Always the left foot

Balsa.3951

16 hours ago, vicky.9751 said:

TBH i can see the OP's point..

Every meta event just turns into stack under a boss and faceroll 1 button. However I don't run the metas unless i need masteries so..... -shrug-

Not entirely. 

Plenty of them have “run away from the left foot, okay now run back to the left foot” mechanics. 😄

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2021 at 7:22 AM, vicky.9751 said:

TBH i can see the OP's point..

Every meta event just turns into stack under a boss and faceroll 1 button. However I don't run the metas unless i need masteries so..... -shrug-

See how that works for you in TD and VB or the Great Jungle Worm. Also I never do any meta just hitting the 1 button. They  go faster if you use your full rotation and you know, I generally want to be out of there faster.  I mean AB you have four different mechanics before you can do anything to the "boss" but the real trick of it is killing all four sides at one time.

Let's not lump all metas in together with the all you do is stack and press 1.

• Thanks 1

It does seem a bit silly - I'm not a huge fan of most of GW2's open-world bosses for this reason - but there aren't many good alternatives.

A more sophisticated, interesting fight would look pretty similar to a raid. It takes a while to learn how to play raids well enough to beat them, and people will fail a lot at first - that's with a group of 10 people who are interested in learning and improving.

When you switch to an open-world environment with 50+ players and no quality control, it's likely they will never be able to beat a raid-style boss because too many are just not playing well enough (for a variety of reasons). Unless you tone down the difficulty of the mechanics to be more forgiving, and then it generally winds up being more efficient to ignore them and facetank them by stacking and spamming boons (sound familiar?).