Berserker on Mechanist = Wasted Power stat

Epyon.7436

Just now, hash.8462 said:

Well, the OP was talking about a power build (zerk gear), not condition.

His point is that power stat is only converted at 25% now, so it is almost wasted.

Yeah I get his point ... and my point is that we need to see what the ACTUAL DPS of the spec is for that complaint to have any credibility. 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Yeah I get his point ... and my point is that we need to see what the ACTUAL DPS of the spec is for that complaint to have any credibility. 

Ok, and I also agree on that.

I was just pointing out that in your previous post you stated that the OP was overreacting after Nephalem stated some condi dps numbers, but we need to test a power build to prove if OP is right or not, it was just a clarification.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

You can solo almost all hot champs as full glass core engi. a solo build still needs to kill.

I don't aim to solo "almost", I aim for all.
And, obviously, I kill them with the build I tested. The dmg wasn't as great as what scrapper and holo can achieve will still being tanky.

Outside of all regular easy champ, I've done Batlhy, Axe master, Blade master, not enough time to try some bouty.
Not all of us just focus on golem gameplay, some like me like to be able to solo, champ/leg/and some meta on our own.
And in this concern the OP is right, we've lost a good chunk of power with the mech change and mace buff + buff sharing isn't enough to make a good deal.

Well the nerf made no sense to begin with. All the people who complained that the golem did too much damage totally ignored the fact it is the only thing it did : damage. Survivability is crap, control was crap, now it's more manageable, breakbar extremely easy to break and most importantly it is an AI. We're talking about an AI that takes the long path around the target to shoot because the target in question is 10cm above/below its ground level. We're talking about an AI that will stay immobile as long as he can shoot even if its standing in a lava pool. And there's 0 thing buffing your own engineer in case it dies.

I wont say power build doesnt work, it can work, kind of, but the performance is very underwhelming compared to condition build. The golem is going to struggle against swarm of trashmob / AOE CC. Right now I think I wouldnt even consider bringing a Mechanist if the team needs power DPS, Holosmith does a better job. However as a support or condition DPS, I think it's in a good spot.

1 hour ago, Ruufio.1496 said:

DPS on full berserker mechanist with scholar runes (all exotics, since beta) with mace in training area golem and firebrand giving perma quickness - DPS on mechanist is almost 16k. And permanent AOE alacrity.

Where's the problem?

i hope you are not serious, but i am not sure.