Virtuoso changes look great

Mell.4873

I guess no one can be excited for the Virtuoso. I only came back to the game to try and I do remember it being very strong on large bosses without much effort.

This forum is complete garbage, the reddit is so much nicer. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 8

My other thread is just all laughing emotes on my posts and love hearts on anyone who hates Virtouso. 

I really do like the Virtuoso and the changes they made, I want an aoe focused Mesmer that does not have to spawn clones which is very slow in open world like with Chrono. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 7

4 hours ago, Reteiel.7063 said:

No need to be so negative people. I sure am excited to try out virtuoso after about 3 years worth of reworks when its actually usable.

Chrono and Mirage both got "painful"(to put it nicely) reworks done to them, wonder what they could do for the Virtuoso rework, take away two dodges? permanent -100% movement speed in combat to turn them into a turret? 🤔

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I guess no one can be excited for the Virtuoso. I only came back to the game to try and I do remember it being very strong on large bosses without much effort.

Eh, Reddit is just an echo chamber of liked minded individuals of GW2.  Most of us who have played Mesmer since day 1 or for an extensive amount of time know the shortcomings of the class, its elites, and what needs to be done to make it not a dog kitten.  Don't take that as we are not biased because let's be clear, everyone is a bit biased on the class they play.  However, a dog kitten is still a dog kitten no matter how you dress it up and present it.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

My other thread is just all laughing emotes on my posts and love hearts on anyone who hates Virtouso. 

I really do like the Virtuoso and the changes they made, I want an aoe focused Mesmer that does not have to spawn clones which is very slow in open world like with Chrono. 

Well if you're getting the spec you wanted, and they're not going to change it, why are you worried about what people say?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

you and reddit are the reason why virtuoso is getting nothing but joke changes while all other classes are actively being developed, if you are happy with virtuoso then be happy, as what you see is what you will get as I doubt they will do much with the spec anymore, and I hope that your honeymoon phase never passes, good for you.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

you and reddit are the reason why virtuoso is getting nothing but joke changes while all other classes are actively being developed, if you are happy with virtuoso then be happy, as what you see is what you will get as I doubt they will do much with the spec anymore, and I hope that your honeymoon phase never passes, good for you.

I don't know what you expect them to do, put clones back? 

Edited by Mell.4873

On 11/28/2021 at 2:27 PM, Salt Mode.3780 said:

what about small hitboxes....? Oh wait they will sometimes completely miss the target....yikes...

I'd like to introduce you to renegade shortbow, which not only will sometimes just not hit anything for no real reason, it also won't let you use one of its skills on a staggering number of targets.

This just seems to be an issue with mid-range projectiles and not a Dagger specific thing.

36 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

And how are blades and the bladesong class mechanic skills not a new mechanic?

It's only a new name and animation, they do the exact same thing like all other shatters (beside of f4) its always f1 for damage f2 for confusion and f3 for daze, since core we are doing the same thing, gathering resources and use them to shatter.

Nothing new about and you are doing it with virtuoso even worse than the other specs.

The only difference your resources didn't disappear anymore after a fight but this I wouldn't call a new mechanic

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Just to add that clones are a mechanic, blades are not, are just a resource. So all ANet did was take away a mechanic and give nothing in return. 

That's actually a good point.  You can use clones to soak up attacks especially when stomping.  

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

And how are blades and the bladesong class mechanic skills not a new mechanic?

It's fundamentally the same build ammo with skills to use profession mechanic, right down to cookiecutter Power F1, Confusion F2, Daze F3, Defensive F4.  Even Bladesworn, which is not that different to warrior's core class mechanic on paper, still introduces a never before seen way to charge attacks to insane levels of power. 

Go back to the engineer forums.  No one wants you here playing devil's advocate for how bad Virtuoso is. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

36 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

It's fundamentally the same build ammo with skills to use profession mechanic, right down to cookiecutter Power F1, Confusion F2, Daze F3, Defensive F4.  Even Bladesworn, which is not that different to warrior's core class mechanic on paper, still introduces a never before seen way to charge attacks to insane levels of power. 

Go back to the engineer forums.  No one wants you here playing devil's advocate for how bad Virtuoso is. 

I am fine, thanks. I am allowed to participate in any subforum I desire to.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Chrono and Mirage both got "painful"(to put it nicely) reworks done to them, wonder what they could do for the Virtuoso rework, take away two dodges? permanent -100% movement speed in combat to turn them into a turret? 🤔

They could give it blight... Something like gain blight (1h) whenever you use a blade attack, blight is twice as effective on Virtuoso than it is on Harbinger reducing it's life by 3% per stack (max 75%). Also, Psionic attacks seemed to lack counterplay, Now you get self-chill (5s) on use of a psionic attack.

• Haha 5

Going to reserve judgement until I have more playtime, but I'm happy to have blades instead of clones in WvW groups.  I hated having a lot of my utility destroyed by zergs.

Btw, I think many of you need to realize that playing a class is not a marriage - many people play most, if not all the classes, changing it up as they feel the mood.

-Jeff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1