I can't help but feel massively underwhelming by EoD [Merged]

Team's fun with features in Player versus Player, in Guild versus Guild, in World versus World - these got completely forgotten. But hey, we get alliances for WvW somewhere in future.

I think I will skip playing this expansion. Some other nice games are getting released this year.

Edited by Alin.2468
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

On 1/16/2022 at 6:03 AM, Linken.6345 said:

Anet never said no mounts it was players like me who said they were not needed with the numbers of waypoints each map had.

What Anet said was there would be no mounts at release of the base game, thats a very different statement.

Yes they did. I was there when a mod posted on forum to say "Mounts are not a feature, it's not up for a debate, don't even" type responses to stop people from discussing or requesting it. They did the opposite of what they said about 2 years later, kek.

• Confused 4

20 minutes ago, choon.6308 said:

Yes they did. I was there when a mod posted on forum to say "Mounts are not a feature, it's not up for a debate, don't even" type responses to stop people from discussing or requesting it. They did the opposite of what they said about 2 years later, kek.

Please share the post.  All forum threads/post are available since launch.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/

• Thanks 1

Sifting through threads like this make me glad I found GW2 and played it for years prior to picking up GW1.

Coming to GW2 after playing more standard tab-target titles - complete with questionable return on sub values, lack of many QoL features that are baseline in this game, gear treadmill, rapidly obsolesced content, hard-locked playstyle and build choices, etc - I appreciate GW2's great features without the shadow of its predecessor hanging over it.

I'm not throwing shade at GW1 players by any means. I can easily imagine that if there were a GW3 and it was just totally, completely alien in gameplay to GW2, I'd probably be disappointed in every good thing GW2 had that GW3 lacks. I get it.

I'm still not at all hyped about EoD, but just looking forward to have some new things to do. At the very least it's motivated me to pre-farm a bunch more HPs on a lot of my characters, so they'll be able to just insta-buy the new specs on day one. I've also plunged back into ranked pvp to finally farm my last set of legendary armor, to round out my armory. Overall I'd say EoD has succeeded in the pre-launch phase of any xpac: getting someone to engage with the game again in anticipation of new content. I'm hoping EoD will continue to just quietly check off the boxes for me, that'll be more than enough to satisfy me as a consumer. I don't want the game to even try to excite me anymore, just offer a decent enough return for the price.

• Like 3