PLEASE add a Chill condition to GS5 for Vindicator

TheeBlackDeath.5692

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 2:37 AM, draxynnic.3719 said:

5-13 stacks might be less than 20, but it's still a lot to just tack onto a skill that also has decent power coefficients.

And if you put it on GS2 instead, it's a reliable chill every 3 seconds which can be used more reliably for CC in general, and provides synergy (follow up with the big GS5) rather than having your soft CC and big damage skill in the same skill. It's also easier to balance because it's easy to predict how many torment stacks have already been applied.

That horse has already bolted. GS already chills on the autoattack. And the gap-closer. And, potentially, the jump.

Which is, IMO, a good thing. Putting a bit of chill on power weapons allows them to be not terrible with condi builds, which is important on a weaponswapping profession that only has one condition-oriented core set. If anything, hammer needs more chill for this reason.

The only real reason I'm against it for GS2 instead of GS5 is because you literally aren't tearing holes into the mists to strike your foes like GS5 does which does honestly make the most sense to have a chill there by default if you think about it.

However, the main thing I'm hoping for with chill on GS5 is to add more viability to the skill with potentially AOE dmg and CC options to the spec that are rather lacking, but I still feel like this GS5 skill should work similar to Hammer3 for Rev since they basically work in similar ways with lengthy/telegraphed animations, with the damage of GS5 decreasing over time by quite a bit anyway, having a chill would make it 10x better for PvP and PvE because of that with the long telegraph. 

However, in regard to hammer, I do feel like hammer could use a bit of a tune up with a slow and weakness condis here and there aside from just more chill to the weapon only.

Although I am quite happy that they at least gave a chill on the GS autoattack and on GS3, but another thing I was also thinking about that could be added a vulnerability condi to True Strike from GS4 as a way to make it more viable and stand apart from Ranger's GS4, as I feel GS4 for Vindi is rather lackluster and could use a bit of a tune up as well, along with adding more vulnerability options that greatsword for Rev seems to rely on besides chill.

After EVERYTHING I've tested with Renegade(as I eagerly wait for EoD's release), I really can't see any of these ideas being too over-the-top or broken compared to what we already have with Renegade which blatantly feels like cheating at times lol.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

if ihad to make a change on gs would be gs3 making a pull at the end, its a skill that works a bit meh right now and it doesn't need to make any dmg,  also vindi is in need of more cc so a pull could help a lot, as for ice dmg id agree if we got a trait that made chill deal dmg, even so renegade is a good condi dps id like if anet focused on doing a good power dps elite with enought dmg(around 37-38k on pve) and decent cc (a couple skills) as for the healer vicky needs more buffs, and they could make gs skills work based on legend, like arche dmg and vicky heals on gs5

Edited by zaswer.5246
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I recommend add  effect in https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Leviathan_Strength

from only “

Deal increased damage while your endurance is not full.

To be 

Deal increased damage while your endurance is not full.  Inflict chill to foe when you do vulnerable damage  

it can do strong combination damage  with corruption. Also interrupted opponents tempo from chill- vulnerable with S/X or GS or use Vulnerable sigil add more vulnerable-chill-torment stack if you put in mace.

• Like 2

@ShadeOfEclipse.8931 The Mists aren't cold by default. Ritualists using mists energy usually did lightning damage, for instance. Few if any of the skills that apply chill already are of the 'rip holes into the Mists' type, but are generally linked to specific legends. So there's no reason to make such a link now despite balance concerns.

Ultimately, there's more counterplay if the 'hit an enemy multiple times if they stay in an area' skill isn't also the one applying the snare. There's even less counterplay if the snare is being reapplied on every hit. And then we have the potential Abyssal Chill synergy.

@Thon.3780 A trait that turns vulnerability into chill would make sword and greatsword pretty sickeningly OP in any competitive mode even before considering Abyssal Chill.

• Confused 3

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2022 at 3:20 PM, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Now that the damage from GS5 was nerfed in pvp/wvw this suggestion makes more sense to help boost Vindicator's viability.  More chill would be welcome in PvE as well, as it helps chip away at breakbars and Vindicator's full dps build still has near 0 CC. 

Any encounter actually requiring significant cc, I just drop s/s for staff.

1 hour ago, Jthug.9506 said:

Any encounter actually requiring significant cc, I just drop s/s for staff.

Definitely doable, but it’s such a massive DPS loss for 10s I don’t think it’s worth it.  

Vindicator’s issue with CC at the moment is that most other classes innately bring CC or can slot extra CC for minimal DPS losses.  About half or more of those also do the same or more damage than Vindi.  Vindi is forced to blow 50 energy on Jade Winds or swap to staff to reliably decently contribute to CC, both of which are really bad for Vindicator’s already mostly average DPS. 

Personally I think reducing some of Shiro’s PvE costs (it’s still using old PvP energy costs from before skill splits), specifically on Jade Winds (and phase traversal, not for CC but QoL), would go a long way to help solve this problem.    There’s really no reason for Jade Winds to be so costly. That and increasing the daze from 1.5s to 2.5s or 3s in PvE only for Reaver’s Rage. 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I can't advise this change anymore since a few months back I had noticed they nerfed tormenting runes and already nerfed GS5 anyway despite it still being strong af(thankfully), essentially putting an end to my hybrid Vindicator build idea, so there's no real point for them to add chill onto GS5 for extra dmg and viability at this point. 😕

Although some of you guys do have some nice ideas here at least.

• Confused 1