How about relinking every 4h?

Even the current very-restricted linking system seems to me very useful for 4h matches with relink for every match.

Advantages i see:

- You can choose with which guild you want to play for every 4h-slot, you don't have to stick to your choice for the next 7 days, e.g. my roaming guild in the morning, my gvg-guild at 8pm, my .... (optimally you can choose not only the next period, but make & store choices for all the slots of the next week and change then till X min before that slot)

- Linking mistakes can automatically disappear after 4h, they don't last a week.

- the coverage/time-zone-balance problem can be solved very nicely: make the number of tiers depended on the expected play-hours in that slot, e.g. only 1 tier in the night, even 6 in prime-time. (of course the statistics gathered per alliance/guild need to be refined to these 4h slots for that)

- Instead of a world-ranking, every alliance (guild for now) get credit for the 4h match and is ranked. The "what do I fight for"-problem can be solved that way.

Disadvantage may be:

- defense maybe less worthy, but I think that could be handled, by a higher multiplier for upgraded possesions.

What do you think?

Edited by Dayra.7405

33 minutes ago, Counterakt.9106 said:

Why do you play an MMO? Go play Call of duty.

Because I would like large scale SN fights all around the clock, not only from 19-23.

Much more action in offtime with my proposal, that's the main point why I made it.

The problem of integrating different groups I am involved in is the second. This way I can split my time accordingly and don't have to choose between just one and ignore all others.

And, lol, I still think that people read a text before they comment on it 🙂

Edited by Dayra.7405

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Pretty sure this didn't work for eotm.

It's not like eotm. You choose your team-part for every wvw-match as you do in the alliance-system, your team has the same fixed 4 wvw-maps (EB+3BLs), while in eotm you are scattered over several different unnamed and unadressable instances of your color. Only the random and other alliances and the enemies switch more often than planned in the alliance system so far.

Edited by Dayra.7405

17 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

It's not like eotm. You choose your team-part for every wvw-match as you do in the alliance-system, your team has the same fixed 4 wvw-maps (EB+3BLs), while in eotm you are scattered over several different unnamed and unadressable instances of your color. Only the random and other alliances switch more often than planned in the alliance system so far.

Sorry still not a system I want to play.