WvW need a new attribute that counters Crit Damage

Ausar.9542

Crit damage comes from crit chance. You can reduce their chance with an interrupt or something to bust up their attack rate to fit more chances. You might argue that 100% chance to crit modifiers shouldn't be a thing. I wouldn't agree with that on the current game build but I could understand the idea of keeping a chance mechanic an actual chance. 

2 hours ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

I'm doing fine on my warrior and revenant too,  warrior in particular, with shake it off, mending, cleansing sigils, heck, cleansing sigils exists in wvw, if people don't use them, it's kinda on them.

Lol then tell me how can you, as Revenant, cleanse conditions, avoid conditions and put pressure on the enemy over and over. I'm genuinely interested.

• Confused 1

What if Agony Resistance in WvW lowered incoming condition damage and critical damage bonus. 0.1% per point capped at 15% reduction for 150 AR 🤔

Then you could make WvW infusions also give AR.

I was trolling at first but I kinda like this idea...

Edited by Linnael.1069

On 12/8/2021 at 7:12 PM, Telgum.6071 said:

Lol then tell me how can you, as Revenant, cleanse conditions, avoid conditions and put pressure on the enemy over and over. I'm genuinely interested.

Celestial renegade ofcourse. Retribution, Invocation, and Renegade, cleansing on staff and generosity on shortbow. If you’re still having problems you can run anti toxin, but that should be overkill.

19 hours ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

Celestial renegade ofcourse. Retribution, Invocation, and Renegade, cleansing on staff and generosity on shortbow. If you’re still having problems you can run anti toxin, but that should be overkill.

I should've clarified I was asking about the Power Herald perspective... says a lot about the condition OP, fighting condition spam with more condition spam and broken stats (Celestial and Trailblazer)

4 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

I should've clarified I was asking about the Power Herald perspective

A class that is notoriously bad against conditions. If you fight against a lot of conditions then swap to Renegade, Jallis and Shiro stance, heck, can even do power. The problem with herald is that it needs to run Glint, Renegade doesnt need to run Kalla, so you can use dwarf instead, and when paired with Retribution, is very broken, a big condi cleanse combo it just switch staff, switch legendary, 4 condis gone, then pop jallis heal which gives an additional 5 condi cleanse, pop in some alacrity on that and the jallis skill comes off cooldown even faster.

On 12/4/2021 at 12:44 PM, Ausar.9542 said:

The power creep is way too high and only going to get higher as new builds become more crafted.

We need a counter to this increased damage for once. 

I am just borrowing some ideas from what other MMOs did when this issue approached. 

Add a new Stat/Attribute that specifically reduces incoming crit damage. 

The Toughness Stat just isnt good enough to counter the post Vanilla damage spike increase seen from Elite Specs.

No, 95% of people already run around with invincible builds that can perma stealth or insta port across the map. If anything, we need LESS tanky stats.

Delete minstrels, cheerleader specs go against this entire games design and combat system.

It isn't about having conditions, insomuch as it is the quality and the amount.  Often times I'll let several stacks of torment and bleeding sit on me because they don't do a whole lot of damage.  Often times I'll out-regen the condis on me, so having 5 bleeds or so isn't that big of a deal.

Instead of just looking at the indicators and thinking "Oh no, I have conditions," look at it on a per-attack basis.  There's very few attacks that will just swamp you with a bunch of conditions.  Most of them inflict 2-3 stacks of bleeding, one stack of burn, 2 stacks of torment, etc.  If you end up getting smothered by conditions no matter how much you cleanse them, then it means that you're getting a severe beatdown and you are neither avoiding nor counter-pressuring hard enough.  To take an example, the modern Power Herald playstyle is hit-and-run.  They charge you, hit you with a bunch of their DPS skills, then immediately they run away using the superior speed granted to them by all of their traits.  This strategy works: either they're going to kill you before you can apply a ton of conditions to them, or they're avoiding all of your attacks as they LoS and run away.