the spanish inquisition

MarkoGold.7126

They probably don't have all the sorting categories running, since you know technically still the first beta test of the system. Pretty sure they said somewhere for EU they were going to sort by language too.

Dunno why people acting like this is the first beta is the final finished implementation of the system, still a bunch of testing to do.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

They probably don't have all the sorting categories running, since you know technically still the first beta test of the system. Pretty sure they said somewhere for EU they were going to sort by language too.

Dunno why people acting like this is the first beta is the final finished implementation of the system, still a bunch of testing to do.

We act like this because when you throw me into a server full of Spanish speaking people there is no way I'll stay there since neither do I speak nor do I understand the language. I'll quit WvW and therefore I won't experience ANet's "vision" of WvW restructuring. Consequently, I won't be able of providing any feedback whatsoever.

3 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

but no yeah hey why am grouped with the spanish speaking people in wvw in this beta, i dont speak it i dont care about it, just let me click an english only button so i can group with english speaking players.

I am thrown in a server with Spanish speaking players as well, unable to understand a single word. I'm quitting WvW for now.

Edited by Neurion.4086
  • Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Well…

considering the ‘link beta’ is still ongoing…. 

Links have been out of beta for 5 years.

"Temporary solution" that's still ongoing is more appropriate to state.

It's a freaking test, people take this stuff too kitten serious.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, asterix.9614 said:

I am stuck with German people, they all speak the language and refuse to use the % sign. Why??? I am giving up on wvw for now....

A good time for you to learn some other languages. Why not? 😁

And what is with %? 

Edited by Grebcol.5984
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

They specifically said the sorting would be disabled during the beta. The only variables currently taken into account are your region and your guild.

Click the sprocket on your chat box and select "Show Only English", then only those playing on the English client will have their text displayed to you, which should eliminate alot of it.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Started playing Elyon a while ago bcz anet keeps failing class balancing issues imo .. the world chat there often is in different languages but this is fine.. no one complaining because of it.. if there is pvp events going on we communicate in english .. done.. no problem.. seems a player made problem created by some individuals refusing to adapt even a little bit.. wtf gw2 stubborn punkz.. just play together and stop complaining ?!

Me german native so.. sorry if written bad somehow.. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, kafka.1657 said:

Given that over 70% of the world's Spanish speakers are in the western hemisphere, I wonder how many players will be jumping from EU to NA after Baruch Bay is gone.

They will probably stay on EU as they enjoy their time zone EU night cap numbers advantage too much which they still have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Nidome.1365 said:

They will probably stay on EU as they enjoy their time zone EU night cap numbers advantage too much which they still have.

True, some players definitely enjoy night capping more than a low ping.  And by that same argument we might also see some German and French speakers migrate to NA.

Edited by kafka.1657

17 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

I do not know if that would be a good or bad thing for the remaining EU servers.  😎

It would be great if a population shift allowed Europe to get reduced from 5 tiers down to 4.  EU and NA could then have properly synchronized round-robin tournament schedules like they wanted to do ~8 years ago. 

On 12/3/2021 at 11:30 PM, Grebcol.5984 said:

A good time for you to learn some other languages. Why not? 😁

And what is with %? 

by that logic u have to learn german, french, spanish/portugese/brazil variants, because they all fail to use english way too often.

esp for germans i can only wonder, bc our people learn pretty solid quality english in school, normally. probably same with the other countries, though i can only speak for germans there 😛

• Like 1