Could Virtuoso get the ability to hide their blades outside of combat?

Chaz.1857

On 3/3/2022 at 11:09 PM, Lynx.9058 said:

I just wish I had an offhand that matched the glowy dagger mainhand.  Please let us dual wield daggers with virtuoso >.>

My sword offhand is currently one the boreal sword variants since it's a super short sword, it looks like I have two daggers.

9 hours ago, Obliviscaris.6937 said:

Pwoah, EOD launch! 

And yeah screw player choice! /s

You realize it's not a matter of writing a few lines of code to add a graphical toggle to something, right? If you had it your way you'd have hundreds of toggles to turn off every little thing. To do that, every asset would need to be likely changed in how it interacts with other assets, and the environment. On top of that, the asset itself may natively be attached to other assets (or to put simply part of one asset) that is not easily segregated and then made toggle-able. I would rather anet focus on fixing actual issues than waste time on these sort of petty requests. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:
17 hours ago, Obliviscaris.6937 said:

Pwoah, EOD launch! 

You realize it's not a matter of writing a few lines of code to add a graphical toggle to something, right?

Guess what? 

it's not my job to give a friggin crap about how it's done.

Stop making excuses for them. This would be an 'issue' if they had done due diligence and ideated the concept properly.

Edited by Obliviscaris.6937
  • Like 6

43 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:
On 3/7/2022 at 4:18 PM, Obliviscaris.6937 said:

Pwoah, EOD launch! 

Player choice?  You're the one trying to take my blades!

Taking your blades by giving us an option to turn them off! I'm a TYRANT! 

Hahah I know you're just pulling my leg, nobody is actually that dense! ❤️

• Haha 1

Now that I've played the Virtuoso for a while I really think something needs to be done with the daggers while out of combat. I'm not saying remove them completely but at the very least shrink them. Maybe have them hide on the character's back almost like a back piece, and then spring to action when you start fighting. The daggers get really distracting when you're just trying to watch the small dialogue parts, or just exploring in general. I personally had to toggle off my legendary back piece and trinket because it just got too busy on my screen. And that sucks because I worked really hard on those. I want virtuoso to be my main spec, but think of the fashion. THE FASHION WARS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, SkinnyT.5382 said:

Now that I've played the Virtuoso for a while I really think something needs to be done with the daggers while out of combat. I'm not saying remove them completely but at the very least shrink them. Maybe have them hide on the character's back almost like a back piece, and then spring to action when you start fighting. The daggers get really distracting when you're just trying to watch the small dialogue parts, or just exploring in general. I personally had to toggle off my legendary back piece and trinket because it just got too busy on my screen. And that sucks because I worked really hard on those. I want virtuoso to be my main spec, but think of the fashion. THE FASHION WARS!

Change the blades' skin on your virtuoso, now on sale on gem store! 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, SkinnyT.5382 said:

Maybe have them hide on the character's back almost like a back piece, and then spring to action when you start fighting.

Knowing Anet, the daggers would probably clip through every possible backpack, making the daggers the only backpack you'll be wearing on your virtuoso. 😛

On 3/8/2022 at 12:41 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

Knowing Anet, the daggers would probably clip through every possible backpack, making the daggers the only backpack you'll be wearing on your virtuoso. 😛

True, but like I said I already had to turn off my back pack. So if I at the very least I could get  the space over my charter's head clear that would be nice.

• Like 1