Final review of Untamed. It's a pve spec and I will not use hammer in wvw at all.

Swagger.1459

2 hours ago, Swagger.1459 said:

You seem to have stumbled into a thread pertaining to wvw. I don’t care about your PvE dps, and  topic has nothing to do with PvE dps. 

I know you are having some difficulties with a PvE nerf to virtuoso, but this topic relates to wvw performance. It doesn’t take much brain matter to quickly determine that the skills from virtuoso will outperform in wvw compared to what hammer offers rangers. Because unlike your mostly stationary AI in pve, wvw is mostly comprised of player that don’t stand still. Understand? 

Again, this isn’t a PvE dps thread, go qq about virtuoso in that section because you’re obviously having a difficult time with it and are projecting it across all sections. 

The only person talking about PvE DPS is you. Keep throwing a tantrum.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Levetty.1279 said:

The only person talking about PvE DPS is you. Keep throwing a tantrum.

You and your tantrums… and there are more, but just quoting a few. 

“And I commentated on the pve damage nerfs.”

“Nothing changed so just copy and paste the feedback of the first beta thread but with the added question, why the hell did they nerf the PvE damage?”

“Then why did they gut the DPS?”

“And without the damage!”

“It isn't even good dps”

I’m here talking about hammer utility to make untamed a better bruiser in wvw. You’re the one constantly complaining about “dps” in pve on virtuoso around the forums. Or don’t you know what you post? 

Why not do something productive and complain about untamed pve dps, since I’m sure it’s nowhere near your virtuoso pve dps that you are constantly griping about? Seems right up your alley. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Swagger.1459 said:

You and your tantrums… and there are more, but just quoting a few. 

“And I commentated on the pve damage nerfs.”

“Nothing changed so just copy and paste the feedback of the first beta thread but with the added question, why the hell did they nerf the PvE damage?”

“Then why did they gut the DPS?”

“And without the damage!”

“It isn't even good dps”

I’m here talking about hammer utility to make untamed a better bruiser in wvw. You’re the one constantly complaining about “dps” in pve on virtuoso around the forums. Or don’t you know what you post? 

Why not do something productive and complain about untamed pve dps, since I’m sure it’s nowhere near your virtuoso pve dps that you are constantly griping about? Seems right up your alley. 

You just went through my post history to cherry pick my posts where I talk about Virtuoso PvE damage on the Virtuoso forums to prove that I was talking about Virtuoso PvE damage in this thread?

What? This is the most single digit IQ post I've ever seen. You have issues.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

Gotta say, I'm having fun with Untamed, but using Axe/Torch + SB in a Cele build.

• Celestial armor/trinkets w/Traveler Runes
  • Celestial axe/torch and shortbow 
  • Traits:
    • Wilderness Survival 3-1-2
    • Beastmaster 2-3-3
    • Untamed 3-2-3
  • Perilous Gift, Exploding Spores, Lightning Reflexes, Unnatural Traversal, Forest Fortification
  • Iboga & Jacaranda

Its all open-world, but that's what I care about.

That's fair in openworld anything goes.

But others who try to play with it in other content  are not happy. i don't see many untamed in WvW ( I think i saw just 2 yesterday and they were literally farmed for a bit and then dissapeared ) and not any in pvp. I tried for a bit, i saw it is still undewhelming and boooring and i stopped. 

Even current Druid feels better than this untamed. And that is a low bar. 

Low numbers aside it just feels like a core ranger with extra cunckly on the top by forcing you to manage F1-F3s,

It does not bring anything really, the hammer feels weak and graphically uninteresting.

Cantrips are boring and brings nothing to the gameplay, they are another instant cast skill for effect.

The feral state does nothing more than slurp you in an ugly goo for a bit.  

And because of the dual thing most traits feel unconsecuencial in hammer. In other weapons is not like they do a lot either. 

Ambushes are so so too, it's like the devs don't try what they implement.

I am really not digging this untamed.

PS: and you are still playing with the boring forever build in every elite BM-WS-XX with survival skills. I am tired of playing the same build with every single specialization. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 2

From a PvE standpoint, I'm actually enjoying Untamed Hammer right now. It ain't perfect, but it's definitely more viable in that setting. 

WvW though, I agree, it's not as suitable as GS+Bow for example. Right now the biggest gripe I have with it is skill cooldowns are way too long for me to take advantage of any real CC play, Squad or Roaming, pretty pointless to use it if I can't actually use it for what it's meant to be used for. 

Pets... eh, let's not talk about that in WvW lel 

Edited by ChronoPinoyX.7923
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, emilejuggernaut.1864 said:

...I just don't understand the goal for untamed.

Me too.

They did state the goal was a frontline bruiser spec. What I also don't understand was why they made that the goal in the first place, or why they have designed a frontline bruiser in this way.

We need a Mid/Back-Line AoE Nuker with Support.

• Like 4

Me too.

They did state the goal was a frontline bruiser spec. What I also don't understand was why they made that the goal in the first place, or why they have designed a frontline bruiser in this way.

We need a Mid/Back-Line AoE Nuker with Support.

Yeah and as I said previously Ranger has bruiser options you can make soulbeast into a bit of a wall and the class base core in general isnt struggling with open world pve. They could even make unleashed change hammer from range to melee or the other way round. Its a frontline bruiser with 0 support you'd struggle to find a bruiser that doesnt support in the current game I think soulbeast currently has more of a place in WvW large fights.