Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Total Makeover kits should last 15 mins?


Should Total Makeover Kits last 15 minutes with infinite use  

78 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Total Makeover Kits last 15 minutes with infinite use



Recommended Posts

Well would be nice if the Total Makeover Kits should last 15 minutes with infinite use during that time to get that look you want perfect and without any regrets anyone else agree?

Edit: Yeah I meant grace period of 15 mins xD

Edited by Sovari.7246
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhhh, I'd pay money to be able to create something akin to a beta character which has every skin and dye unlocked, infinite transmutation charges & makeover kits.
You'd just keep it in a special instance and it wouldn't be able to interact with the rest of your account - it'd be for preview purposes only.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I understood right you're suggesting to be able to renter the makeover kit within 15 minutes of committing your changes. For those occasions when you realise what you thought was perfect in the kit interface doesn't look quite right in world. Yeah, would be a good change, especially since weapons and backpieces aren't shown in the kit and they can clip with hairs, horns etc.

  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember making a character in a makeover kit, pressing confirm and it coming out looking wildly different in the actual, in-game graphics. Things are clearly rendered a bit differently in the makeover kit (just look at that popular human hairstyle with the flower in it - super pixelated in the actual game but looks great in makeover), it feels like the lighting is different too. I ended up having to immediately buy another kit because the difference between how it looked in makeover and in game was so drastic, and make something entirely new... it left quite a bad taste in my mouth.

 

So in short, yes, please give a grace period so people can actually try a look out in game before being completely committed to it.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sovari.7246 said:

Well would be nice if the Total Makeover Kits should last 15 minutes with infinite use during that time to get that look you want perfect and without any regrets anyone else agree?

Do you mean that the look you create in the character creator isn't the same in the gameworld? So you should get 15 minutes in-game to run around and make sure it's good before committing?

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be useful to give you a period to try out your choices and change it.

I'd suggest tracking it via a buff on the character, for two reasons:
1) That way you'll know how long you have even if you forget to look at the clock when you confirm the changes.
2) The timer will only run down while you're logged in, so there's no risk of getting disconnected and stuck with changes you don't want.

Edit: As if to prove the point my computer crashed while I was checking out new faces on one of my characters. (Nothing to do with the game, this computer is dying.) I hadn't confirmed the changes, but that's partially because I was trying to decide if I liked them more than what I've got. It's annoying as it is, it would be more annoying if I'd confirmed the changes to see how they look in the game but wasn't sure about it.

Also if we do get this system I'd like some way to quickly cancel the changes and revert to what you had before using the kit, but that would be more complicated because there would have to be a way for the game to save what you had and what you've changed it to.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

...or just an infinite makeover kit 😞
Having a 15 mins one would make me panic and try to get things done asap before it expires. 
Or well, once you use it a 15 mins buff to 'change' something again free of charge would be OK!

 

God knows how many times I've used makeover kit on same characters like...oh wow, I didn't get the nose right; or nooo the eyes are looking weird or squinted! Eyes are too small! Chin is too wide! Chin is too long! Baaahahah... help me.
I'm super nitpicky and need my character to look PERFECT. Unfortunately, as posters have said already, it appears that rendering in Makeover kit is different to that of actual 'world'. 
I made a perfect scoundrel-like human in Makeover before, but in world he had these annoying forehead bones that made him look like a caveman and it put me off of playing him forever; as I couldn't afford getting more makeover kits for him xD (and I already used plenty to get him done right aaaa)

At least I'm set on a main now and I doubt I'll change anything; but seriously...took me a couple of makeover kits to get there for my main too. 🥺
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you do indeed mean a grace period of a few minutes to see the the changes in the game world before its permanent, then I'd like to change my vote to yes. 

 

You might want to adjust your title or the wording of the poll question to better convey that.

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

An infinite kit would probably be another BLC thing. 😕

Also I hope you are prepared for all the bitching from people about how it makes their infinite self style kit obsolete.

Funny, I thought the primary value of the Infinite Kit was never having to buy a kit again.  Since that would still be true, anyone complaining would be complaining for the sake of complaining.  Still, given the track record of the wider MMO audience, I guess I wouldn't be surprised...

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be nice as I've wasted two before on changes I eventually didn't like soon after or misleading skin tone. It's hard to tell what the skin tones will 'really' look like in-game compared to character creation and have to test it on throwaway keyfarm alt slot first.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to say no.

Currently the makeover kit gives you a slightly better render, with it's own lighting than what you would see out in the world under different lighting conditions.
Instead, I would rather they make the kit more robust. 
It would be more helpful if they added a tab "render in current world lighting", or a way to preview the makeover with currently equipped infusions. Let me tell you how disappointed I was when I found out the Fu Dog charr skin texture did not translate through the stone skin infusion like I thought it would. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2021 at 12:55 PM, Kolzi.5928 said:

I remember making a character in a makeover kit, pressing confirm and it coming out looking wildly different in the actual, in-game graphics. Things are clearly rendered a bit differently in the makeover kit (just look at that popular human hairstyle with the flower in it - super pixelated in the actual game but looks great in makeover), it feels like the lighting is different too. I ended up having to immediately buy another kit because the difference between how it looked in makeover and in game was so drastic, and make something entirely new... it left quite a bad taste in my mouth.

 

So in short, yes, please give a grace period so people can actually try a look out in game before being completely committed to it.

It's a flower?? I thought it was a starfish...

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

Funny, I thought the primary value of the Infinite Kit was never having to buy a kit again.  Since that would still be true, anyone complaining would be complaining for the sake of complaining.  Still, given the track record of the wider MMO audience, I guess I wouldn't be surprised...

Well, the game has to change, and that means sometimes things become less valuable. Can't just keep the game stagnant just people will complain, despite  having gotten years of value out of it. There's always going to be stuff like things are make account bound and you have that person that's bought it for their 50 alts or something.

I have some tabs full of ascended gear made "obsolete" by the legendary armory, but that's just life. (still hoping there will be a sink, but at this point...)

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2021 at 6:54 AM, Farohna.6247 said:

I would prefer an infinite makeover kit but a 15 minute grace period for being able to revert or alter changes would be nice. 

 

 

I don't think the solution to this should be something so few people get. They could still do an infinite makeover kit as well, if they wanted.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kolzi.5928 said:

 

I don't think the solution to this should be something so few people get. They could still do an infinite makeover kit as well, if they wanted.

I think both would be great, give the grace period for the single use ones, and the infinite one for purchase in the gem store occasionally (grace period unnecessary for that one of course).  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

I'm going to say no.

Currently the makeover kit gives you a slightly better render, with it's own lighting than what you would see out in the world under different lighting conditions.
Instead, I would rather they make the kit more robust. 
It would be more helpful if they added a tab "render in current world lighting", or a way to preview the makeover with currently equipped infusions. Let me tell you how disappointed I was when I found out the Fu Dog charr skin texture did not translate through the stone skin infusion like I thought it would. 

emphasis added.

Seconded.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...