.5s To React To SoulBeast Burst

AikijinX.6258

I'll start off by explaining that I knew he would shoot me, I had him targeted. What I didn't know was how hard and rapid he'd hit, because it was my first encounter with him. Pretty balanced damage I'd say. To be honest I'd argue that it's too balanced. 

Anet will see this video and still nerf Thief. I should've died sooner, I was alive way too long. Base Health Nerf Incoming. 

/s

And yes yes, I know the spiel, He invested everything into this 1 trick pony build and went full zerker, blah blah blah. And I shoud've known better, and dodged when I saw Sic'Em activate etc, yada yada.

19.4k HP on my build btw.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_VeearE7NcEkT8YIKvmhKJUS-a0hlQDn/view?usp=sharing

Edited by AikijinX.6258
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, AikijinX.6258 said:

I'll start off by explaining that I knew he would shoot me, I had him targeted. What I didn't know was how hard and rapid he'd hit, because it was my first encounter with him. Pretty balanced damage I'd say. To be honest I'd argue that it's too balanced. 

Anet will see this video and still nerf Thief. I should've died sooner, I was alive too long. Base Health Nerf Incoming. 

/s

And yes yes, I know the spiel, He invested everything into this 1 trick pony build and went full zerker, blah blah blah. And I shoud've known better, and dodged when I saw Sic'Em activate etc, yada yada.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_VeearE7NcEkT8YIKvmhKJUS-a0hlQDn/view?usp=sharing

Does that mean that I can go full zerker and gib 19,4k hp people with thief in 0,5s from 1500 range, without setup? Cool! Oh wait...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I recall there being a bug where it takes a half second for your armor value to apply after being dismounted. With a Soulbeast oneshot burst it can hit you before your armor is active so it hits even harder than it should (still have a lot of cool downs to set that kind of damage up in the first place).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AikijinX.6258 said:

Anet will see this video and still nerf Thief. I should've died sooner, I was alive too long. Base Health Nerf Incoming. 

/s

Saw such crap also alot. Thief got nerfed hard because of it in the early phase of the game but ye Ranger is now so juicy.  Sic'em such a juicy Skill. Press 1 Button and u can kitten off the thief completely. 

Edited by Grebcol.5984

14 minutes ago, saerni.2584 said:

I recall there being a bug where it takes a half second for your armor value to apply after being dismounted. With a Soulbeast oneshot burst it can hit you before your armor is active so it hits even harder than it should (still have a lot of cool downs to set that kind of damage up in the first place).

I am not a Hunter player, so I might as well be wrong, but from what I'm seeing, you "only" need to use One Wolf Pack and Sic 'em. You can proc Lesser Quickening Zephyr with a trait, and that's it. That's all I see being used. That's like the equivalent of us using Basi Venom+Assassin's signet+ proccing Lesser Haste in Trickery. Except you won't do over 20k damage in 0,5 seconds with that, let alone from potentially 1500 range

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saerni.2584 said:

Yes I believe this is the case. Anet isn’t going to fix this since not enough people are fussing over it and it’s not a huge community fiasco but this bug does suck when you’re on the receiving end of it. But fair play to that Ranger, I understand why he would take that high position as well, since he’s blown all his CDs. But mehhh.  This doesn’t happen often and like said, more than likely isn’t getting fixed. 

1 hour ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

Saw such crap also alot. Thief got nerfed hard because of it in the early phase of the game but ye Ranger is now so juicy.  Sic'em such a juicy Skill. Press 1 Button and u can kitten off the thief completely. 

Yeah thief had monster damage back then. I should know. I was the one shot daredevil Thief that insta’d medium, and lights with a backstab without using Assassin signet. My past montages proves as such. But those glorious power 1 shot days are far and behind. 

59 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

Yeah, I've encountered that. But the thing is earth runes still work so he was eating most of his own burst.

Yes Earth runes is super useful! I love them 👌🏾 On my projectile hate build

On 11/28/2021 at 2:40 PM, Graeaw.6329 said:

[...], let alone from potentially 1500 range

Over 1800 range, because unlike our measly slow rifle bullets, arrows don't poof away after they travelled their max range and instead despawn after a set time. And that range is strictly horizontal - a Ranger shooting diagonally up or downwards gets even further.

Did I mention that the arrows are also faster than our kneeled rifle bullets?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

No sympathy for a thief player. Get rekt.

^This

Even though I am also a Thief, I embrace the fact that we deserve to suffer and never have anything nice.

It is our destiny to die violently whilst achieving nothing.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Straegen.2938 said:

For some reason they have obliterated melee builds in WvW which are high risk and low reward now. Instead ranged damage and ground targeting is the preferred gameplay.

Daredevil can still play a high risk high reward melee build in WvW which becomes even more effective in an organised guild group. You just have to play it like a melee class.

8 hours ago, Straegen.2938 said:

For some reason they have obliterated melee builds in WvW which are high risk and low reward now. Instead ranged damage and ground targeting is the preferred gameplay.

This^ not to be mean but anets devs, including cmc are horrible at balancing classes.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107