Dragonstorm event didn't reward the "Revenge of the Dragons" achievement.

Done the entire "Champions" achievement line months ago. Yesterday I have done the story, done the Dragonstorm one time in Public mode, it didn't count. Done it for a second time today, and I have hit both dragons, it still didn't count........... This is an absurd and it is frustrating players!!! 
At least come with a red label pop-up disclaimer about how should it be done before entering the instance.... How are we supposed to know how to get the achievement!? You are setting up faulty expectations to people! 

Edited by Athanna.3725

Same here, didn't get the achievement. 

It's not Aurene Power Transfer - there were two of us inside my story instance, I used Aurene Power Transfer on a crystal while the other person used that skill on the other crystal. The other person got the achievement.

Update: I have an alt which hasn't completed that part yet. We did it again, and this time, I made sure I did all the special actions. I got the achievement right after Aurene Power Transfer finished channeling. It's not enough just to trigger the skill, you must complete it. 

I suggest people solo the Story version to ensure they get the achievement. If you are in a party, there's a high chance that other people might trigger the special skill way ahead of you and you won't be able to finish your channel which happened to me on my first run

Edited by dsokua.8945

To get this achievement, you definitely must finish Channeling Aurene. either in public or in Story. I skipped the final attack on the dragons and just waited for the Special Action key to come, up and hit it to channel. This immediately gave me the acievement when it finished channeling.

Edited by Pagan Highlander.5948
  • Like 1

Worst customer service I have gotten from a game developer so far.   I raised a ticket with customer support after doing the Revenge of the Dragons meta two times on two different days and GW2 customer service tells me to re-do the event. I have played this game for years and have rarely have had an issue where I need to raise a ticket .  I have a legitimate concern and I have been brushed off by GW2 customer service.  I will try the suggestions in this thread but this means I have to waste time on this event yet again.   

7 hours ago, RuffRider.7329 said:

Worst customer service I have gotten from a game developer so far.   I raised a ticket with customer support after doing the Revenge of the Dragons meta two times on two different days and GW2 customer service tells me to re-do the event. I have played this game for years and have rarely have had an issue where I need to raise a ticket .  I have a legitimate concern and I have been brushed off by GW2 customer service.  I will try the suggestions in this thread but this means I have to waste time on this event yet again.   

They cant help with achievements mate.

Skip last cc phase stand at crystal and press special action so your sure to fully charge last skill in dragonstorm should get you your achiv.

dont press more then once since it deactivate the skill.

On 11/30/2021 at 10:51 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You must make sure the channel finishes; if the event finishes before your channel finishes, it will not count.

My friend just did it.

You need to go to the Helecopter Pilot - Brek Harrowflight (a charr wearing goggles and the gold racing scarf).

They should be a Story version on his menu.

Do that, make sure to channel all the abilities (i.e. hold down the Special Action button).

Good luck everybody!

Edited by Svarty.8019

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the topic! My husband and I both had trouble obtaining credit for the Revenge of the Dragons achievement today. We first attempted it in public after reset which took 20 minutes to complete. Very crowded, very scaled up. Every step took ages. Turns out we did NOT complete channeling Aurene before the event ended, so we failed to receive credit for this achievement.

Went back in Story mode with just 3 in the party. Super fast, super easy. My husband and I made a point to start channeling Aurene at the same time and it went off without a hitch.

Save yourself the trouble and just use Story mode (private) with one or two other people to balance it out.