End Conjecture not working - Taimi & Gorrik won't talk

I finished all the Return to Champion Bonus Events and went to talk to Taimi and Gorrik to finish End Conjecture. Neither would talk to me. I did have the story up because I was helping guildies (my character had done the whole story previously). The only thing I had was being prompted to talk to Aurene and Bangor and nothing else. I finally quit the story and logged out and was able to finish End Conjecture. Possibly having the story still open prevents that conversation from happening. I am curious if anyone else has had this issue.

I had issue with them not existing at EOTN, if you did the storyline on a main character, try logging into that toon for the achieve/convo. it worked for me.

Edited by Noxin.9276
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Noxin.9276 said:

I had issue with them not existing at EOTN, if you did the storyline on a main character, try logging into that toon for the achieve/convo. it worked for me.

Read the OP it clearly state they have done the whole story previously.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Noxin.9276 said:

I made sure I was on the character who finished the story - I double checked when they would not talk to me despite having the chat markers over their heads. I suspect the issue was having the story up again and having it hang up at the point where you had to talk to Aurene and Bangor - that action seemed to have priority over showing I finished the achievement. I was helping guildies through the Return to stories so we were not progressing through as though we were playing for the first time - just going to the purple stars and starting those instances. Since closing the story and logging out and back in solved the issue all is well but was a bit disconcerting when it happened and my guildies were able to talk to Taimi and Gorrik and I couldn't, lol. I got my amulet but wanted to make sure if anyone else had the issue come up they could fix it.

I waited to talk to them until I'd finished the whole story.  Maybe it's possible to talk to them earlier, but I never noticed them in EotN before that.  They have a LOT of stored up dialog when you do it this way.  There's also a recorder on the desk beside them that will replay their conversations.  Perhaps using that will move things along if this is a problem on the character that completed the story.

Related:  The recorder lists 9 conversations.  I have all of them unlocked (according to the wiki) based on the associated achievements.  However EYE-G08 and EYE-G09 are both playing the same recording, the one listed as G08 in the wiki.  I'd like to hear G09 again  - I did hear it during my marathon of conversations with the two of them, it just won't replay via the recorder.

On 12/1/2021 at 8:45 PM, Tyrsa.4981 said:

Maybe it's possible to talk to them earlier, but I never noticed them in EotN before that.

As far as I recall, they set up camp once you have finished the last Champions mission.

Perhaps it is bugged if you have not talked to them in the correct order 😕 - each Return event had its own conversation at the end.

• Confused 1

I had talked to them every time they were available as we progressed so I don't think it was that. I still think it had to do with having replayed the story for the purple stars so my group could replay the Return to stuff and there is a glitch where the game hangs up  instead of recognizing your character had actually finished it and was working on the Return to items. We all got credit for the Return to events. Since I was the one leading the party and initiating the story bits we had to do, I was the only one who had this issue. Closing the story and relogging was all it took, luckily, for the game to recognize I had indeed finished everything and get the conversations I needed to get my nice shiny object.

• 1 year later...