Bend This..

Arctarius.2649

Gave some feedback this week and thought of a good idea. I mentioned in a previous post that adding a multi strike mechanic could be a way to remove willbender flames. I feel that the flames are entirely out of place for the spec and completely unnecessary as we have so many builds for firebrand already. I think guards are coni'd out and while wielding 2 swords and having physical skills, it would be really great to not get shoehorned into Condi again... 

F1: remove the fire on the floor and add 3 rapid low dmg shockwaves that resonate outward in a cone shape from the blow. This will help lethal tempo without hoping enemies stand in fire.. 

F2: remove fire trail and have it trigger a weak 3 hit multi strike when passing through foes (also for lethal temp because of the fire removal) Maybe make its animation a jump kick instead of walking sideways at a slow pace the way it is now.. 

F3: remove the fire ring and make 3 shockwaves rapidly resonate outwards from the point of impact. (again for lethal tempo) 

For traits, I propose we remove searing pact, and add something that would benefit a different playstyle rather than just slapping condi in. On that same note, why not make gameplay  augmenting grandmasters? 

Top grandmaster:  This trait could have something to do with applying 5 target boons upon using physical skills or F1-3 near allies.

Middle grandmaster: This could be a trait that causes a weak, 3 hit multi strike that triggers every time you land a physical skill or 1 handed sword skill or f1 (for the purpose of enhancing Lethal tempo without depending on Willbender flames) 

Bottom grandmaster: This could trigger protection on the guardian whenever using physical skills or f1-3. This would be a great way to help them function in pvp as well. 

As for the current grandmasters.. I don't feel any are too impactful and if people really want them they can be adjusted and moved down to tier 2 traits. Other lower tier and tier 2 traits can be removed to make room, like searing pact. 

Edited by Arctarius.2649
Typo's
  • Like 3

Sure. I’ll take anything over the current version of WB flames. I can’t stand how they function right now. Shockwaves and multi-strikes would be cool. At least it would be something different and unique for Guardian, and more along the lines of a quick power based spec, which isn’t what it feels like right now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 7:09 PM, Monarc.9726 said:

Sure. I’ll take anything over the current version of WB flames. I can’t stand how they function right now. Shockwaves and multi-strikes would be cool. At least it would be something different and unique for Guardian, and more along the lines of a quick power based spec, which isn’t what it feels like right now.

Yeah I really would love to see them go at it with something new, the fire feels irrelevant for willbender other than to proc old trait stuff, which it still can, just make the fire last for a half sec on the target hit just so that it procs old traits.