Harbinger Discussion

Doragon.3514

Hello everyone!

I wanted to take the chance to talk about harbinger, this won't be a rant or anything like that.

However, I have taken Harbinger for a few runs of PvP. Overall, the class is a good condi spec and a good play style.

The major setback is the shroud mechanic itself. I feel like there is more work to be done on this.

The idea behind Shroud in the past was that it's a second health bar and a panic button for many near death, which made the lack or the little amount of defensive boons for Necro not that big of a problem, in fact, most don't mind that because there is shroud as protection and massive offensive skills that will end you quickly before you can deplete the Necro's shroud health.

Now, Harbinger was decided to be the opposite of that. Your shroud, still with deadly skills that can kill an enemy quickly, now no longer protects you, in fact, it harms you while you stay in it. 

You take direct damage from your enemy attacks plus damage over time from being in shroud.

Here is what bothers me. Now, of all times, Necro should be able to access more defensive boons and skills.

In a PvP match, everyone knows that your shroud health is no longer there, focus will end you quickly. Add to that many Necro players still adjusting to the fact that shroud doesn't protect you after years of playing like that, muscles memory is real I tell you.

My suggestion would have been, instead of pulsing auras of condis, maybe a pulsing Regen or a pulsing protec.

Elixirs could provide those too.

Or maybe an even wilder suggestion is give the utility bar back in shroud.

My reason being, Druid and holosmith work the same way, Photon forge is just like Harbinger shroud, yet they can still use 6-0 skills.

I like the class, don't get me wrong, but I am just pointing out what I see wrong.

You guys can correct me if I am wrong and share your ideas with me.

• Like 1

I agree 100% with this assessment "Now, Harbinger was decided to be the opposite of that. Your shroud, still with deadly skills that can kill an enemy quickly, now no longer protects you, in fact, it harms you while you stay in it. "

I think it would have been a good mechanic to consume 1 stack of blight for 1% DS increase per interval (or 1 stack of a boon) while in Harbinger shroud or something. It gives you a reason to build blight and then a way to rid yourself of it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...