Help needed on Holosmith

leechrj.9675

Hello everyone, Lately i've decided to play engineer: Scrapper flamethrower build for fun, and holosmith because proto mode always seemed soooooooo fun.

I've seen few guids and alot of vids on youtube/twitch about holo at pvp, combos, how to use it... but it seems to not work AT ALL, i'm really not a fan of granade build, so i always picked builds that don't use it like: proto holo, burst holo (troll one i'd say) and seems like i can't do enough damage, sometimes i don't even do damage...

Condi users like: condi thief, necros, few mesmers and fire weaver melt me so fast, that i barely can cast 2 skills to attack.
Power users like: Warrior, guardians and rev (beta spec) always burst me or just DON'T DIE.

Using: Berserker amulet, divinity rune with cleanse/energy

Combo: Sword 2 > Holo ultimate > Sword 3 > Proto mode > Skill 5 > Skill 3 > Skill 4 and i'm dead, or trying to survive with elixirs, any advice or maybe a guide? 

I'm a Holo main and play mostly PVP. I'll try to help you a bit.

1. When starting with Engi, you can try the marauder Amulet instead of Berserker (It's better to do less damage than none)
2. Engi doesn't have a ton of condi cleanse. So, wait until you get "condi brusted" and swap weapons to cleanse them.
3. Start your rotation with Corona Burst. PVP doesn't have a clear cut rotation but I'd say...  --- >Corona Burst > Holo Leap (For Super Speed) > Photon Blitz/Holographic Shockwave > Prime Light Beam (Use it after the shockwave and above 50% heat) > Sword 3 > Sword 2.
4. Try to combo your CC whenever possible. Holographic Shockwave > Prime Light Beam > Shield 4 (I like to save shield 4 and 5 to protect myself but you can use them when you feel save to do )
5. You can use the Toolbelt Healing Elixir BEFORE engaging in a fight (it will sustaining you for a bit)

Let me know how it goes. And remember to have fun 😀

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Enxadachim.9450 said:

I'm a Holo main and play mostly PVP. I'll try to help you a bit.

1. When starting with Engi, you can try the marauder Amulet instead of Berserker (It's better to do less damage than none)
2. Engi doesn't have a ton of condi cleanse. So, wait until you get "condi brusted" and swap weapons to cleanse them.
3. Start your rotation with Corona Burst. PVP doesn't have a clear cut rotation but I'd say...  --- >Corona Burst > Holo Leap (For Super Speed) > Photon Blitz/Holographic Shockwave > Prime Light Beam (Use it after the shockwave and above 50% heat) > Sword 3 > Sword 2.
4. Try to combo your CC whenever possible. Holographic Shockwave > Prime Light Beam > Shield 4 (I like to save shield 4 and 5 to protect myself but you can use them when you feel save to do )
5. You can use the Toolbelt Healing Elixir BEFORE engaging in a fight (it will sustaining you for a bit)

Let me know how it goes. And remember to have fun 😀

I just wanted ask you one more thing, sword skills 1-3 can actually deal damage? i feel like i can't count on it to finish someone most of time