'Everyone, please swap to Firebrands or Scrappers. We need at least 3 more of each.'

2 hours ago, ASP.8093 said:

If this is about WvW, you should note that all the other zerglings *aren't playing support.*

Depends on your group. Support spellbreaker, support chrono, support tempest are all options. Boon rip power scourge doesn't do high sustained DPS , just does burst with well bombs.

5 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I believe that he implied that his group need more quickness.

no idea, the topic doesnt give alot of info to exactly what he means. but i guess to his question

7 hours ago, Avatara.1042 said:

When are you doing a full balance pass, Anet?

prolly closer to EoD if not on EoD Launch.

11 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Ah Oki did wonder. Otherwise they'd rebalance everything while trying to balance the new elites and it'd prolly make a mess somewhere 😂😂

At 100% it will end with more people joining the necro/engi/guardian/rev bandwagon....

...they literally never nerf properly those 4

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

At 100% it will end with more people joining the necro/engi/guardian/rev bandwagon....

...they literally never nerf properly those 4

But. 

Necromancers scourge in PvE only got considered OP after the massive torment rework. Which tbh wasn't realistically that long ago. Prior that it wasn't considered that good at all in PvE. 

And scourge took alot of nerfs in PvP and isn't near as strong.

Engineer was stuck with scrapper in its previous state for 4 years.... Holosmith did make it alot stronger but I wouldn't rly call holo Overpowered. 

Revenant again it was the torment changes that's now resulted in it being pretty OP in PvE it was no where near as bad prior. 

Guardian well firebrands pretty broken with how bloated it is in PvE and I hear it overperforms in WvWvW.

Top choices will change in EoD 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

But. 

Necromancers scourge in PvE only got considered OP after the massive torment rework. Which tbh wasn't realistically that long ago. Prior that it wasn't considered that good at all in PvE. 

And scourge took alot of nerfs in PvP and isn't near as strong.

Engineer was stuck with scrapper in its previous state for 4 years.... Holosmith did make it alot stronger but I wouldn't rly call holo Overpowered. 

Revenant again it was the torment changes that's now resulted in it being pretty OP in PvE it was no where near as bad prior. 

Guardian well firebrands pretty broken with how bloated it is in PvE and I hear it overperforms in WvWvW.

Top choices will change in EoD 

You shouldn't waste your time, even if the necromancer as a whole were bottom of the barrel in all gamemodes he would still claim it's OP.

2 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

When HoT released, engineers couldn't even use scrapper in PvE end content.

Other classes got to show off their cool new elite specs in raids (chronomancers massively OP, berserker and dragonhunter providing superior damage for that time, druids being the absolute alpha and omega support, etc.).

But original release scrapper? It didn't do anything desirable. If you wanted to get into a raid as an engineer, you could just play condi core engineer or no one actually wanted you in their squad.

On 12/6/2021 at 4:20 AM, Avatara.1042 said:

When are you doing a full balance pass, Anet?

Yes, can we get an answer on this?  I find myself bored with this game, which is perhaps understandable given we're waiting on an expansion that is years late to the party.  But what's really killing it is the kitten poor balance at this point.  Please do something about firebrand as well as renegade, scourge, and scrapper.  Other classes would like to play, too.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, Opopanax.1803 said:

This is truth.  It will only result in a shuffle with a new top profession.

Thats the point.. otherwise 2 chronos would be still meta to this day.

Now look around, you can barely see one, even though two chronos providing boons are still strong and can cover each other, unlike the others.

6 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Thats the point.. otherwise 2 chronos would be still meta to this day.

Now look around, you can barely see one, even though two chronos providing boons are still strong and can cover each other, unlike the others.

People asked to "rebalance" chrono "superiority". They got firebrand. The screams that resulted from this are being heard to this day.

So, be careful what you ask for.

Edited by Astralporing.1957

On 12/7/2021 at 7:02 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

That's funny ... like a full balance pass has ever resulted in meta class equivalence

Tbh everyone knows what balance passes really are in mmorpgs. 

Just a shake up overall. Every mmorpg does it. It becomes accepted you will never make every option balanced. So every 4 months release a large balance pass to knock the top 4 off and the bottom 4 to the top and just keep the meta changing. 

6 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

People asked to "rebalance" chrono "superiority". They got firebrand. The screams that resulted from this are being heard to this day.

So, be careful what you ask for

It's kinda weird they nerfed orginal chrono soo much to then drop firebrand realistically 😂😂

Anet defintly didn't learn from the chrono era 😂

• Like 1

After eod it sounds like though before eod they did not realty do balancing updates that often more of a once a year (we are at 2 years + atm from the last major update) for major updates.

But for sure the balancing of this game is comply on its head with meta that has been the same for 7 years now.

On 12/9/2021 at 3:02 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

Tbh everyone knows what balance passes really are in mmorpgs. 

Just a shake up overall. Every mmorpg does it. It becomes accepted you will never make every option balanced. So every 4 months release a large balance pass to knock the top 4 off and the bottom 4 to the top and just keep the meta changing. 

I can assure you ... that's not accepted by many players on these forums. Besides, even if we get balance patches, they aren't guaranteed to shake up the meta. We have had lots of patches in the past that didn't do that. People just don't want to accept that Anet isn't going to engineer meta for them. If they want to play meta classes, they can choose to do so ... or they can wait around for it to happen rather randomly from Anet's game changes. Either way, we know complaining about what is and isn't meta isn't very effective. The misinformation about how the game works can't become the standard narrative here. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 5