WvW World Restructuring Update – December 3, 2021

•    Assigned team: Thornwatch
•    Your original home shard: Stormbluff Isle
•    The name of the WvW guild selected: Centaurs For Disease Control [CDC]
•    A description of the issue: I was assigned to the wrong team despite having checked the mark for my guild yesterday. My guild is assigned to Titan's Staircase.

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey everyone,

A quick update.

In our last post, we mentioned we were investigating an issue that caused roughly 2400 players to be assigned to the wrong Team. We just pushed a change that should reassign those individuals to the proper WvW Guild and team for both NA and EU. You will need to log out to character select for this to take effect. Note: if you weren't assigned to the proper team because you selected your WvW guild AFTER the Dec 2 guild selection deadline, this change will not benefit you. This only fixes players that were in the glitched state. If you're still on the wrong team after relogging and you're 100% sure you selected your team prior to the Dec 2 deadline, please continue to report the issue below.

FYI - the source of truth for knowing which Team you're assigned to is shown in the attached image. The main WvW panel should not be trusted because of the visual bug that I mentioned in the original post. If your "currently assigned team" matches the team your guild was assigned to, you likely just need to fully relog to be properly placed.

thetruth.png

Edited by Josh Davis.7865
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

•    Your assigned team (find this information in the World Restructuring - BETA menu): Stonefall
•    Your original home shard (example: Gandara, Blackgate) Isle of Janthir
•    The name of the WvW guild you selected in the World Restructuring menu and if it was selected before last night’s deadline: Cafe Solidarity [CAFE], selected before the first beta and left unchanged.
•    A description of the issue:
When I logged in right after the NA reset I was blue as were Skrittsburgh and Stonefall Alpine Borderlands. Then about 15 minutes or so after the reset, @Josh Davis.7865 announced another reset. When I got back in after the second reset, I was red, as was Reaper's Corridor. My team still showed as Stonefall though, and I couldn't see the names of any of the Reaper's Corridor's players, now on my side. All I could see was Reaper's Corridor and their WvW rank as though they were enemies. There were random map glitches too. At one point another color had taken our EBG garrison but it still showed as red even though it wasn't and we had to retake it. I didn't see any of my guildmates so don't know if we were on the same team or not. One guildie reported in our guild Discord that he had killed a guild member so apparently at least a couple of us were put on opposing sides, though I don't know any details. We will be running a guild WvW event on Saturday evening eastern time so we'll see then if those who chose Cafe were assigned to the same team or not.

Edited by Chichimec.9364

Assigned team: Giants Rise

Original home: Darkhaven

Issue: Half our guild was in queue all night once queue popped, were kicked back into queue. Which max queue was 30s. Happened to over 6-7 people and they had to log out because they gave up since it happened 3 or 4 times. All maps currently are still queued. Not sure if our alliance has too many people/guilds on it but you can’t even swap maps to help when needed. Or swap characters. Totally unusual for our server to have queue all night Friday. 

Your assigned team :                         Moogooloo
•    Your original home shard:           Darkhaven
•    The name of the WvW guild you selected in the World Restructuring  Darkhaven United (DHU)
•    A description of the issue:          Got placed into the wrong team. I landed on Moogooloo instead of Dragon's Claw

Edited by Dozer.6031

• Assigned team: First Haven
• Your original home shard: Anvil Rock
• The name of the WvW guild selected: Top Knocks [TKx]
A description of the issue: I was assigned to the wrong team despite having checked the mark for my guild yesterday. My guild is assigned to Seven Pines. I was assigned to First Haven.

Edited by Darktydus.8931

•    Assigned team: Seven Pines
•    Your original home shard: Yak's Bend
•    The name of the WvW guild selected: BANE
•    A description of the issue: When my que would pop for a borderland I would press accept on the action window that popped up and it would instantly send me to the back of the que. This happened twice.

•    Your assigned team: Seven Pines
•    Your original home shard: Ehmry Bay

•    The name of the WvW guild you selected in the World Restructuring menu and if it was selected before last night’s deadline:

The Kingdom [KING], selected way before deadline.

•    A description of the issue:

[KING] placed in Skrittsburg while I'm placed in Seven Pines, WvW restart did not fix it.

• Your assigned team: Giant's Rise

• Your original home shard: Sea of Sorrow

• The name of the WvW guild selected: A Rose Wearing SoX [RoX]

• A description of the issue: Placed on instead of Titan's Staircase

Edited by HaNi.6321

•    Assigned team: Giant's Rise 
•    shard: Henge of Denravi 
•    The name of the WvW guild you selected in the World Restructuring menu and if it was selected before last night’s deadline: Fresh Princes of Hyrule [LINK] Was selected before deadline. 
•    A description of the issue: My whole guild selected before the deadline as we were really excited for the update. We are all placed in separate teams. :( 

First off, my son, my wife, and I all paid to switch servers less than 2 weeks ago. We didn't know this was going to happen and wanted to be able to run around WvW together. Anet taking people's money to switch servers knowing full well that the concept of servers would shortly be obsolete is quite literally a criminal move.  Moving on - after suffering through the queue setting us backwards in the queue, resetting several times, we finally got in. The first thing we notice is that although we are enemies, we are still in a party and can see each other on the map. How stupid is that? Sabotage has now been made extremely easy to do. The entire concept and functionality of WvW is completely broken. There is no longer any point in WvW even existing. Why put time into battling against members of your own guild and server? It's pointless. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Vidit.7108 said:

You assigned team: Moogooloo
Home Shard: Maguuma

WvW guild: Debauchery Tea Pârty [Tea]

A description of the issue: I waited until well after reset to check my WvW assignment (about 6:45 pm) It wasn't showing me as belonging to a team. I definitely selected my guild before the deadline. WvW menu said i needed to join my team. I clicked the join team button and it did not place me with my guild. 

Unchanged, My guilds have all had their team's changed since i made this post though.

• Assigned team: Giant's Rise
  • Your original home shard: Darkhaven
  • The name of the WvW guild: Fur Eternal [FurE]
  • A description of the issue: I clicked the tick mark to join my guild about 20 minutes before the beta launched, then when it asked me to pick a team to join, I picked the same one as was listed to have been the one my guild was assigned, which was Griffonfall. I didn't immediately start playing on the servers, and when I came back at a later point in time, I found that my assigned team had been swapped to Giant's Rise
  • Haha 1

You really  should allow people to move team at least one time. A lots of people didn't understood correctly and are now f*** up playing without their friend in all the guild i'm in. That really frustrating and not fun at all. 

That happened to my brother, he comed back to the game like 1 week ago, We used to do wvw together past prime, he logged on without me, wasn't there for speakiing to him about change, he just logged in etenerl battlfield and got randomly put in a team. nothing advvertised him of the change, just a click, loading screen and he was in wvw and now we can't  play together the wool week great. 

Edited by Baras.8673
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

•    Your assigned team: Moogooloo
•    Your original home shard: Kaineng
•    The name of the WvW guild you selected in the World Restructuring menu: Wtb Swole Norn [Men]
•    I was put on Moogooloo when I should've been on Giant's Rise with my friends. I won't even be able to enjoy WvW without them so that's pretty much dead to me for the week.

•    Your assigned team (find this information in the World Restructuring - BETA menu): Skrittsburgh
•    Your original home shard (example: Gandara, Blackgate) Ehmery Bay
•    The name of the WvW guild you selected in the World Restructuring menu and if it was selected before last night’s deadline: King guild was selected
•    A description of the issue: My menu tells me that King was assigned to Skrittsburgh when they were actually assigned to a different one.

Believe it or not, not everyone reads the forums daily. I play wvw for a few hours every week, never any mention of it. Besides, is it really the responsibility of the players to make sure Anet's news gets spread around in map chat? Something this big, Anet could have sent an email, it doesn't only affect the hard-core dorks like yourself who read mmorpg blogs or whatever. You say it's only for a week, but clearly the intent of any beta is to go permanent. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

Was literally announced 2 weeks ago on the forums, and news sites picked up on it. If you're a regular in WvW, you would have heard about it. They also announced it several times in their live streams. Regardless, it's just for a week. Suck it up.

that should be advertised on the game menue before going to wvw. The wvw is not just for 'elitist' player but also for some casual player. like a big change like this should be announced in the game menu. And honestly a lots of people do not listen to forum or even live stream and they should also be advertised of a important change like this correctly.

in the end same i'm a old player that just play with my brother i will play other game for the week 😃 great change arenan net. 

Edited by Baras.8673
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dr Vymula.6489 said:

Believe it or not, not everyone reads the forums daily. I play wvw for a few hours every week, never any mention of it. Besides, is it really the responsibility of the players to make sure Anet's news gets spread around in map chat? Something this big, Anet could have sent an email, it doesn't only affect the hard-core dorks like yourself who read mmorpg blogs or whatever. You say it's only for a week, but clearly the intent of any beta is to go permanent. 

Agreed. I legit had zero knowledge this was happening until right before the deadline and when I was finally able to tell my friends to select the guild it was past their deadline, so they might or might not have made it, I don't know yet. But I didn't, so it doesn't matter, we're split to some extent. I only even found out because someone happened to mention it in VC.

• Like 2