Do new accounts have a free transfer for WvW?

ShadowCatz.8437

Bought a new PoF account and not sure if this is still true. As far as I remember when started to play before HoT came we didn't have to pick a world when started client for the first time. Now we can't go into PvE or anything else before picking a World/Server for WvW.

Looked on wiki to see if there was something, but didn't find anything (didn't look in the right place about WvW). In case we are stuck with the World we pick from starting a new account, which one have active WvW guilds in EU?

I have been on Gandara for years and it is up and down with Guilds there as far as I know.  It have been Full for a long time, so I suppose it also adds to how a lots of Guilds vanish for WvW (or move focus to PvE RAIDS or sPVP instead of WvW).

I am aware about the planned WvW Restucturing is meant to move focus away from which world one belongs to where Alliance or Guilds will have more impact then before (to replace WvW vs WvW).

What I am looking for is not into hardcore WvW Guild, but as I am doing mostly camps and some zerging when there is a tag up, but maybe that will change if there is an active WvW Guild on server that are open.

Thankful for suggestions! Please, don't make this thread into a discussion about WvW Restructuring.

You should get a free Transfer when you upgrade a F2P to a bought account, but in no other case.

Edit: Ok learned something, previously accounts without any charackter could always transfer for free, but ANet seem to have changed its mind, classified it as exploit and fixed it.

So close to Alliances this hardly payed off anyway.

Edited by Dayra.7405

Just now, Dayra.7405 said:

You should get a free Transfer when you upgrade a F2P to a bought account, but in no other case.

When one first create a new account (which I suppose is the default F2P) and then add (redeem) a key on account page for PoF, will it be handled as a F2P that have been upgraded to a payed account?

Recently someone posted that they tried to ‘delete’ their characters to get a free transfer.  It wasn’t allowed…

I believe it was changed.  I’ll see if I can find the recent thread.

Found it:

I would read this and the corresponding threads it links before deleting characters for a transfer of that is something you are considering.

If not, then all good.  🙂

Edited by Strider Pj.2193

1 minute ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Recently someone posted that they tried to ‘delete’ their characters to get a free transfer.  It wasn’t allowed…

Thanks, @Strider Pj.2193!

It is really confusing and there have been much talk back and forth since ANet have changed things over the years. GW2 wiki might not be updated for how things work today as for transfers (outside of cost in Gems).

1 minute ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

I don’t think that is the case anymore…

I didn't see that comment from Dayra until you @Strider Pj.2193 quted it. Maybe it have been removed before I read it?

I recall that a GM or moderator said something about this and said that it would be seen as breaking some rule of ToS or CoC as it was not intended to be used as a free means to pick another WvW (or could mess up linking etc)? It is some time ago when that was mentioned.

13 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Found it:

I would read this and the corresponding threads it links before deleting characters for a transfer of that is something you are considering.

If not, then all good.  🙂

Yeah, I remember seeing that thread now for some time ago! Thanks for digging it up! 😉

4 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

I don’t think that is the case anymore…

Well that'd be dumb anyways. Unless their characters collectively aren't worth.... 300g? They'd have to level up crafting the characters and whatnot again. Guess it'd make sense if they never hit 80 or something. Might as well just search the couch for $5 and not waste the time.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Well that'd be dumb anyways. Unless their characters collectively aren't worth.... 300g? They'd have to level up crafting the characters and whatnot again. Guess it'd make sense if they never hit 80 or something. Might as well just search the couch for $5 and not waste the time.

I mean, I agree with you as I stated in the other thread, but sometimes people just…. 🤷

• Thanks 1

Talked with CS and no I have not a free transfer on my new account.

Which WvW is there today that have enough of WvW guilds (English) on EU server? Roaming is more my play style, but wouldn't mind some more organised play.

Had a peek at leaderboard and https://gw2mists.com/guild-recruitment , but not sure what would be an ok WvW world to join.