WvW need a new attribute that counters Crit Damage

Ausar.9542

2 hours ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

Oh yeah please, let's make the invincible blobs even more invincible, i play that Herald Hammer build, and when i'm not inside a blob of my own, all my "super high crit damaging skills" deal like 2k to 5k damage on the main people.

Just 25-33% of those "main people's" HP pools.

So it would take 3-4 Brandons out of 50 to press one button at the same time on the same player to achieve a kill.

Boy, that sure sounds challenging to me.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Why would it have to be a stat? The stat is toughness already. You can use other things to counter incoming crits, such as Weakness, Protection, Aegis, blocking and evasion. Make better use of those and you won't have to rely on the relatively low defense you get from toughness.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 6:50 PM, ASP.8093 said:

Did you forget about the big damage nerf a year ago?

Still enough broken bs out there..  and conditions still not affected by toughness i think? So you get condi bomb and once u run out of cleanse .. good luck

Edited by primatos.5413
Android gone crazy

1 hour ago, primatos.5413 said:

Still enough broken bs out there..  and conditions still not affected by toughness i think? So you get condi bomb and once u run out of cleanse .. good luck

1. What does any of that have to do with the OP's gripes about crit damage?

2. If conditions were affected by Toughness it would just make the worst of the bunker condi builds even stronger. (Decent Power damage builds can't afford a lot of Toughness; full Minstrel zerg support types tend to have tons of cleanse. That leaves Trailblazer condi tanks now being even stronger against enemy condi output.)

3. You're supposed to run out of cleanse eventually if you just keep facetanking the hits.

20 hours ago, subversiontwo.7501 said:

Just 25-33% of those "main people's" HP pools.

So it would take 3-4 Brandons out of 50 to press one button at the same time on the same player to achieve a kill.

Boy, that sure sounds challenging to me.

Yeah, assuming they stand still like a Golem, and are all running Berskerker Gear with Scholar Runes then sure, very easy.

• Like 1

It's crazy to me that people are still complaining about damage these days.  Condition builds have been pushed out of the meta and nerfed due to constant whining on these forums.  If strike damage gets nerfed any further, then only numbers will determine who wins a fight.  The only two professions left with AOE spike damage are Revenant and Elementalist.  The damage nerfs caused Scourge and Guardian AOEs to spread too much now so you can't reliably produce downs unless you run these builds with a coordinated group.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Weapon swap sigils proc independent of which set you swap into/out of. Change one of the Sigil of Vision for a Sigil of Momentum. Take a potion of Karka Toughness. You'll get another 275 toughness that way. Then fight near your own territories only for that sweet Guild Objective Aura for another 100 toughness, and take a full set of toughness infusions.

5k base toughness, 6k if you stunbreak. 

21 minutes ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

There’s already 2 game mechanics to do that, cleanse, and to a lesser degree Resolution.

Cleanse doesn't come close to half condition spam unless you play Elementalist , Ranger or SA Thief. Resolution has been reworked and nerfed.

And it doesn't really matter anyway because we are talking about stats, not mechanics. For crit chance you have toughness and vitality, for condition you have only vitality and it isn't enough, specially in WvW against offtank condition spamers.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

ClEaNsES.

Mkay but strike damage has to deal with blinds, blocks, aegis, dodges, evades... Condi ticks bypass all of that.

No it doesnt because the condi still have to hit.

If you dodge my 25k burn damage blowtorch and effectivly cut the overall damage I can inflict on you by maybe 80% over the next 15s...

Vs

You dodge a 2k autoattack that can follow up with another 2k the next second and every second after that...

2 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

No it doesnt because the condi still have to hit.

If you dodge my 25k burn damage blowtorch and effectivly cut the overall damage I can inflict on you by maybe 80% over the next 15s...

Vs

You dodge a 2k autoattack that can follow up with another 2k the next second and every second after that...

More like dodging an Arc Divider in comparison.

22 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Cleanse doesn't come close to half condition spam unless you play Elementalist , Ranger or SA Thief. Resolution has been reworked and nerfed.

I'm doing fine on my warrior and revenant too,  warrior in particular, with shake it off, mending, cleansing sigils, heck, cleansing sigils exists in wvw, if people don't use them, it's kinda on them.

30 minutes ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

I'm doing fine on my warrior and revenant too,  warrior in particular, with shake it off, mending, cleansing sigils, heck, cleansing sigils exists in wvw, if people don't use them, it's kinda on them.

And then when you've used those tools you end up with the same amount of condi vomit back all over you.

33 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

And then when you've used those tools you end up with the same amount of condi vomit back all over you.

The amount of condi that cleanses doesn't instantly get reapplied unless you stand in plaguelands. And if you stand in plaguelands.. Yeah that's not the cleanses fault.