WvW World Restructuring Update – December 3, 2021

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi all,

We’re pleased to report that WvW World Restructuring was successfully enabled on European servers at 10AM Pacific (UTC-8) this morning.

We've identified three issues with World Restructuring so far, and as of right now we feel comfortable leaving the feature enabled while we investigate and we still plan to enable it for North American players at their reset later today. These tests are the best way for us to identify edge cases with the system, so the next week is going to be invaluable for the long-term effort of World Restructuring. Thank you for your patience and assistance! 

Now, onto the issues.

First, we’re investigating an issue that caused a small number of players (about 1400 in EU, 900 in NA) to be placed on the incorrect Team. This is the top issue the team is looking into right now and we have a few solid leads on the root cause. We'll provide an update as soon as we're able to.

Second, there's a visual bug that’s causing the WvW menu (and other related UI such as objective markers) to show incorrect team names or ownership. Again, this is purely visual and doesn’t relate to your actual Team placement. To verify which team you’ve been assigned to, navigate to the World Restructuring panel in the WvW menu and review your “Currently Assigned Team”. We’re still investigating the root cause of this issue, but a relog or map change may resolve the problem for you in the short-term. As a reminder, to be matchmade with your WvW guild of choice, you were required to select a guild from the World Restructuring menu prior to 11:59PM Pacific (UTC-8) on December 2. Any selections made after this point were not factored into matchmaking.

The third issue is that players will receive a vague “access denied” message when attempting to join World vs World if they weren’t assigned a team. This could occur if they didn’t select a WvW guild prior to last night’s deadline or if they hadn’t played WvW in the past 30 days. To resolve this, open the WvW panel, navigate to the World Restructuring panel, and select a Team. You should be able to join properly after this.

If you’re experiencing issues with the system, please respond back to this thread with the following information:
•    Your assigned team (find this information in the World Restructuring - BETA menu):
•    Your original home shard (example: Gandara, Blackgate)
•    The name of the WvW guild you selected in the World Restructuring menu and if it was selected before last night’s deadline:
•    A description of the issue:

As a reminder, the World Restructuring system is still early in its development. There are a lot of features we’d like to add (including Alliances), but those will come once we’ve solidified the foundations of the system. For an overview of our plans, please see this blog post: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-world-restructuring-and-the-future-of-world-vs-world/

World Restructuring beta will end at the next reset on December 10.

Thanks all. We’ll continue to give updates as we have more information.

-    The Guild Wars 2 Team

• Like 21
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 1

Hi,

I'm playing on riverside.

I selected the guild "Rising River [Side]" as my guild for wvw alliances. It was selected since a few days ago but I have to mention that it was preselected from the previous beta attempt.

It says, that [Side] is on "Titan's Staircase" while I got assigned to "Fortune's Vale".

Best of luck on the bug hunt

Grimaldus

Edited by Grimaldus.2519

•    My assigned Team in wvw panel is Titans Staircase which is correct
•    Riverside
•    Rising River (Side), it was automatically selected after you put in the interface for changing it again. I do NOT deselect it, and select it again before the deadline
•    Instead of Fortunes Vale(which seems to be the correct Team for my alliance) , i'm in Team  Skritsburg (as far as i remember this is the same Team from last beta?)

Relog or changing map doesn't fix the issue

Edited by Worrbinpike.2957

•    Assigned team: Silent Woods
•    Your original home shard: Miller's Sound
•    The name of the WvW guild you selected in the World Restructuring menu and if it was selected before last
     night’s deadline:
     Big European Telephone Alliance [Beta]; selected on Tuesday
     Not matched in the selected Alliance Guild, which would have been First Haven.

I have a main guild that I always represent - my 1-man guild. That had a name next to it in the beta/guild selection window.
DIdn't select any guild there and got assigned to another team. (So my main guild that only contained me probably was assigned to another team - but with 0 players since I did not chose the guild for WvW.)

I had 2 display/UI bugs: Map selection showed server names with the team my main guild got assigned to. Other stuff in the UI showed the correct names when I joined the first map/first time after this reset and beta got enabled. The other bug was: In the borderlands where I joined the map showed different (enemy) color for some owned objectives. (Instead of my team's color.) And it showed names of my main 1-man guild's team. Not the "assigned team".

After queue for EBG popped up this was fixed though. Everywhere the correct name (assigned team) + the correct colors for owned objectives on the borderlands that I left. No changes in chat (same people in team chat) - so I was on the correct map before (borderlands) - only wrong team name shown. This probably also affected the bug with wrong team color on the map/objective.

Edited by Luthan.5236

•    Your assigned team: Silent Woods
•    Your original home shard: Fissure of Woe
•    The name of the WvW guild selected: Pierre Union [PU] (before deadline)
•    A description of the issue: Placed on Silent Woods instead of Griffonfall

Good luck!

Edited by TwanBr.8340

If you’re experiencing issues with the system, please respond back to this thread with the following information:
•    Your assigned team : Silent Woods
•    Your original home shard: Kodash
•    The name of the WvW guild you selected in the World Restructuring menu and if it was selected before last night’s deadline: Team Kodash - Kdsh
•    A description of the issue:  Placed on Silent woods instead of Griffonfall

•    Your assigned team: Grenth's Door
•    Your original home shard: Gunnar's Hold
•    The name of the WvW guild you selected: Crimson Razor Warband [CRW] (selected on day 1)
•    A description of the issue: Placed in wrong team despite choosing my guild that got assigned to First Heaven

• Zugewiesenes Team: Riesenanhöhne
• Ihr ursprünglicher Home-Shard:Weissflankgrad
• Der Name der WvW-Gilde, die Sie im World Restructuring-Menü ausgewählt haben, und falls diese vor
     dem Stichtag letzte Nacht ausgewählt wurde :
     Whiteside Ridge Intelligence [WSR]
• Eine Beschreibung des Problems:
     Nicht in der ausgewählten Allianz.Müsste in :Sieben Kiefern sein.                                                                         

• Like 1

My assigned team: Giants rise
 My original home: Desolation
The name of the  WvW guild selected: Cornerstoned [OOF] before dead line.
Selected the guild on thursday, most of the guild ended up on Seven Pines but a few of us got stranded on Giant's rise. Please deport us back. I most like play wvw in gw2 and without my community I only want to quit life.

• Like 1

•    Your assigned team : First Haven
•    Your original home shard : Desolation
•    The name of the WvW guild you selected in the World Restructuring menu and if it was selected before last night’s deadline: Raid Training Initiative (Reaper's Corridor)
•    A description of the issue: Wrong team

Edited by Kawaspresso.8976

•    Your assigned team: Phoenix Dawn
•    The name of the WvW guild selected: Jam Death [JD]
•    A description of the issue: Placed on Phoenix Dawn instead of Moogooloo. I did not select my WvW guild again as it was still ticked. Phoenix Dawn is the assigned team of one of my other guilds, but I guess this could also be coincidence.

•    Your assigned team: Giant's Rise
•    The name of the WvW guild selected: Pierre Union [PU] (before deadline)
•    A description of the issue: Placed on Giant's Rise instead of Griffonfall

•   Your assigned team : Griffonfall
•    Your original home shard: Drakkar Lake
•    The name of the WvW guild you selected in the World Restructuring menu and if it was selected before last night’s deadline: Kingdom of the Grove [KGDM] selected on Wednesday! 
•    A description of the issue:  Placed on Griffonfall instead of Moogooloo

Edited by Janazzle.3562

•    Your assigned team: Fortune's Vale
•    Your original home shard: Desolation 
•    The name of the WvW guild selected

Cornerstoned [OOF]

Placed on Fortune's Vale instead of Seven Pines with the rest of my guild. Selected [OOF] on Wednesday and double checked it was still selected after logout/login, it was. I seem to have been placed with Hardstuck [Hs] from Underworld, which I was also placed with at the last beta attempt.

•    Your assigned team : Fortune's Vale
•    Your original home shard: Piken Square
•    The name of the WvW guild you selected in the World Restructuring menu and if it was selected before last night’s deadline: Wind ôf Death [Wînd]
•    A description of the issue: Placed in Fortune's Vale instead of First Heaven (Some of my other guilds are in Fortune's Vale but not the guild i wanted to join for the beta) selected the guild on Wednesday

I still had the check box in my guild from the last BETA. When it came to the WvW rest came this error that I was not allowed to WvW, only after team selection. I have also played WvW in the last week. Why please was not said that you should set the check box again? Does it mean that now just because I left the hook in it can not play with my guild? What is this crap?

Edited by Gao.1573

•    Assigned team: Reaper's Corridor
•    Your original home shard: Gunnar's Hold
•    The name of the WvW guild selected: Constant Pressure [PUSH]
•    A description of the issue: I've been placed in the aforementioned assigned team, my guild has been placed in Moogooloo. Guild is ticked and represented both in the guild panel and the World Restructuring panel since Tuesday.