Bladesworn After second Beta POLL

Apolo.5942

Bladesworn Second Beta  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How well do you believe this spec can perform in PVE given its Design/Balance?.(How much do you like it for PVE)

• Good/Like it
    • Average/Meh
    • Bad/Hate it
  2. 2. How well do you believe this spec can perform in PVP given its Design/Balance?.(How much do you like it for PVP)

• Good/Like it
    • Average/Meh
    • Bad/Hate it
  3. 3. How well do you believe this spec can perform in WVW given its Design/Balance?.(How much do you like it for WVW)

• Good/Like it
    • Average/Meh
    • Bad/Hate it

• Apolo.5942 changed the title to Bladesworn After second Beta POLL

The main issue I been having with the subclass now since the changes is that is just doesn't fit it's fantasy anymore, it is now just an berserker with extra steps.  The Dragon Trigger skills were gutted and don't feel impactful anymore, it's not fun to use that aspect of the class anymore.  They should of just nerf the flow rate and make it that you had to switch out of the gunblade once in a way instead of just nerfing everything that make it unique compare to the other warrior specs.   It doesn't do the damage anymore and on top of that, I'm finding it harder to pull off good numbers on this compare to just berserker.

Edited by MAROCTHEBOW.5287
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MAROCTHEBOW.5287 said:

The main issue I been having with the subclass now since the changes is that is just doesn't fit it's fantasy anymore, it is now just an berserker with extra steps.  The Dragon Trigger skills were gutted and don't feel impactful anymore, it's not fun to use that aspect of the class anymore.  They should of just nerf the flow rate and make it that you had to switch out of the gunblade once in a way instead of just nerfing everything that make it unique compare to the other warrior specs.   It doesn't do the damage anymore and on top of that, I'm finding it harder to pull off good numbers on this compare to just berserker.

They halved the power coefficient on dragon trigger, so it should still hit for 200+k damage, right?

Asking because I didn't manage to test myself yet.

If it still hits for 200k, that would still feel impactful, shouldn't it? It's more damage than any other class can achieve in a single hit.

It's a bit early for me. I don't like BsW in general but so far in duels I've see a lot of improvement and qol from fixed bugs. But that's it, fixed bugs. The Saber still needs a 20 to 25% coeff buff. Break step needs an evade frame for a weapon we are locked into and flicker step needs one more charge. That for now, will come back later. 

Arenanet should simply scrap the Dragon Trigger and turn the Gun-not-a-sabre (rename that thing already) into a Shroud-like mechanic That uses Flow as fuel. Or even better, scrap Flow as well and make Adrenaline be the fuel.

The Armament utility type ought to turn into Gadget, so Engineers can also benefit from possible future runes.

Weapon swap needs to be available in combat.

The Pistol needs to be ranged.

Jokesworn as it is now is too overloaded with mechanics and not a single one of them feels good (to me). I've no reason to pick it over literally any other trait line.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Arenanet should simply scrap the Dragon Trigger and turn the Gun-not-a-sabre (rename that thing already) into a Shroud-like mechanic That uses Flow as fuel. Or even better, scrap Flow as well and make Adrenaline be the fuel.

The Armament utility type ought to turn into Gadget, so Engineers can also benefit from possible future runes.

Weapon swap needs to be available in combat.

The Pistol needs to be ranged.

Jokesworn as it is now is too overloaded with mechanics and not a single one of them feels good (to me). I've no reason to pick it over literally any other trait line.

This. 

The class feels like the developers are terrified of letting it do things. I suppose that caution is warranted for new specs to prevent people who buy into them from being disappointed later, but this just feels like warrior with more rooting and more hurdles, of which it already had plenty. 

• Like 5

Well those votes are rather one sided for sure. It was interesting to see changes to Bladesworn, that to me are only nerfs, they nerfed a lot about the spec, and still didn't give us anything we've been asking for. Like these changes were pre-planned and are just acting like we asked to have what they gave us, instead of like, flow staying outside of combat, or MH pistol or actual range on pistol or anything, nope, just halved damage on DT, that's what we wanted. That's exactly what the spec needed. 

Well no sane person should vote for good. I mean sure if they have fun but I would literally take the concept of catalyst, which is hated more apparently, for warrior instead of this boomsword. Like seriously, give me those combofields, group quickness and so on. Better a janky hammer than a janky whole spec.

Anyone done a benchmark already btw? Didnt see anything yet which is surprising to say the least since multiple people grinded that in the first beta.

• Like 1

I have 0 pve experience so cant really comment on that, but from a pvp/wvw perspective...holy this class makes me sad. It's mechanic completely breaks the flow of combat on warrior - and not in a good way (which is ironic for a spec with a resource literally called "flow"), everything feels so janky to use. Not to mention the pistol that is completely forgettable as a weapon, it just feels like Anet created the saber and then went like "Oh yeah, we gotta give the spec a new weapon too" and just slapped in the first thing that came to mind.

Which begs the question - why would I ever take it over any other war's specs, even zerker, when they fill the same role with half the effort (and half the frustration)? You have to put so much effort into this spec just to be marginally useful in a fight, it just baffles me. Oh well, looks like we won't be leaving spellbreaker anytime soon.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Bladesworn is a headache to play, very frustrating and lots of waiting around, I can barely bring myself to even beta test it. I switch to Berserker after and it feels so much better.

This is sadly where I'm at too. I'm so bummed out by the spec that I can't put in the effort to play it for more than a few minutes. And when I do play it, the setup isn't worth the payoff.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Bladesworn is a headache to play, very frustrating and lots of waiting around, I can barely bring myself to even beta test it. I switch to Berserker after and it feels so much better.

Same here. All other warrior specs are just nicely direct when it comes to getting adrenaline and spending it. No kittening around, unlike Bladesworn.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Well no sane person should vote for good. I mean sure if they have fun but I would literally take the concept of catalyst, which is hated more apparently, for warrior instead of this boomsword. Like seriously, give me those combofields, group quickness and so on. Better a janky hammer than a janky whole spec.

Anyone done a benchmark already btw? Didnt see anything yet which is surprising to say the least since multiple people grinded that in the first beta.

So it turns out that once they fixed the bug that hard-locked you into Gunsaber and justifiably nerfed Lush Forest, you just avoid being in Gunsaber as much as possible because the skills are all so bad. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

So it turns out that once they fixed the bug that hard-locked you into Gunsaber and justifiably nerfed Lush Forest, you just avoid being in Gunsaber as much as possible because the skills are all so bad. 

Wow that actually looks more enjoyable to play, Im not even kidding. Around 36k dps as banner, power berserker did like a little below 34k? Not sure if I like that to be honest. Its direct competition and I think berserker is a lot more fluid/fun to play imo. Wouldnt want to play bladesworn for the extra 2k damage because berserker can move with all attacks it does and can switch to maces for strong cc, which bladesworn doesnt have at all (except with unyielding dragon, I dont count that as reliable cc source).

But yeah its actually funny how you went from perma gunsaber to no gunsaber at all. 

• Like 2

On 12/1/2021 at 1:28 AM, Opopanax.1803 said:

They wonder why it isnt well received when it is just a 3rd melee power dps spec... more of the same for warrior.  The flavor they are going for isnt enough to overcome the tripled up power melee dps over-arching design.  

You cant use this for support anymore?

I wanted to do a Shout Healer Bladesworn build