrats to guardians *rolls eyes*

Aedil.1296

On 11/25/2021 at 5:39 PM, Ezrael.6859 said:

Why don’t you go and whine al over Reddit about it too? Oh, you already did! The tears.

This is part of the problem to much class bias when we act like this we do not get a right to complain when they come after us with the nerf hammer.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Ryou.2398 said:

This is part of the problem to much class bias when we act like this we do not get a right to complain when they come after us with the nerf hammer.

Eeeh proffession bias? 

I wouldnt so much agree 😂.... Like we can talk about how great guardian is in PvE sure.... But each catagory has its own power house everyone wants to see fall. 

In spvp I assure you firebrand is of litteral 0 problem. Guardian as a whole is very little problem realistically. 

And even in PvE guardian is defintly not the only proffession to have a specc that just rules the meta at a certain role either. 

Guardians have several areas where the community has chased fixs espically when it comes to Spvp and have yet to be heard on any of it. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Eeeh proffession bias? 

I wouldnt so much agree 😂.... Like we can talk about how great guardian is in PvE sure.... But each catagory has its own power house everyone wants to see fall. 

In spvp I assure you firebrand is of litteral 0 problem. Guardian as a whole is very little problem realistically. 

And even in PvE guardian is defintly not the only proffession to have a specc that just rules the meta at a certain role either. 

Guardians have several areas where the community has chased fixs espically when it comes to Spvp and have yet to be heard on any of it. 

Your kind of proving the bias point, your just a little defensive, this is the issue when people do not play other classes as often, class bias is a huge factor rather you admit or not, you go just about any class forums and say anything negative about the class you get attacked, I love guard to but its time class biases stop making others hypocritical.

All classes have negatves of course but there is no doubt some classes have far more effective builds then others, I never implied that guardians do not have neglected weapons and etc as well but it is less.

Edited by Ryou.2398
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Falseprophet.1502 said:

This post is so profoundly dumb and I have no idea why people are even postulating here. To throw a fit about guardian getting alacrity whilst being forced to two TWO TRAIT LINES (Virtues and Willbender) for five man alacrity, is silly. CMC also stated that this probably wouldn't even be enough to even warrant taking in most cases and if you even have played a couple hours of end game guardian PvE, you know that he's probably correct.

It's just typical forums/reddit hivemind. Complains about guard getting 5man alac by sacraficing an entire traitline while rene and mirage get 10man alac simply by slotting their elite spec. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ryou.2398 said:

Your kind of proving the bias point, your just a little defensive, this is the issue when people do not play other classes as often, class bias is a huge factor rather you admit or not, you go just about any class forums and say anything negative about the class you get attacked, I love guard to but its time class biases stop making others hypocritical.

All classes have negatves of course but there is no doubt some classes have far more effective builds then others, I never implied that guardians do not have neglected weapons and etc as well but it is less.

I ain't defensive 😂 I simply play the game in a different way to you I'm afraid. 

Guardians power in PvE is irrelevant to me as a player. Idgaf if it's the worst or best option there realistically. I play Spvp. 

And in SPVP guardian ain't great nor is it held to a higher standard then other options. 

While good ol' revenants get to sit upon the meta thrown in every competitive mode lol. PvE balance isnt even a discussion when your lucky to see new content every 2 years currently. 

CMC and every other player here has explained this alacrity idea is litterally built on lies realistically. We can never uphold it 100% and we'd lose soo much to get even close to 100% it'd be rubbish. And ontop of that 5 man. 

My original post quite clearly stated on PvP. It's obviously the game mode I play so I'm obviously unaffected by guards strengths in a PvE enviroment. I don't care about PvE. 

I objectively want willbender to work in PvP. A area of the game where guardians actually highly lacking. It has the least build diversity out of almost every proffession in PvP right now ontop of that doesn't even have a competitive DPS specc past trap memes which is hinged on trapper runes surviving EoD launch (spoiler, it likely won't) 

Telling me it's fine for guardian to suck in PvP because of its PvE strengths is ridiculous. The objective of elites was prevent this happening. 

Guard already has, Offensive support, healer, Condi DPS, power DPS and tank options on PvE. So why are players so focused on willbender being another power DPS option in the same game mode. 

It's pointless. 

tbh Im on the fence of Jumping ship realistically u can boast how great u think guardian is (which in PvE we are agreed it is) Willbender is Terrible. in every game mode and does nothing to aid Where guardian is weak.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Artyport.2084 said:

No offense buy guardian is THE support spec

thats not rly how the games susposed to work tho is it realistically.

the objective of elite speccs is susposed to give a proffession a array of options (which it does in PvE) which has only failed so far in SPVP Enviroments realistically.

33 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

thats not rly how the games susposed to work tho is it realistically.

the objective of elite speccs is susposed to give a proffession a array of options (which it does in PvE) which has only failed so far in SPVP Enviroments realistically.

Incorrect. Guardian is the support fantasy so its going to be the class that has access to all boons first. 

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Artyport.2084 said:

Incorrect. Guardian is the support fantasy so its going to be the class that has access to all boons first. 

actually no it really isnt. lol

Guardian has Multiple Fantasies Realistically. Yes you have A Support fantasy. but it also has Crusader Styled fantasys, Knights and more.

Retribution and More are all guardian fantasies.. i'd argue theres More offensive Fantasies when looking at Guardian then Supportive.. if it was a Paladin. i'd understand u slightly more. but it isnt.

Dragonhunter doesnt fit a "SUpport fantasy"

stop pushing YOUR Fantasies onto things.

Like half the proffessions Inherited Chronomancers Fantasyu dont come walking in here with ur BS Excuses on behalf of arena net to why they cant live uptoo what the gameS susposed to be. No Trinity = No Fixed Roles = No Proffession Fixed to a Specific gameplay.

if we're gonna delve into fantasy BS. CHronomancer should be the only holder of both alacrity and quickness. as Thats litterally its Fantasy.

Edited by Daddy.8125

3 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

actually no it really isnt. lol

Guardian has Multiple Fantasies Realistically. Yes you have A Support fantasy. but it also has Crusader Styled fantasys, Knights and more.

Retribution and More are all guardian fantasies.. i'd argue theres More offensive Fantasies when looking at Guardian then Supportive.. if it was a Paladin. i'd understand u slightly more. but it isnt.

Dragonhunter doesnt fit a "SUpport fantasy"

stop pushing YOUR Fantasies onto things.

Like half the proffessions Inherited Chronomancers Fantasyu dont come walking in here with ur BS Excuses on behalf of arena net to why they cant live uptoo what the gameS susposed to be. No Trinity = No Fixed Roles = No Proffession Fixed to a Specific gameplay.

Go read the description for base guardian. Out of all the base classes its the class that is supposed to be a front line supporter/defendender 

no other base class represents that fantasy.

even tho guild wars doesnt have roles they still try to appeal to rpg classic concepts.

by all means guardians are paladians

Which do exactly what guardians do. 
protect/support 

thats why each spec has access to those abilities. 

Its not my concept of guardians its in the name. 

to guard is to defend/support 

so stop complaining about a class that was based of a monk/ritualist/paragon getting access to support abilities. 

its the class fantasy 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Artyport.2084 said:

so stop complaining about a class that was based of a monk/ritualist/paragon getting access to support abilities. 

go look up the fantasy of a willbender

A willbender’s bladework is unmatched and wielding a sword in their off hand gives them extra opportunities for ruthless cuts.

sounds super defensive and supportive get on topic. we arent talking base guardian. we're talking WIllbender. a Bender of Wills

In the Guild Wars 2 his role is played by the guardian. Heavy armored, perfectly armed hero who can fight solo or support group attacks. His characteristic feature is using the virtues :

again Supports a Solo Fighter.

Guardians by GW2 Lore and Objectively description are not secluded to the "Support" Fantasy.. and its Elite Speccs are susposed not be the same fantasy as its core.

Dragonhunters and Willbenders are Not Supportive themes at all not in GW2 and not in any other game either. they've always been offensive.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Daddy.8125 said:

go look up the fantasy of a willbender

A willbender’s bladework is unmatched and wielding a sword in their off hand gives them extra opportunities for ruthless cuts.

sounds super defensive and supportive get on topic. we arent talking base guardian. we're talking WIllbender. a Bender of Wills

Willbender is definitely a departure but because its base class fantasy is of a support/defender there will always be access to support.

and alacrity suits a fast paced defender. 

also the lore of the willbenders are ruthless defenders of the canthan throne.

so even if they are assassins the reason why they are so ruthless is to defend.

just because a spec is a departure doesn’t mean its root isnt still based in original class fantasy. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Artyport.2084 said:

Willbender is definitely a departure but because its base class fantasy is of a support/defender there will always be access to support.

and alacrity suits a fast paced defender. 

also the lore of the willbenders are ruthless defenders of the canthan throne.

so even if they are assassins the reason why they are so ruthless is to defend.

just because a spec is a departure doesn’t mean its root isnt still based in original class fantasy. 

so u think its fine for guardian to offer nothing else but Support options lol. Thats BS And i think we both know it. and no given Alacrity is susposed to be a TIME BASED BUFF theres NO reason something should be wielding Chronomatic Magic lmfao.

Guardians are based around Fire lol

MMO Rule.

Gameplay comes first.

Firebrand being Broken hot mess of OPNess should be dealt with. not left Being stupidily strong because u think its fine for it to defend.

Willbender should Be what it was Designed to be.. Alike Herald.. and not simply once again Neutered because of some BS Fantasy.

just because  uwanna call Fantasy BS To say "its fine for willbender to be Terrible" because its not "thematic" for a guardian to be offensive doesnt justify Anything lol.

What BS Fantasy u gonna come up with to Say why a "THIEF" Can Heal players lol. your just someone who dont play the proffession so happy for the proffession to be minced down to a One trick pony with no variance.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

so u think its fine for guardian to offer nothing else but Support options lol. Thats BS And i think we both know it. and no given Alacrity is susposed to be a TIME BASED BUFF theres NO reason something should be wielding Chronomatic Magic lmfao.

Guardians are based around Fire lol

MMO Rule.

Gameplay comes first.

Firebrand being Broken hot mess of OPNess should be dealt with. not left Being stupidily strong because u think its fine for it to defend.

Willbender should Be what it was Designed to be.. Alike Herald.. and not simply once again Neutered because of some BS Fantasy.

just because  uwanna call Fantasy BS To say "its fine for willbender to be Terrible" because its not "thematic" for a guardian to be offensive doesnt justify Anything lol.

What BS Fantasy u gonna come up with to Say why a "THIEF" Can Heal players lol.

i think class fantasy is important otherwise we would all be playing the same class. 

class fantasy is gameplay 

guardians are not based on fire.

do you even play guardian?  Have you read the skill descriptions? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Artyport.2084 said:

i think class fantasy is important otherwise we would all be playing the same class. 

Really? Name a Specc of Guardian that doesnt have Burn Damage or Fire based Animation?.

It does have large access to fire Theme aesthetic throughout all its Speccs

and Being a "defender" of something doesnt Exclude it from a Offensive Nature, there are Plenty of rules regarding the best Defense is a good offense and more. you can beleive in something. and Fight for that Cause. u ignore half the fantasy to push some form of Fantasy you beleive is Important.

conceptually the idea of Retribution is Charging someone down in the name of something or Avenging Something with Justice I.E a Paladin Fantasy.

Class Fantasy is Important. but you treat it like its some 2 Dimensional thing that only has 1 Tunnel u view Fantasy in complete black and White and Ignore all the grey surrounding it to push a Narrative, you have highly Religious Mesmers in the game. yet arent of a "paladin" theme. which is Susposed to be a Religious Fighter.

the fact of the matter is. they did Hand Guardian a Elite based on a Very offensive nature, And backing ouit now on "oh guardian needs to be a Support" is Weak AF. Guardian has had Plenty of offensive Fantasy to it throughout GW2 and Tbh Willbender even if what ur pushing was the goal it completely failed at. it instantly dies continously in PvE Lol. its built to be some form of roamer that cannot roam.

All it can do is Defend the floor from getting Wet with its dead corpse.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Really? Name a Specc of Guardian that doesnt have Burn Damage or Fire based Animation?.

It does have large access to fire Theme aesthetic throughout all its Speccs

and Being a "defender" of something doesnt Exclude it from a Offensive Nature, there are Plenty of rules regarding the best Defense is a good offense and more. you can beleive in something. and Fight for that Cause. u ignore half the fantasy to push some form of Fantasy you beleive is Important.

conceptually the idea of Retribution is Charging someone down in the name of something or Avenging Something with Justice I.E a Paladin Fantasy.

Class Fantasy is Important. but you treat it like its some 2 Dimensional thing that only has 1 Tunnel u view Fantasy in complete black and White and Ignore all the grey surrounding it to push a Narrative, you have highly Religious Mesmers in the game. yet arent of a "paladin" theme. which is Susposed to be a Religious Fighter.

the fact of the matter is. they did Hand Guardian a Elite based on a Very offensive nature, And backing ouit now on "oh guardian needs to be a Support" is Weak AF. Guardian has had Plenty of offensive Fantasy to it throughout GW2 and Tbh Willbender even if what ur pushing was the goal it completely failed at. it instantly dies continously in PvE Lol. its built to be some form of roamer that cannot roam.

All it can do is Defend the floor from getting Wet with its dead corpse.

Name a spec of a guardian that doesnt have support? 

ill wait.. 

Retribution literally means getting justice from someone who has done you wrong. 
Retribution is still defense 

ps.. alacrity is offensive support. 

Edited by Artyport.2084
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I ain't defensive 😂 I simply play the game in a different way to you I'm afraid. 

Guardians power in PvE is irrelevant to me as a player. Idgaf if it's the worst or best option there realistically. I play Spvp. 

And in SPVP guardian ain't great nor is it held to a higher standard then other options. 

While good ol' revenants get to sit upon the meta thrown in every competitive mode lol. PvE balance isnt even a discussion when your lucky to see new content every 2 years currently. 

CMC and every other player here has explained this alacrity idea is litterally built on lies realistically. We can never uphold it 100% and we'd lose soo much to get even close to 100% it'd be rubbish. And ontop of that 5 man. 

My original post quite clearly stated on PvP. It's obviously the game mode I play so I'm obviously unaffected by guards strengths in a PvE enviroment. I don't care about PvE. 

I objectively want willbender to work in PvP. A area of the game where guardians actually highly lacking. It has the least build diversity out of almost every proffession in PvP right now ontop of that doesn't even have a competitive DPS specc past trap memes which is hinged on trapper runes surviving EoD launch (spoiler, it likely won't) 

Telling me it's fine for guardian to suck in PvP because of its PvE strengths is ridiculous. The objective of elites was prevent this happening. 

Guard already has, Offensive support, healer, Condi DPS, power DPS and tank options on PvE. So why are players so focused on willbender being another power DPS option in the same game mode. 

It's pointless. 

tbh Im on the fence of Jumping ship realistically u can boast how great u think guardian is (which in PvE we are agreed it is) Willbender is Terrible. in every game mode and does nothing to aid Where guardian is weak.

What a way to continue projecting I never even implied any of this its ;like you completely ignored the point and if your not defensive then why spend all this time over explaining this very simple matter?

• Confused 1

I just want to say this conversation has derailled to much and we all seem to be getting a little mixed up on some things. Maybe we should focus on supporting all classes instead of just our own, we all want diversity in builds why not just get along and aim for the same thing?

Is it really that hard? Also arguing about what we think fits the fantasy concepts as the class is not going to help, gw2 is differant and does not apply to the same rules, and we all know the real reason, everyone complained in the past gaurdian weapons where to slow feeling and they kind of are, so no fantasy concept logic will need to even apply because of this reason.

Its the same arguments as that a ranger has to have a 2h sword and a bow when they have dual wield and spears in some games. Besides elite speaks questions all logic behind the argument of lore strict classes.

Edited by Ryou.2398
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Artyport.2084 said:

Name a spec of a guardian that doesnt have support? 

ill wait.. 

Retribution literally means getting justice from someone who has done you wrong. 
Retribution is still defense 

ps.. alacrity is offensive support

Name a elite that doesn't have a 40k DPS build?. 

Lol your fantasy has proof it isn't upheld. It's a simple case of in spvp things change. 

Alacrity is offensive support. But it's lore is actually time based in nature. It was introduced with the chronomancer as a unique buff. 

6 hours ago, Ryou.2398 said:

What a way to continue projecting I never even implied any of this its ;like you completely ignored the point and if your not defensive then why spend all this time over explaining this very simple matter

I'm simply stating not everyone cares about PvE. Lol. That isn't defensive in the slightest you can't get defensive about something you've never even experienced lol 😂 

4 hours ago, Ryou.2398 said:

Maybe we should focus on supporting all classes instead of just our own, we all want diversity in builds why not just get along and aim for the same thing

Because build diversity in spvp doesn't realistically all that exist as boons builds etc etc are not used in that environment And I only care for critism based on PvP?. 

Generally proffessions only have 2 or 3 viable builds in that environment 

I have several times advocated for quickness to be removed from firebrand and more 😂 so obviously build diversity doesn't hold a high thing for me personally. 

My problem is strictly that willbender sucks in PvP. That's it. 

Maybe as I said above tho maybe this beta I should work on picking a new proffession.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/26/2021 at 9:25 AM, Kuya.6495 said:

The thing that always astounds me about ele mains the most is how they whine the most yet understand their class the least. 

"Ele is bad at pvp! It goes down in one hit"

"I don't care that the end game meta is stacking at melee! I want to roleplay as ranged dps!"

Truly, one of my least favorite genders.

They lack perspective; comes from eating Earth too much. I only have conversations with people not in downstate.

Although can Willbender really provide all these boons with 1 build?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

On 11/28/2021 at 11:14 PM, Artyport.2084 said:

This is true ... not only do you (and others) think it's important ... but Anet as well. Anyone that doesn't think class fantasy (also known as the concept) is important and doesn't impact the skills a spec gets just isn't paying attention into how much effort Anet puts into creating that concept. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

6 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

paying attention into how much effort Anet puts into creating that concept. 

Willbenders Concept is Simple: Anet have reliesed many meme upon their marketting techniques. however here they've hit the nail on the head.

Heres Willbender.. a Weak Budget Variant of the Herald, we've reliesed ur all playing guardians and not revenant.. So we're gonna show u how much fun u could have with this Sorta build, Please Reroll to revenant Today. to get this Same Playstyle but with actual Functionality... GG anet

Sword Offhand. a Weak Rev Sword offhand. Dual Swords. Something Herald does 100x Better. High DPS Front loaded Roaming DPS... Herald Does it better, with better Sustain. better Damage and Unlike Willbender which can only manage like 60% boon uptime.. Herald can do 100% on a Auto attack build While doing similar DPS to it.

Anets putting Alot of "Effort" into a Dead Upon launch specc realistically.

it lacks the tools to be good in PvP.

It Lacks the Sustain to realistically be good in Open World content.

It Lacks a Role it can do better then its brother speccs to use in PvE.

and before u cling to Alacrity. CmC has already verified. Willbender isnt susposed to ever actually manage 100% Alacrity uptime. this isnt a balance thing. its just intentionally not able to. it is amazing. your going to come into a thread screeching about effort and more, While they created the problem not us.

We arent against guardian being a More Defensive built concept. the problem is the Developer of Willbender has Intentionally NOT done this, Willbender lacks Sustain. it has no Defensive Options and no Real "support option" inbuilt into it. they made a Selfish Power DPS. the Reason Willbender Doesnt woerk is because they DIDNT put the effort into actually making this Specc work they threw it over the top of Something polar opposite of it.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/29/2021 at 4:12 AM, Daddy.8125 said:

Name a elite that doesn't have a 40k DPS build?. 

Lol your fantasy has proof it isn't upheld. It's a simple case of in spvp things change. 

Alacrity is offensive support. But it's lore is actually time based in nature. It was introduced with the chronomancer as a unique buff. 

I'm simply stating not everyone cares about PvE. Lol. That isn't defensive in the slightest you can't get defensive about something you've never even experienced lol 😂 

Because build diversity in spvp doesn't realistically all that exist as boons builds etc etc are not used in that environment And I only care for critism based on PvP?. 

Generally proffessions only have 2 or 3 viable builds in that environment 

I have several times advocated for quickness to be removed from firebrand and more 😂 so obviously build diversity doesn't hold a high thing for me personally. 

My problem is strictly that willbender sucks in PvP. That's it. 

Maybe as I said above tho maybe this beta I should work on picking a new proffession.

Im sorry but that is also projection oh well.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Ryou.2398 said:

m sorry but that is also projection oh well.

Call it as you please its my opinon.

Im aware Guardian is OP as hell, but thats no reason to make Willbender bad because of. Nerf whats Overpowered. dont delete the next Elite because of it.

Either way. im moving main so im removing  my hat from the Ring..im not attached enough to Guardian thematically enough to go through another 4 years of a Single Viable build.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Willbenders Concept is Simple: Anet have reliesed many meme upon their marketting techniques. however here they've hit the nail on the head.

Heres Willbender.. a Weak Budget Variant of the Herald, we've reliesed ur all playing guardians and not revenant.. So we're gonna show u how much fun u could have with this Sorta build, Please Reroll to revenant Today. to get this Same Playstyle but with actual Functionality... GG anet

Sword Offhand. a Weak Rev Sword offhand. Dual Swords. Something Herald does 100x Better. High DPS Front loaded Roaming DPS... Herald Does it better, with better Sustain. better Damage and Unlike Willbender which can only manage like 60% boon uptime.. Herald can do 100% on a Auto attack build While doing similar DPS to it.

Anets putting Alot of "Effort" into a Dead Upon launch specc realistically.

it lacks the tools to be good in PvP.

It Lacks the Sustain to realistically be good in Open World content.

It Lacks a Role it can do better then its brother speccs to use in PvE.

and before u cling to Alacrity. CmC has already verified. Willbender isnt susposed to ever actually manage 100% Alacrity uptime. this isnt a balance thing. its just intentionally not able to. it is amazing. your going to come into a thread screeching about effort and more, While they created the problem not us.

We arent against guardian being a More Defensive built concept. the problem is the Developer of Willbender has Intentionally NOT done this, Willbender lacks Sustain. it has no Defensive Options and no Real "support option" inbuilt into it. they made a Selfish Power DPS. the Reason Willbender Doesnt woerk is because they DIDNT put the effort into actually making this Specc work they threw it over the top of Something polar opposite of it.

So here is where I come in and tell you that you can't assume things you want to believe about what the concept is to make your point true. Comments like "Guardians are based around fire" is a good example of that. I believe Anet isn't going to restrict themselves to some notion of not being to do something on a spec they want to do just because players decide to apply labels. I'm not clinging to any concepts of '100% alacrity uptime" or anything like that. I'm simply saying that the concept of the spec is actually a REALLY IMPORTANT thing to consider when we start thinking about how the spec works, what it does, what it doesn't do, etc ...I actually don't see anything incredibly out of scope with Alacrity on Willbender. 

Edited by Obtena.7952