Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Lack of content reveals due to "spoilers" is starting to feel like an excuse.


Recommended Posts

It could be argued that the way they set up the previous expansions wasn't good for new players just starting the game because of the expansion.

 

They have showed that they want this expansion to be able to be played by a brand new player as well as long returning platers, they have a literal basic game mechanics tutorial area in shing jae.

The previous 2 expansions from the perspective of a new player pretty much just throws you immediately into a situation you would know nothing about unless you played through everything leading up to that point prior, which a new player just starting the game would not have done.

If they make it so that the actual beginning of the cantha arc starts with the very first story mission in the expansion rather than being built up in previously released content then it makes it much easier to follow along for a new/returning player just picking up the game and going straight into the brand new content.

There's positives and negatives to both approaches

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I could buy it when you told us that echovald had stuff removed for spoilers ok, i was skeptical but i also accepted it when you emptied the entire jade sea map but its getting silly at this point.

Did you all forget the lead up to HoT and PoF?   They have shown WAY more of EoD than they ever showed of the 2 previous expansions before release  For HoT and PoF we only got to see li

I believe the content is there, but their “spoiler-free” policy is reaching far past the point of absurdity now. A new customer who doesn’t play the game and doesn’t have any reason to trust Anet has 

47 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

It could be argued that the way they set up the previous expansions wasn't good for new players just starting the game because of the expansion.

 

They have showed that they want this expansion to be able to be played by a brand new player as well as long returning platers, they have a literal basic game mechanics tutorial area in shing jae.

The previous 2 expansions from the perspective of a new player pretty much just throws you immediately into a situation you would know nothing about unless you played through everything leading up to that point prior, which a new player just starting the game would not have done.

If they make it so that the actual beginning of the cantha arc starts with the very first story mission in the expansion rather than being built up in previously released content then it makes it much easier to follow along for a new/returning player just picking up the game and going straight into the brand new content.

There's positives and negatives to both approaches

Fair point. Hadn't thought of it that way.

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Faridah.8431 said:

Yeah but that post made sense and was layed out logically. Yours was a tone of argumentativeness. What can I say.

What's so illogical or hard to understand here:

6 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

New player will play the expansions/story in order, going directly from one to the other. And if they don't, then it makes more sense to have the reason of going to cantha given at the start of EoD, in case they didn't have the previous content

You were just argumentative for the sake of arguing (or, as you've repeatedly put it yourself: "being purposefully obtuse"). The moment someone else rephrased what I said, you're all "oh right, didn't think about that" 😆  

Good one.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

What's so illogical or hard to understand here:

You were just argumentative for the sake of arguing. The moment someone else rephrased what I said, you're all "oh right, didn't think about that" 😆  

Good one.

Admittedly I stopped reading after I got tired of your tone. Reading what you just quoted, that's fair, so I'll apologize.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Faridah.8431 said:

Admittedly I stopped reading after I got tired of your tone. Reading what you just quoted, that's fair, so I'll apologize.

So you didn't read and kept responding with random stuff you thought I maybe might be writing instead to what I actually wrote and then you've tried claiming I was being the one obtuse here. Let that sink in for a moment.

 

________

Ok, fair, maybe it really was misunderstanding, nothing to add here.   ⬇️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So you didn't read and kept responding with random stuff you thought I maybe might have wrote instead to what I actually wrote and then you've tried claiming I was being the one obtuse here. Let that sink in for a moment.

So I checked back. It was a different part on one of your last posts I didn't read, not this part. Maybe I just misunderstood, or was too tunnel focused. So yeah, fair criticism. I'll bow out in shame as the obtuse one. So again, I apologize. I'll take the L for that one.

Edited by Faridah.8431
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Faridah.8431 said:

Well at this point, my guess is now it will have something to do with dragon jade. 🤷‍♂️

Technically speaking, we don't know yet.

Well, Dragon Jade has certainly existed for a long time now, Jormag's and Primordus' death didn't generate it. We know of Joon, her business partner and the history they share. Dragon Jade isn't a new thing, it must have existed since long before we killed Zhaitan.

My guess is still that they harness it from the Deep Sea Dragon.

 

Back on topic: I am glad we have an idea of what the maps and their population will look like. I prefer the info given to no information at all.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Well, Dragon Jade has certainly existed for a long time now, Jormag's and Primordus' death didn't generate it. We know of Joon, her business partner and the history they share. Dragon Jade isn't a new thing, it must have existed since long before we killed Zhaitan.

My guess is still that they harness it from the Deep Sea Dragon.

To me it seems like dragonjade itself existed and was possibly being powered by DsD and/or Kuunavang's magic, but it got supercharged starting with Zhaitan's death, then adding in the magic of 4 other elder dragons and a god. At this point, which I assume will be at the start of EoD, I'm guessing the dragonjade has become extremely superpowered to the point of becoming extremely unstable, addictive, and/or corruptive (we see bad looking magic emitting from the dragonjade in the Jade Sea trailer).

Regarding spoilers, I don't mind not getting spoiled on the plot (I'm assuming it's probably DsD related stuff that's being cut out, especially in the Jade Sea map) Revealing that kind of info in trailers would ruin the story for players who have been waiting for the DsD reveal for many, many years.

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

It could be argued that the way they set up the previous expansions wasn't good for new players just starting the game because of the expansion.

 

They have showed that they want this expansion to be able to be played by a brand new player as well as long returning platers, they have a literal basic game mechanics tutorial area in shing jae.

The previous 2 expansions from the perspective of a new player pretty much just throws you immediately into a situation you would know nothing about unless you played through everything leading up to that point prior, which a new player just starting the game would not have done.

If they make it so that the actual beginning of the cantha arc starts with the very first story mission in the expansion rather than being built up in previously released content then it makes it much easier to follow along for a new/returning player just picking up the game and going straight into the brand new content.

There's positives and negatives to both approaches

This make me fear we will have another difficulty nerf like when ibs started.

Since Anet have to accomodate new players instead of having them play from core-hot-pof-eod

  • Confused 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Poormany.4507 said:

To me it seems like dragonjade itself existed and was possibly being powered by DsD and/or Kuunavang's magic, but it got supercharged starting with Zhaitan's death, then adding in the magic of 4 other elder dragons and a god. At this point, which I assume will be at the start of EoD, I'm guessing the dragonjade has become extremely superpowered to the point of becoming extremely unstable, addictive, and/or corruptive

Yes, that's my guess, too. 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Well, Dragon Jade has certainly existed for a long time now, Jormag's and Primordus' death didn't generate it. We know of Joon, her business partner and the history they share. Dragon Jade isn't a new thing, it must have existed since long before we killed Zhaitan.

My guess is still that they harness it from the Deep Sea Dragon.

 

That's pretty much my theory as well. Like, Joon is Yara, DsD is Yag-Kosha, the Commander is Conan, and the Jade Sea is The Tower of The Elephant.

PS: Taurus of Nemedia is our dream of playing a Tangu.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh good I'm not the only one annoyed by this.  I thought it was just me honestly.  I wanna see more.  I wanna  events and stuff.  I'm sick of seeing empty maps and getting told what the elites are over and over every time I watch a stream.  They cut so many npcs we can't even see the new armors :/.  Where's my fashion wars Anet!

  • Like 4
  • Confused 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2021 at 2:00 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

We will likely have a playable beta weekend, like with all previous expansions. It's just not time yet, the release is still months away.

lol you sound as if the release is 7 or 8 months in the future. No, it's pretty much out in a bit more than 2 months. I doubt we will be able to play in the new map. We could play verdant brink and parts of crystal oasis like 5 or 6 months before release. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's true, I expected something like opening the Dominion of Winds helping the tengu after 10 years and then helping then leading to cantha.

But then again you still can't go through the door in ebonhawke which leads to the crystal desert... Anet is just not a master of immersion and world connection. Other games do this soooo much better. It's missed opportunities. The maps itself are so well designed but connecting the dots in a meaningful manner isn't their strength.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

lol you sound as if the release is 7 or 8 months in the future. No, it's pretty much out in a bit more than 2 months. I doubt we will be able to play in the new map. We could play verdant brink and parts of crystal oasis like 5 or 6 months before release. 

Path of Fire betas - BWE 1 Aug. 11, 2017  BWE 2 Aug. 18, 2017 Path of Fire release Sept. 22, 2017

Heart of Thorns betas - BWE 1 Aug. 7-10, 2015 BWE 2 Sept. 4-6, 2015 BWE 2 Oct. 2-4, 2015 Heart of Thorns release Oct. 23, 2015

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
Too sleepy, I guess...lol
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Path of Fire betas - BWE 1 Aug. 11, 2017  BWE 2 Aug. 18, 2017 Path of Fire release Sept. 22, 2017

Heart of Fire betas - BWE 1 Aug. 7-10, 2015 BWE 2 Sept. 4-6, 2015 BWE 2 Oct. 2-4, 2015 Heart of Fire release Oct. 23, 2015

Don't you mean Path of Thorns? 😁

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

lol you sound as if the release is 7 or 8 months in the future. No, it's pretty much out in a bit more than 2 months. I doubt we will be able to play in the new map. We could play verdant brink and parts of crystal oasis like 5 or 6 months before release. 

If I recall correctly, the playable Amnoon pre-release weekend was a week or two before release, not months before.

I assume we will get a beta weekend after they've presented Kaineng to us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

It is actually blowing my mind how pessimistic people are and for what?  Like some of you guys need to uninstall this game based on the attitude you have towards it. It literally makes no sense. And the complaints make no kittening sense. Like we all know your sweaty kitten are still gunna be playing this game after EOD releases. kitten already. 
 

Anet has never been a company to share a lot, we all knew this. The marketing has always been meh. We all still play this game. It has had its good moments and it’s bad moments and we still all play this game.  The roadmap leading up to this expansion has already been so much more extensive than so many other games. 
 

Guild wars 2 has been getting better and better with each expac and living world release, aside from the ending of ice brood saga. But just seeing the direction I’ve brood saga was heading makes me excited to play EOD. The way the Metas have evolved. The graphic improvements. The map design. Yea they had to cut it short to go full throttle on EOD development and that literally just makes me more excited for it. If a small team developed ice brood saga like that, I can only imagine what EOD is about to bring. 
 

also, they shared that they have plans beyond EOD. They’re updating the entire engine with dx11. Like they’re going all in on gw2 . And you guys are mad that you don’t get to see a couple meta events?? Legit spoiled player base. The stuff they shared is so much more exciting than gameplay previews. 
 

The sad thing about these forums is that people go on here just to complain because the people who are happy and excited aren’t going to go out of there way to talk about it because they’re satisfied. So these forums just end up festering with the diseased mindset of the pessimistic and people who are never satisfied. Get over yourselves. 

 

  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...