Qive ele's quickness via "Zephyrs Boon" Air traitline

Rachel.4321

Zephyr's boon: Grant boons to allies to you grant auras to 

Currently gives fury and swifntess 5 seconds 

Wouldnt it make much more sense to add quickness or change swiftness to quickness?

Air is supposed to be about control abilities after all, so it makes sense so allow ele's to have and give quickness in the air traitline. 

Healing aura builds would then be more useful to squads. 

Also some skills take too long to cast, by the time I've cast frostbow skill 5 stun 'deep freeze' (1.5 seconds) or glyph of renewal (2 seconds) I sometimes find myself already down. Please make these instant!! 

Does arena net actually read these suggestions? 😛

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Then catalyst would have no actual use. 

That a realty bad reason to be of use though.

I am all for making aura boons stronger but we need to look at making the aura boon traits have an transmutation effect. How about we add in to zephyrs boon an 1 to 2 sec quickness on transmutation but keep the fury / swiftness on aura applying. I would not mind seeing this trait move to GM and move lighting rod to where zephrs boon is now. Having both FA and a strong boon skill is to much for the game.

I would also like to see the earth protection on auras get transmutation stab support 2 stacks on a 3-4 sec duration and powerful aura get larger transmutation aoe and aracain get added condis on transmutation.

• Like 1

while i like the idea of ele getting more sources of quickness, i feel that would be something more applicable to a grandmaster trait, not an adapt trait. perhaps on a reworked grandmaster 3 trait (lightning rod), i feel like that trait is severely outmatched by fresh air and bolt to heart (maybe it's more useful in pvp in its current state idk, i dont pvp much)

6 hours ago, crosknight.3041 said:

while i like the idea of ele getting more sources of quickness, i feel that would be something more applicable to a grandmaster trait, not an adapt trait. perhaps on a reworked grandmaster 3 trait (lightning rod), i feel like that trait is severely outmatched by fresh air and bolt to heart (maybe it's more useful in pvp in its current state idk, i dont pvp much)

Lightening Rod is an incredibly useful skill for  PvP air builds, adding quickness to it would be... strange. It could work, but it would probably change the skill to be more supportive in nature than it's current focus on distruption.

If there is any grandmaster that might be changed, I'd wager itd be bolt to the heart. Flat damage increases are pretty boring all things considered  and its usually only taken because the other two grandmasters dont work with your play style, not because it's a fantastic, build defining skill.

Not saying I would want Bolt to change, just its the least interesting of the three traits. Honestly I think all three GM air traits are fine.

Personally I think adding quickness to Zephyrs Boon might be a little OP unless it's like 1 second...even then we'd probably need to add an ICD to it, which I don't really like. But maybe if they reworked the skill completely it could work. 

Edited by fuzzyp.6295

27 minutes ago, fuzzyp.6295 said:

Lightening Rod is an incredibly useful skill for  PvP air builds, adding quickness to it would be... strange. It could work, but it would probably change the skill to be more supportive in nature than it's current focus on distruption.

If there is any grandmaster that might be changed, I'd wager itd be bolt to the heart. Flat damage increases are pretty boring all things considered  and its usually only taken because the other two grandmasters dont work with your play style, not because it's a fantastic, build defining skill.

Not saying I would want Bolt to change, just its the least interesting of the three traits. Honestly I think all three GM air traits are fine.

Personally I think adding quickness to Zephyrs Boon might be a little OP unless it's like 1 second...even then we'd probably need to add an ICD to it, which I don't really like. But maybe if they reworked the skill completely it could work. 

That why you put it on transmutation there a much harder line to skills needed and cast time to get to the point of transmutation.

Heal Tempest is fine. PUGs are just desperate for a reason not to use something "safe" unless it directly increases overall group DPS. This is a playerbase issue, not balance issue. Look in the mirror, and hate what you see.

Catalyst is aiming for frontline boon support, most likely Diviner gear. So Quickness makes sense.

Edited by Kain Francois.4328
  • Confused 2