Hammer is still terrible

Paradoxoglanis.1904

1 hour ago, brandies.8673 said:

agree, boycotting hammer is the best strategy.

Or just not buying the expansion lol.

The orbs are a cool ideal with the hammer but they do not seem tided into any thing catalyses dose as an class. Like they are just tacked in there because they where a cool ideal.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, brandies.8673 said:

agree, boycotting hammer is the best strategy.

wont work realistically.

Anet will have statistics. and Alot of players will play what is meta regardless realistically. you wont get everyone just refusing to use hammer regardless of its strengths, Unpopular doesnt equate to Underpowered.

Hammer is probably some of the most fun I had with elementalist in my 10 years of playing this game. I didn't vibe with it at first; however, someone posted a video of them soloing some HPs in the feedback threads. Once I got the gist of the videos (what does damage, when to swap), I was able to successfully create my own builds by branching off those concepts.

Playing hammer like you would sword/dagger won't net you much success, it really is its own playstyle.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Vinteros Asteano.1209 said:

it really is its own playstyle.

I think you're saying it's fun because it's new.

The playstyle is not unique, it's just another melee weapon with different animations.

The weak mobility and sustain make it weak in sPVP.

The lack of range and weak AOE damage make it unuseable in WVW.

It's a practise golem weapon good at nothing but PVE benchmarks.

Edited by scerevisiae.1972
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, scerevisiae.1972 said:

I think you're saying it's fun because it's new.

The playstyle is not unique, it's just another melee weapon with different animations.

The weak mobility and sustain make it weak in sPVP.

The lack of range and weak AOE damage make it unuseable in WVW.

It's a practise golem weapon good at nothing but PVE benchmarks.

Or maybe, just maybe, there are people that do actually do enjoy the weapon and the ele community isn't just a hive mind repeating the same ol tired complaints?  🙃

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, fuzzyp.6295 said:

Or maybe, just maybe, there are people that do actually do enjoy the weapon and the ele community isn't just a hive mind repeating the same ol tired complaints?  🙃

or maybe you're just inexperienced and craving the new shiny. I don't know any experienced/high-level Eles who think this will be anything but a pure PVE/golem benchmark weapon. It just doesn't have the toolset to be anything but another cele duellist/bunker spec in PVP/WVW, like sword/X but worse. 

Edited by scerevisiae.1972
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, scerevisiae.1972 said:

or maybe you're just inexperienced and craving the new shiny. I don't know any experienced/high-level Eles who think this will be anything but a pure PVE/golem benchmark weapon. It just doesn't have the toolset to be anything but another cele duellist/bunker spec in PVP/WVW, like sword/X but worse. 

Well, you're looking at one highly experienced Ele who is super excited for it, so oops you're wrong there lol? Maybe you should stop trying to insult people who have different opinions than you and let us enjoy the great new weapon. It';s not like Weaver is going anywhere for you! And even if I wasn't highly experienced in Elementalist, why should that matter about liking a weapon or not? Are you trying to say that newer Elementalist who may think Hammer looks fun are wrong to believe so? That because its not the new meta weapon anyone who enjoys it suddenly doesn't know how to play the game correctly? Lol,.. This arrogance... give it a rest my dude. Not everyone hates Hammer.

A fun weapon doesn't have to strictly be a better meta weapon to be enjoyable or viable in content on all levels. I can not wait for Hammer! I'm sure you'll come to love it once you learn how to play it better. If not, oh well.  No big deal, plenty of other content for you to sink your teeth into anyway wouldn't you say? 🙂

Edited by fuzzyp.6295
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I didn't like it at first. Like at all. But after the last beta It started to grow on me, and this is in pvp. That water leap heal is huge, and the elite skill lets you use it twice. Although I find the elite uninspired and is gonna just complicate rotations in my book, it was usefull in a sustain situation. Earth attunement and condi damage was more effective than I thought it would be. My only complaint about the class is the traits are just straight up boring. We have two lines that are alternatives to each other and just give % stat increases which just doesn't feel like it changes anything in the way you play. It's a necessary stat cushion so catalyst can survive with constant evades, but I still don't know why we have to waste traits on just that for every spec. Theres just no meaningful or playstyle changing traits besides the aura on combo one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2022 at 2:02 PM, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

No changes to hammer since the beta. I guess we have to accept that its only use is for dps benchmarks.

Yep. Incredible. Sword already fills this space pretty well, though it needs its own minor tweaks.

I think it's ridiculous that Anet would add another raid-only weapon when Staff and Scepter are the only ranged weapons that Ele has had for 9 straight years.