Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Translation to Brazilian Portuguese


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been playing gw2 for almost a year and I realized that the game has a large population of Brazilian players and a rich history, but due to lack of translation, many of these players don't underst

I fully agree, I have been playing the game for over 3 years and already several Brazilian friends have stopped playing due to the lack of translation into Portuguese (BR). Garena, please consider PT/

Not going to happen OP but brazilians and the russians have been asking for along time.

10 hours ago, Sara Rainner.2407 said:

There is a large community of Brazilians in the game. It would be great if we could count on the translation in our language


Will you pay to have the entire game translated and localized?  Will you also pay for all the voice dialogue to be done in that language as well as all future voice dialogue?  This isn’t free. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:


Will you pay to have the entire game translated and localized?  Will you also pay for all the voice dialogue to be done in that language as well as all future voice dialogue?  This isn’t free. 

 

We don't need voice dialogues in PT-BR, only subtitles. Almost all recent games get PT-BR translations, it's a huge community, not sure why you being so rude.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pimpa.1943 said:

 

We don't need voice dialogues in PT-BR, only subtitles. Almost all recent games get PT-BR translations, it's a huge community, not sure why you being so rude.


There are still costs associated even without voice dialogues. Pointing this out isn’t rude. 

It’s also quite strange though that like 90% of the posts in this thread, all of which support this, are from brand new forum posters. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:


There are still costs associated even without voice dialogues. Pointing this out isn’t rude. 

It’s also quite strange though that like 90% of the posts in this thread, all of which support this, are from brand new forum posters. 

And what do you mean about being weird most posts are from new forum members? If these new members took the trouble to create the forum account, it shows the special interest in this topic about translation.

12 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:


Will you pay to have the entire game translated and localized?  Will you also pay for all the voice dialogue to be done in that language as well as all future voice dialogue?  This isn’t free. 

Of course there are costs, or do Brazilian players have free access to expansions? And by any chance, are you going to pay for the translation? As all Brazilians probably bought the expansions, so I think we are entitled to have something with more quality for our community.

 

6 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Why don't you create and bring up-to-date a Portuguese Wiki, and show the Devs how much interest there really is?

To show interest is it necessary to translate the wiki? I think this topic already shows that.

Edited by Etaiver.9781
Incomplete answer
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Etaiver.9781 said:

And what do you mean about being weird most posts are from new forum members? If these new members took the trouble to create the forum account, it shows the special interest in this topic about translation.


Unless they’re all alt accounts from one person or it’s a concerted effort initiated someone in a guild to have their guild mates help them out.  You’re more likely to get an eye infusion drop from Dragonstorm than have dozen or so unaffiliated first time posters post in the same thread around the same time and all in agreement. That’s just my opinion and why I found it odd. 
 

2 hours ago, Etaiver.9781 said:

Of course there are costs, or do Brazilian players have free access to expansions? And by any chance, are you going to pay for the translation? As all Brazilians probably bought the expansions, so I think we are entitled to have something with more quality for our community.


Expansions don’t add voice overs or translations/localizations for older content. The most you’d see is that the content would have this but it’ll cost more overhead to do so and be an expectation going forward which adds more overhead.  Those costs are going to come from somewhere. Would those costs produce a benefit to be worth it?  

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It start with text translation then some time later well we got text so why dont anet give us voices too.

 

Thats wbat happen with wvw and spvp legendary armor those mode wanted it said skin was not important just wanted the functionality.

Now people are advocating for unique skins for them aswell.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

It start with text translation then some time later well we got text so why dont anet give us voices too.

 

Thats wbat happen with wvw and spvp legendary armor those mode wanted it said skin was not important just wanted the functionality.

Now people are advocating for unique skins for them aswell.

Not that I think this suggestion will happen anytime soon, but since launch Spanish localization has been text-only.  No voice. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. I'm brazilian and I support the cause of a translation from English to Portuguese. I have a lot of friends, and most of them can't understand english or refuse to play Guild of Wars 2 because they know that more and more game companies are paying more attention to Brazil, and they feel this game's company is not giving properly attention to our country. 

 

More and more companies focused in entertainment are paying more attention to Brazil, because it's a huge country and we are one of the top countries in the world to play games.

 

To reinforce my idea, Funimation and Netflix are releasing a huge content of anime dubbed to Portuguese Brazil. They are literally competing in their own voice acting, a lot of animes have 2 or more versions dubbed to Portuguese Brazil, because it's worthy. 

 

It shows the importance of investing more in text translations. Making it accessible for people around the world to be able to play the game is important for acquiring new players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Don’t you learn English in school in Brazil? 

 

The Brazilian education system is precarious in many places.

 

I would say that to really learn English in Brazil, you have to seek to learn it or born in a middle-class family, to have the chance for them to enroll you on a dedicated english course.

 

According to British Council Brasil (2013), the findings show that 5% of the population aged over 16 claim to have some knowledge of the English language, while among younger people - aged between 18 and 24 - the percentage doubles, reaching 10%. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...