Please let bladesworn change their gunblade skin to a greatsword

12 hours ago, Immortality.5093 said:

Please just let us use our greatsword skins on the bladesworn ability. I don't dislike the whole gunblade thing but tbh i worked hard for my legendary greatswords. To have to stow them away just in favour of something that isn't "legendary" feels very annoying. 

Warrior feels Engie’s long standing pain. 😄

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

You know you can use the gunsaber AND a greatsword right?

It was actually one of the more effective combos for pvp

Yeah i know. But it would still only show your gunsaber. So visually you wouldn't see your greatsword. I'd love to be able to change the look of it seeing as it's basically another weapon at this point.

16 minutes ago, Duke Blackrose.4981 said:

You forget that your class actually got said kits changed from those horrid backpacks.

No I didn't. And yes, it's great, but the weapons themselves... ? Oh that's right, those remained untouched! You might have an effect or something on your dragon trigger the same way the Engi's Grenade Barrage is affected by legendary projectile effects. 

Better get used to your current gunsaber skin otherwise.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, MrForz.1953 said:

No I didn't. And yes, it's great, but the weapons themselves... ? Oh that's right, those remained untouched! You might have an effect or something on your dragon trigger the same way the Engi's Grenade Barrage is affected by legendary projectile effects. 

Better get used to your current gunsaber skin otherwise.

Or... they could add skin/dye options to both. And Mechanist golems. And Holosmith sword.

If Arenanet's spaghetti code doesn't prohibit it, we should push for improvement. If it does prohibit it... oh well, get used to it and match your character's look to the skill.

• Haha 1

It's a kit so I don't think they are going to do it. Engineer has been stuck with the same look for kits since gw2 launch with only slight tweaks to the models after the hobo sack got removed. Since then they have forgotten kits exist considering most legendary effects don't even show up on them.

I hate being a pessimist about it but after all these years and the utter lack of support given to kits I just don't see this changing. Customizing the mech as much as everyone wants it is going to fall into the same vein and I seriously doubt they will do anything to allow us to dye them.

2 hours ago, Duke Blackrose.4981 said:

Or... they could add skin/dye options to both. And Mechanist golems. And Holosmith sword.

If Arenanet's spaghetti code doesn't prohibit it, we should push for improvement. If it does prohibit it... oh well, get used to it and match your character's look to the skill.

Lol.. it's really not complicated to see why it doesn't work that way. Wardrobe skins are tied to distinct instances of items. Things that you have in your inventory / armory. And all of these things are not items. Kit weapons, they might have some resemblance to items, once you are holding them, so maybe in that case there is some roundabout hack they could do to let players apply skins to them. But you know.. that's exactly how you end up with spaghetti code to begin with.

Edited by Andred.1087