Underwater content?

Reborn.1738

5 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

only one of them?

I admit I haven't tested most of the others in underwater content at all, but mechanist at least loses pretty much all of its traits, toolbelt, mech, and half the abilities from its signets and weapons when underwater.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lynx.9058 said:

I admit I haven't tested most of the others in underwater content at all, but mechanist at least loses pretty much all of its traits, toolbelt, mech, and half the abilities from its signets and weapons when underwater.

It is ever so slightly concerning that the main feature of a class isn't available underwater. Which is odd because when I played my Engineer years ago (pre Elite specs) I remember it being pretty decent under the sea, although that may have been just new player things.

What do you call a Mechanist that goes underwater if they can't use their mech in that case? Just Anist?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reborn.1738 said:

What do you call a Mechanist that goes underwater if they can't use their mech in that case? Just Anist?

You call them an ambulance, because they're going to get wrecked by a pack of lads in record time.

But yeah, I agree that it's concerning how many specs completely leave out the underwater experience. I understand UW content hasn't really gotten any development lately, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are still events, points of interest, and other nice things down there, some of which are required for collections and achievements later in the game. That elite specs are so hamstrung just makes them feel even more rushed. Even if they never touch UW content again, I still feel like the various classes and specs should be able to interact comfortably with what already exists.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Personally love UW combat and I think GW2 has the best UW combat of most MMOs so they really should devote some resources to it or remove and refund underwater legendaries since they have no intention of ever expanding on it. I really hope they go with the first option and and more, UW meta would be enough, just something.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

They really should add the three underwater weapons to gen 3. That news was a HUGE let down 😥

Was it though? I mean, given that Gen 2 didn't have underwater weapons, did you actually expect them?

Mind you, as they are part of a themed set (as in just another Aurene weapon with the same general look and special effects) you would think that it would be relatively easy to add them.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Was it though? I mean, given that Gen 2 didn't have underwater weapons, did you actually expect them?

Mind you, as they are part of a themed set (as in just another Aurene weapon with the same general look and special effects) you would think that it would be relatively easy to add them.

It was in the respect that if they didn't include them it truly does imply that they are done with significant underwater content. It would have been the perfect way to say they believe in the underwater stuff and they straight up didn't. My fault for being hopeful. The game still rocks though!

20 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I expect that their metrics show that almost no one makes underwater legendaries.

That is unlikely a consideration. They gave up on UW skins a long, long time ago so UW legendaries weren’t going to happen if no other skins were being added over the last 7-8 years. This is part of a larger decision to discontinue underwater content. No one is going to make them if there is nowhere to use it.

Well… except me of course… I do love my Kraitkin

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Its wierd to me water content has seemingly been abandoned because having unlimited access to the full ZY axis is similiar to unlimited flight. Also, the deep SEA dragon is the next Elder dragon to deal with so why wouldn't some of that be the release? I have a suspicion EOD is going to be just Cantha and end with a cliffhanger for DSD in the next LW release.

4 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

You call them an ambulance, because they're going to get wrecked by a pack of lads in record time.

But yeah, I agree that it's concerning how many specs completely leave out the underwater experience. I understand UW content hasn't really gotten any development lately, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are still events, points of interest, and other nice things down there, some of which are required for collections and achievements later in the game. That elite specs are so hamstrung just makes them feel even more rushed. Even if they never touch UW content again, I still feel like the various classes and specs should be able to interact comfortably with what already exists.

They still need to invest Dev time into UW combat....maybe not UW content then. The mechanist has only 1 mech attk and specter underwater is nonexistant because....we don't have access to the weapons that support. I forgot to play all new elites underwater but if the majority of the skills can't be used underwater...that will further estrange us from UW combat/content. Dailies are still done with events UW, and one fractal entirely UW, so they should put SOME effort into the combat mechanics at least.

12 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Expected? No. Hoped for them? Yes, i did.

Like you said, adding 3 more skins for an unified thematic set is not a massive undertaking. They could have done it, had they only wanted. I'm quite sure that it was not the resource costs that was behind the decision to not include those skins for any weapon skin set (including the newest legendary ones), but rather Anet's desire to have people forget underwater content even exists.

Which is a shame.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

Its wierd to me water content has seemingly been abandoned because having unlimited access to the full ZY axis is similiar to unlimited flight. Also, the deep SEA dragon is the next Elder dragon to deal with so why wouldn't some of that be the release? I have a suspicion EOD is going to be just Cantha and end with a cliffhanger for DSD in the next LW release.

There are still the possibilities that Selbbub emerges onto land, or that Arenanet gets rid of it off-screen.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Lynx.9058 said:

All Specter skills are lost underwater.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

I would be upset if they killed the DSD off screen.

I think the majority of players would be upset about that. But there already are things that have been resolved off-screen within the context of the upcoming expansion that players wanted to see ingame and deal with.

I've seen quite some people wanting do deal with the Ministry of Purity, which already is gone.

We now know that the removal of non-humans never really happened, so players will likely not take part in re-settling Tengu in Cantha (which also is what some people would've liked to see).

And then there also are players wanted to see the petrification of the Echovald Forest and the Jade Sea being partially reverted. Both of which are unlikely to happen since the forest is completely overgrown now and the petrification of the Jade Sea hasn't been reverted at all.

Basically, all the loose plot threads that were available prior to the announcement effectively have been excised, so that Arenanet could make something new and mostly unrelated.

It's far from unthinkable that Selbbub will be resolved off-screen as well, despite players wanting to deal with it.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

We now know that the removal of non-humans never really happened, so players will likely not take part in re-settling Tengu in Cantha (which also is what some people would've liked to see).

Uhh no, the removal of non humans did happen, the Tengu just hid it out in the Echovald.

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And then there also are players wanted to see the petrification of the Echovald Forest and the Jade Sea being partially reverted. Both of which are unlikely to happen since the forest is completely overgrown now and the petrification of the Jade Sea hasn't been reverted at all.

Except we see  things like waterfalls and moving water on the Jade sea map showing that at least some of the jade/water likely reverted. Same with the Echovald.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

Uhh no, the removal of non humans did happen, the Tengu just hid it out in the Echovald.

The very fact the the Tengu hid rather than being removed is proof that the removal did not happen.

The Ministry tried to do it, but that one fact shows that they failed to do it.

10 hours ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

Except we see  things like waterfalls and moving water on the Jade sea map showing that at least some of the jade/water likely reverted. Same with the Echovald.

They have said that the water comes from other places. They mentioned rain during the map preview, which I assume is the biggest factor.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3

I think GW2 has the best underwater combat any rpg ever had.

And I still find myself disliking it. I think the issue for me is how bad it is to measure distance and vertical spacing while underwater, often with no point of reference.

Edited by Ellye.9123
  • Like 2