Specter Elite vs Vindicator Dodge

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Speaking from a Charr toon, I noticed the Specter Elite well skill has the same jump animation as the Vindicator dodge. The Specter even does the weapon twirl at the end.  Talk about being a thief!  I protest this.  If this is going to happen then give us at least our mist trail from our core dodge while we jump up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anonynja.3172 said:

Hopefully unique animations do get made before EoD launch. The revenant has such a cool visual theme with the Mists. It's totally reasonable not to have all that done during betas - testing gameplay fundamentals was a good priority, and we saw major improvements between beta rounds. 

Hahahahahahaha. New player?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Anonynja.3172 said:

Hopefully unique animations do get made before EoD launch. The revenant has such a cool visual theme with the Mists. It's totally reasonable not to have all that done during betas - testing gameplay fundamentals was a good priority, and we saw major improvements between beta rounds. 

I hope so but that would be the first time. 

They never changed animations from pof/hot betas. Except maybe Renegade charrs, but they just changed the shaders, not the actual animations. 

We must let them know it's an issue currently. I'm not saying Vindicator should be like Firebrand or Virtuoso having 10+ flashy animations and effects, but there must be a middle ground. Again, it currently has 8 skills sharing 2 animations total. And they're not even good animations.

Edited by Kidel.2057
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only original theme from the spec is the audio design (which I like), but in terms of animations is a full copy & paste of Ranger and Necro skills which have been there for ages. This what happens when you plan to not release new expansions and then 180º turn on the fly against the chrono.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I suppose spear of Archamorus and urn of st. Viktor are the only unique original animations on vindicator. I’m somewhat sympathetic to the GS not having a bunch of original animations because any unique animations added to GS would have required also going back and adding new unique animations to Exordium. However in light of that, there should have been more variety in the reused animations on GS, GS3 at least should have probably been lifted from the gs leap on guardian for instance, and maybe the flip on GS4 should just be a single 360degree spin lifted from guardian gs3 as opposed to another conical attack (which would also make it more useful and dangerous in all game modes). Also it would be nice to see some more original and unique animations in legendary alliance stance.

• Thanks 1