Aurene weapons too flashy

At least from the greatsword preview, the Zhaitan-coloured variants seem to have less (or at least less flashy) particle effects.

I hope they will actually turn out that way. But I agree that the other variants are too shiny.

Arenanet should consider adding a seizure warning to the game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

At least from the greatsword preview, the Zhaitan-coloured variants seem to have less (or at least less flashy) particle effects.

I hope they will actually turn out that way. But I agree that the other variants are too shiny.

Just an FYI: There's already a seizure warning for the game.  https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/ncsoft/user-agreement

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, WaveIn.4091 said:

In my opinion, as a person with very frequent seizures triggered by strobing lights, the game does not need a seizure warning in comparison to other MMORPGS 

to clarify my perspective: I find GW2 to be less of a problem than TV or shows in theaters for example. It’s really very considerate of my concerns. 

EVERY game needs a seizure warning... just because you "only" get a few seizures per year, doesn't mean there shouldn't b warning.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 12/5/2021 at 2:56 PM, Mortifera.6138 said:

EVERY game needs a seizure warning... just because you "only" get a few seizures per year, doesn't mean there shouldn't b warning.

I have about one seizure a week and sometimes multiple a day. GW2 rarely triggers one. Maybe 2-3 times this year and less than 10 times (5 times?) ever in my 6 years of playing. 

I have PNES seizures rather than epilepsy for someone trying to debug this, with many physical triggers and some less physical triggers including strobing lights, cold, sleep deprivation, exercise, as well as stress. They are not a medication reaction (nor lack of medication). I’m treated by meds that are also used for seizures, though they have dual uses for other issues I have (including for migraines, anxiety, and allergies). They obviously don’t work well anymore, though they did between 2011 and 2015. My first three months of seizures was worse than now. I’m told that unlike epilepsy, I’m safe and the seizures don’t do damage  

The glow is great! It doesn’t need fixing for my benefit. Strobing lights are not wonderful but I’m fine. I’ll avoid them. 

edited due to random theorizing 

Edited by WaveIn.4091

1 hour ago, WaveIn.4091 said:

I have about one seizure a week and sometimes multiple a day. GW2 rarely triggers one. Maybe 2-3 times this year and less than 10 times (5 times?) ever in my 6 years of playing. My seizures have generally speaking been getting worse so I think the change is in me, not the game. 

Edit: FInal Fantasy 14 and The Elder Scrolls Online cause seizures literally every time I play. I wasted a whole summer trying to make them work, and it was miserable. I had fun until level 59 with FF14 but after that it’s unplayable. TESO is unplayable from the start. 

Edit: I get about 1-2 hours out of some tv shows and very few movies. I can’t binge watch. some plays are okay but some have strobes or swinging spotlights. Same with concerts 

Edit: exercise triggers seizures. More than about 15 min on the treadmill. 

cold weather triggers seizures. If I start to feel really chilly, even indoors. 

stress triggers seizures. For that reason I work part time with flexible hours. I also don’t play WvW more than a few minutes at a time 

I have psychogenic non epileptic seizures so the pattern may not be identical to epilepsy. But don’t downgrade the graphics for me!!!!! Please!!!

again, just bc u get fewer seizures, doesn't mean there shouldn't be a seizure warning...

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

It already has one, and that doesn’t concern me because it is not a problem for me. In the context where the original concern was brought up, I believe someone was claiming that gamma or glow worsens seizures. I do not believe so. I believe it is specifically rhythmic, strobing or flickering lights. I don’t think there’s any need to eliminate gamma, glow, or contrast on behalf of people who have seizures. Make your argument on some other basis please. 

Edited by WaveIn.4091
Adding quotes just figured out how

On 12/4/2021 at 9:42 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

1 hour ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

again, just bc u get fewer seizures, doesn't mean there shouldn't be a seizure warning...

On 12/4/2021 at 12:23 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Just an FYI: There's already a seizure warning for the game.  https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/ncsoft/user-agreement

4 minutes ago, WaveIn.4091 said:

It already has one, and that doesn’t concern me because it is not a problem for me. In the context where the original concern was brought up, I believe someone was claiming that gamma or glow worsens seizures. I do not believe so. I believe it is specifically rhythmic, strobing or flickering lights. I don’t think there’s any need to eliminate gamma, glow, or contrast on behalf of people who have seizures. Make your argument on some other basis please. 

This was supposed to be included in the last post. 

Edited by WaveIn.4091

6 minutes ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

This thread is about graphics. It has a seizure warning. That’s a fact. In my opinion I’d recommend GW2 to someone with seizures over other MMORPGS and probably over rock concerts and some TV or movies as well. That was my whole point. Perhaps I phrased it badly. In a world where people do choose to have entertainment and lead an interesting life rather than sitting in isolation and doing nothing, I think GW2 is a RELATIVELY safe choice. I take no serious issue with the status quo where it has a seizure warning. But I don’t think it needs a stronger warning either. And I don’t think the graphics are by and large a danger. MKe your anti glow arguments on some other basis. 

Edited by WaveIn.4091
  • Like 1

Hey I just took a second look. That sheathing and unsheathing flash is brighter and more sudden than I remembered. It’s absolutely stunning, but I can see why you’d say it might cause seizures. I’m sorry. I don’t know how it will effect me or others. Or those with migraines. It’s bright (and beautiful). Ideally sheathing and unsheathing shouldn’t occur over and over again in a pattern but should only be one flash at a time. That’s not too bad for me but I’m not sure about other people. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1