How is this still happening?

Lacdanon.1483

they could be intentionally dodging another 1600+ duo, but this happens from time to time cuz matchmaking algorithm is scuffed

I think match making could start at 50 rating gap, every 5 mins or so add another 50, so at least ppl in the base of pyramid would have better matches and not quitting after getting matches they can't win 3 times in a row

when this happens you HAVE TO dodge this ppl in order to get a better match, specially at the rating you at, you prolly were the best or second best player in your team, in some rare cases you actually get players in your team that could match their duo, but the standard is gg go next cuz you lost before it started and you likely to be matched against them again.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lacdanon.1483 said:

This particular match was only a 2 minute que which makes it even worse 

in fact as the population goes lower and lower it'll actually get worse, i think we'll have a slightly better state at first couple month after EoD release, if they do nothing about it, by 2022 july pvp will be prolly dead after all new comers gone

1 hour ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

they could be intentionally dodging another 1600+ duo, but this happens from time to time cuz matchmaking algorithm is scuffed

I think match making could start at 50 rating gap, every 5 mins or so add another 50, so at least ppl in the base of pyramid would have better matches and not quitting after getting matches they can't win 3 times in a row

when this happens you HAVE TO dodge this ppl in order to get a better match, specially at the rating you at, you prolly were the best or second best player in your team, in some rare cases you actually get players in your team that could match their duo, but the standard is gg go next cuz you lost before it started and you likely to be matched against them again.

I would rather not want to wait over 30 minutes for one match, which is a queue time your suggestion would be guaranteed to cause at times with less players queueing.

1 hour ago, Lacdanon.1483 said:

This particular match was only a 2 minute que which makes it even worse 

Then you are luckily that your queue time was rather short and the rating difference was not too big.

I regularly have matches that contain platinum, gold and silver players, which is a  bigger difference than your 300 mentioned points.

Edited by Fueki.4753

1 minute ago, The Fear.3865 said:

2 minutes for you 😉

Remember, if you just q and insta join a game, you should leave, because the 9 others were probably waiting for you the last 5 mins+

i guess my question would be why am i pulled into a match with players so far above my skill level?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lacdanon.1483 said:

i guess my question would be why am i pulled into a match with players so far above my skill level?

First post already answered. 

8 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Due to the low amount of players in sPvP, the match maker has to constantly increase the difference between ratings to be able to fill a match with 10 players.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 6:24 PM, Lacdanon.1483 said:

okey.. so! Basically it tries to create an overall "even" match for both teams... so Say theres only 2 1700's Qing    Then the game will be like oh... well we gotta even this out so it will put 3 1200 on their team with them and 5 1400's on the other team and then the balance gods say "Balance achieved." since both teams equal 7000 total rating.     The other reason this happens is due to how parties work... If your 2000, and your friend is 1000 it Q's you both as 1500. Dispite both of you having the skill level of 2000 and 1 person just being on an alt. 

In summary, there's no real way to fix this, just gonna get random horrible matches sorry >.< 

On 12/5/2021 at 8:14 AM, Lacdanon.1483 said:

That is his alt account which is lower than the won in the picture