Hide the blades please.

captrowdy.9561

The blades need to go out of combat, or at least when the weapons are sheathed. Arenanet could at least add an option to let us disable such particle effects on the client side.

Alternatively, Arenanet could simply add that passive Blade generation as a new major trait, rather than force-feeding it as a minor trait, so it's an opt-in feature. The condition traits are bad anyway, so they could easily replaced by this.

As long as I'm forced to have that particle effect, I won't play Virtuoso after EoD released.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Alternatively, Arenanet could simply add that passive Blade generation as a new major trait, rather than force-feeding it as a minor trait, so it's an opt-in feature. The condition traits are bad anyway, so they could easily replaced by this.

As long as I'm forced to have that particle effect, I won't play Virtuoso after EoD released.

Then don't play it.  I actually want the new e-spec to be functional.  Why would you suggest a flat out nerf to a spec thats already really bad? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jables.4659 said:

Then don't play it.  I actually want the new e-spec to be functional.  Why would you suggest a flat out nerf to a spec thats already really bad? 

How about you don't ignore the far superior options I mentioned, which were the first half to what you quoted?

We already know Arenanet has the technology to hide particle effects when weapons are sheathed since the launch of the game. They just need to apply it here.

Changes to major traits would only be a band-aid solution if Arenanet failed to implement already existing code (if they even bother trying to deal with the particle effect).

Edited by Fueki.4753

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

How about you don't ignore the far superior options I mentioned, which were the first half to what you quoted?

I have no problem with Arenanet giving us the option to hide the blades.  I have a problem with the suggestion that I quoted and responded to. 

You know, thinking about it, the blades are probably always visible as another form of "counterplay" for Mesmer shatters. I doubt they'll ever make them hidden.

If they did, you'd instantly hear complaints in WvW and PvP saying, " The Virt is hacking, they instantly got 5 blades and hit me for 7k shatter burst. It's OP." Then you'll see even more nerfs to Virtuoso.