Public-instance Raids and Legendary armor

Minos.5168

• 3 weeks later...

Just make legendary armor sellable on TP (maybe with ugly skin, flashy skin should be crafted non-sellable). This will result in LI sink  + profit for people who raids a lot, an opportunity to get legendary armor convenience for ppl who cannot raid because of IRL/other reasons. A lot of ppl pay gold to raidsellers anyway, will just make this scam proof + will introduce new raid players for profit. A win/win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 2/2/2022 at 3:43 PM, WRay.2391 said:

Just make legendary armor sellable on TP (maybe with ugly skin, flashy skin should be crafted non-sellable). This will result in LI sink  + profit for people who raids a lot, an opportunity to get legendary armor convenience for ppl who cannot raid because of IRL/other reasons. A lot of ppl pay gold to raidsellers anyway, will just make this scam proof + will introduce new raid players for profit. A win/win.

Given that so many raiders were scared people would get legendary armorer crafting achieve from WvW/PVP armors, I doubt this would go over well, raid armor is supposed to come from raiding, and any loss in prestige to the armor would be a slap in the face. I agree it'd be a cool concept, though if the skins aren't flashy, I'm not sure how many people will actually buy with 2 other options in game. Also ascended gear isn't that expensive to stat swap, so legendary armor is literally the least valuable legendary. Don't get me wrong, legendary armor is still useful in some niches I'm just not sure experienced players would bite. Though the stat-swapping recipe is one of the best kept secrets of the game. I think I'd literally played years before I learned it. 

In hindsight I find the whining about the achieve being completed via WvW/PVP funny: PVP or WvW is literally the most difficult way to make in terms of /played time, so you would really only do it if you didn't want to raid or couldn't (so basically the achieve comes from the easiest method, assuming you don't have a disability that restricts your ability to raid, or just difficulty finding groups). I also find it a bit funny so many raiders that do WvW or PVP will skin the mistforged variants on top of envoy so often. It makes sense, but if you look at the numbers, they're getting the harder prestigious legendary armor (or at least a functional equivalent) for 1/2 the cost in the case of PVP and the WvW ratio is at least similar. Raiders really are treated really nice in this game. 

Side note: You never want to get a PVP or WvW ascended armor precursor unless you can immediately upgrade it because losing the ability to craft legendary armor from it for stat swapping is a huge punishment.

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Confused 4

On 12/5/2021 at 7:15 PM, Minos.5168 said:

but still give the Divinations/Insights to allow more players to craft Legendary Armor.

Nah it would create drama because of all players that think the armor is glorious or whatever. What you need instead is another item that craft another legendary skin but i don't think it has to be raid related, imo it could be part of a LW map or an expac

On 2/2/2022 at 11:43 PM, WRay.2391 said:

I wish but sadly same problem as above, many think it their whole life to have this armor skin (even though no one ever say wow congratulation when seeing someone wearing it 🤣) so i guess i'll continue destoying LI/LD to avoid locking space in the bank

Edited by Fangoth.4503
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Fangoth.4503 said:

Nah it would create drama because of all players that think the armor is glorious or whatever. What you need instead is another item that craft another legendary skin but i don't think it has to be raid related, imo it could be part of a LW map or an expac

I wish but sadly same problem as above, many think it their whole life to have this armor skin (even though no one ever say wow congratulation when seeing someone wearing it 🤣) so i guess i'll continue destoying LI/LD to avoid locking space in the bank

The prestige in GW2 are literally skins, not functionality or power.  If the latter two were important, Legendary armor wouldn't have had alternative ways of acquisition via PvP and WvW.

Skinless legendaries that can be made with LI, I'm all for.  Give me a use for my LI and incentivize me to run the content even after finishing all achievements there and unlocking all the skins.

• Confused 2

On 2/5/2022 at 10:11 PM, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

The prestige in GW2 are literally skins, not functionality or power.  If the latter two were important, Legendary armor wouldn't have had alternative ways of acquisition via PvP and WvW.

Yes and no, skin are not prestigious they are a hobby. all the prestige of getting any of them faded years ago due to their current abundance.
same goes with gen 1 & 2 weapons, i use to be woah that guy is a godgamer he got twilight in 2013-14 now it's whatever because they are literally everywhere.
If you want a raid thing prestigious then you'll need a new raid and with a skin but after couple of month it will be in the whatever domain again. or to make it available only for the X first to get it, or timegated so those who fail to do the thing in time get nothing. But you can't have something 4/5 year old be prestigious, at best it has its place in a museum. My armor is so prestigious that it's mostly reskinned by white/green skins 🙃

• Confused 3

35 minutes ago, Fangoth.4503 said:

Yes and no, skin are not prestigious they are a hobby. all the prestige of getting any of them faded years ago due to their current abundance.
same goes with gen 1 & 2 weapons, i use to be woah that guy is a godgamer he got twilight in 2013-14 now it's whatever because they are literally everywhere.
If you want a raid thing prestigious then you'll need a new raid and with a skin but after couple of month it will be in the whatever domain again. or to make it available only for the X first to get it, or timegated so those who fail to do the thing in time get nothing. But you can't have something 4/5 year old be prestigious, at best it has its place in a museum. My armor is so prestigious that it's mostly reskinned by white/green skins 🙃

Nah, GW2 wasn't built with power/convenience as part of progression.  Horizontal progression is something that involves gathering of skins and convenience items.  Again, if legendary armor from Raids was supposed to be prestigious for anything but its aesthetic purposes, there wouldn't be WvW & PvP armors.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

Nah, GW2 wasn't built with power/convenience as part of progression.  Horizontal progression is something that involves gathering of skins and convenience items.

horizontal gameplay doesn't necessary mean collecting skin or convenience item, some players do like it others likes just to be able to have inconsistant play time and be able to just get it without having to grind for new upgrades or some can even prefer enjoy refining their gameplay. horizontal doesn't impose things, it allows you to do whatever you like 😉

14 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

Again, if legendary armor from Raids was supposed to be prestigious for anything but its aesthetic purposes, there wouldn't be WvW & PvP armors.

And there is no alternative to raid armor. Like, despite these two being similar, there is no alternative to pvp and wvw armor.

Edited by Fangoth.4503
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Fangoth.4503 said:

horizontal gameplay doesn't necessary mean collecting skin or convenience item, some players do like it others likes just to be able to have inconsistant play time and be able to just get it without having to grind for new upgrades or some can even prefer enjoy refining their gameplay. horizontal doesn't impose things, it allows you to do whatever you like 😉

Eh, it means your gear won't be invalidated after a long break. It means no gear treadmill, that everything is either a side-grade or built for convenience/travel, etc. Not to give extra power. There's literally nothing in Horizontal progression that states you can do whatever you like.  It simply means your progress won't be invalidated via introduction of new content.

1 hour ago, Fangoth.4503 said:

And there is no alternative to raid armor. Like, despite these two being similar, there is no alternative to pvp and wvw armor.

Wow, you really don't get it do you?

What's the difference between Raid, WvW, and PvP Legendary armor?  They both allow you to swap stats freely, skin over them freely.  Oh, it's the skins unlocked that are different. Aesthetic, not power or convenience.  That is the alternative.  Unless you're saying there's no "other" way to get PvE legendary armor?  I mean, there's no alternative ways to get PvP or WvW legendary  armor either, but those game modes aren't nearly as fleshed out..  I wonder what the complaints would be like if you could only earn PvP legendary armor via tournaments.

• Confused 1

After playing raids for a bit (finally getting to 150 Li this week), public versions won't do kitten for raids.

What would help, massively, is breaking raids up into segments, akin to strikes, with free access to any given boss at any moment. Without the need to kitten around the LFG looking for an opener.

Another thing that would help would be an extensive training mode, allowing to target specific mechanics in solo environment. Somewhere you can waltz in any time, alone, to practice Dhuum greens, for example. Or hand kiting, or lamping - you get the drill. Sadly, that second suggestion would require actual effort from Anet.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

You literally dont need legendary trinkets, just get ascended ones, which you get for just a few days of fractaling/WvWing.

Most build nowdays shares trinkets anyways.

Neither do you need armor beyond exotic (except for high end fractals, at which point ascended gear drops frequent enough to invalidate any need for legendary gear).

There the situation is flipped, armor is dirt cheap to come by, trinkets not so much. Well who cares then since bis is ascended.

Ascended armor isn't as expesive as it used to be and players have options:

- get legendary runes, use exotic armor.  Have access to almost as much utility as with legendary armor (and you only need 1 set of runes, not 3)

- stat change ascended armor, which you can't do for most trinkets or are limited, unless you go for the slightly longer to farm to get the repeated stat change-able ones

You want maximum convenience at the lowest cost? Legendary runes (full set is around 3k, sorks for light, medium and heavy), exotic armor, stat change-able trinkets. Legendary armor doesn't even make the list. 

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

Raids are dead

No, not really.

7 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

make it into strike level kittenfest for people to farm

"make it into level of kittenfest so people can just brainlessly farm it!"

That's right guys, raids saved, because clearly "saving raids" is what it was about all along! 🤦‍♂️

Or, maybe, if someone wants the sort-of-kind-of endgame gear, they can put in some effort into understanding game's mechanics, learning the content and completing said content in order to get the rewards they want? And no worries, if they don't want to, then they can easly keep playing with ascended gear and complete any content they desire without being held back. Seems "k" to me?

1 hour ago, SovietVixen.7396 said:

Textbook example of a strawman argument.

Except it's not a strawman.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, SovietVixen.7396 said:

Textbook example of a strawman argument.

Just to quibble, that's not a strawman argument ... it's simply saying the obvious. Not sure that's BETTER ... but like I said, time to quibble. 

Based on todays information about Group content in EoD, Anet hasn't changed their ideas of where Leg Armor is earned with the rewards changes in EoD. So ... I think it's safe to assume raids are still necessary to get this gear. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2