Public-instance Raids and Legendary armor

Minos.5168

1 hour ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

And those people arent allowed to have any content?

Last i checked they have the same access to content as anyone else.

Just because they willingly opt out of doing raids/strikes doesn't mean it's been magically removed.

Additionally, you're missing the point. If giving people an LI was enough to move them into raids i'd be shocked considering the major complaint is they want the reward without doing the content. We'll see how well that holds up now after EoD when they can start working on that Legendary armor or even Trinket. Anet has been kind enough to give you the carrot, ironically i bet the vocal crowd wanting the rewards is likely to turn on them with a stick though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 2/3/2022 at 3:43 AM, WRay.2391 said:

A lot of ppl pay gold to raidsellers anyway, will just make this scam proof + will introduce new raid players for profit. A win/win.

I agree with this, hard content and due to squad join issue most players cannt do some hard wings and for that there are sellers on lfg always, I still cannot do coalescence achivement wing 5 dhuum due to squad requriements, so for fix they can make history mode for achiviements, to get LI you can do easy wings. 

• Confused 1

I wanted to get legendary armour, but seemed too hard to do raids, altough back in the day I was already doing T4 fractals. Later I joined a raid training guild and slowly but learned the wings and got my legendary armour. And raids are not the only source of legendary armour, you can get one set from PvP/WvW as well (I have 1 from each).

What I am saying is people willing to teach raids, you just need to be patient, things won't fall into your arms magically, raids are hard for a reason and that's why they give you legendary armour.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 9:25 AM, Banryuu.2156 said:

I wanted to get legendary armour, but seemed too hard to do raids, altough back in the day I was already doing T4 fractals. Later I joined a raid training guild and slowly but learned the wings and got my legendary armour. And raids are not the only source of legendary armour, you can get one set from PvP/WvW as well (I have 1 from each).

What I am saying is people willing to teach raids, you just need to be patient, things won't fall into your arms magically, raids are hard for a reason and that's why they give you legendary armour.

Well, that's what I'm doing now - WvW. Will take ages but I have no other options. I have work and real life, I may go AFK any moment for couple of minutes. No raid group will be happy with that. I may have like an hour or two of uninterrupted game time at nights but nobody is going to adjust to my schedule.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WRay.2391 said:

Well, that's what I'm doing now - WvW. Will take ages but I have no other options. I have work and real life, I may go AFK any moment for couple of minutes. No raid group will be happy with that. I may have like an hour or two of uninterrupted game time at nights but nobody is going to adjust to my schedule.

You can do spvp legendary armor aswell on your own time during seasons.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 10:30 AM, Linken.6345 said:

You can do spvp legendary armor aswell on your own time during seasons.

PvP is not my cup of tea. Even WvW is not ideal, I prefer PvE content. Really enjoyed "Return to ..." achievements + leg amulet in the end.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/11/2022 at 8:45 PM, WRay.2391 said:

PvP is not my cup of tea. Even WvW is not ideal, I prefer PvE content. Really enjoyed "Return to ..." achievements + leg amulet in the end.

Best part about pvp is u can just watch TV and pretend like your trying and still get the rewards needed for the legendary armor

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/14/2022 at 2:06 AM, NumNums.7935 said:

Best part about pvp is u can just watch TV and pretend like your trying and still get the rewards needed for the legendary armor

This is exactly what I don't understand. By limiting leg armor to raids ANET pretty much forced PvE casuals to game modes they don't like thus creating issues for ppl who like PvP and WvW (and for quite a long time). Is it really worth it for just statistics, like N ppl playing mode?

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, WRay.2391 said:

This is exactly what I don't understand. By limiting leg armor to raids ANET pretty much forced PvE casuals to game modes they don't like thus creating issues for ppl who like PvP and WvW (and for quite a long time). Is it really worth it for just statistics, like N ppl playing mode?

Or the question should be asked another way - why would anyone, who is too busy with life, have very limited game time, would be obsessed with grinding all 6 pieces of legendary armors designed for hardcore gamers, instead of enjoying a vastly available contents casually?

The friction occures because you made a hardcore decision out of a casual stance, resulting an investment problem, not because there is a flaw in the game design.

Edited by Vilin.8056
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To be fair, there isn't much value of a Leg Armor set to players on the casual side, simply because they don't get a very good return for their investment to make it. The argument for expanding Leg Armor availability is primarily from the perspective of Anet, so I doubt anything would ever happen unless Anet felt it was good for them to make that expanded availability.