Please fix venders who get disabled due to failed map events.

Tarrek.7436

This is simply an unnecessary and aggravating thing that exists for literally no reason. Just remove it. Do you know how frustrating it is to work all day to finish something then get to the last step and hit a hard wall because of some arbitrary bs.

In this case, I am working on the Tooth of Frostfang collection and the Icy Runestone vender is down because it is late and of course no one is going to be doing Jormag. I shouldn't get locked out of something so simple just because of the time of day. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Trondel.2508 said:

This topic pops up quite regularly, I must say.

I also must say, just waiting a few hours really isnt that much of a "wall". Especially when you can literally buy the runestones during each step of the collections. With planning this would not have been an issue.

But but..  I must have in NOW!!!!

• Haha 3

Asking to fix something that is working as designed is rather biased.
It is designed this way for a reason. The reason is that you need to put effort into it

A much more valid argument should be that it is unfair that some get it without doing the event. So a good suggestion would be to change it so you actually need to participate in the event to have access to the merchant.

But it is designed in such a way that you need to do the event to gain the reward. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Trondel.2508 said:

This topic pops up quite regularly, I must say.

I also must say, just waiting a few hours really isnt that much of a "wall". Especially when you can literally buy the runestones during each step of the collections. With planning this would not have been an issue.

a few hours wait can be quite a wall, not everyone has hours of time every single day to play.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sorudo.9054 said:

a few hours wait can be quite a wall, not everyone has hours of time every single day to play.

While that's true, this particular vendor, or rather the specific item he sells, is mainly for Legendary crafting. That process is already a rather lengthy one, possibly weeks or months long, during which time you have more than enough opportunities to find him willing to sell you his wares, especially if you check on him regularly, as in once a day, maybe.

• Like 2

None of the Tooth of Frostfang collections require Icy Runestones. That's the final recipe of the Frostfang that you will need it for. If you are still working on the precursor, you have more than enough time to catch a successful Claw of Jormag event. You can maybe actively look for a world boss train just when you happen to be online at the right time.

First of all, Jormag is done every time it's up. As in every time. There's no time Jormag is up when it's not done. The problem isn't that it's not done. The problem is that maps close when everyone leaves, so it gets done and then people leave and then that map closes, leaving the overflow maps which weren't doing it open.

While I agree it's not that big a deal, the problem is that even if Jormag is beaten, you can end up on a map that didn't beat it. And yeah, it's annoying having to wait and do an event.

But out of the scheme of all the things that annoy me in this game (and there are more than a few), this particular annoyance adds something to the world.  Some events have consequences.  They're not meaningless after all.  And I think that's important.

• Like 3