[Walk] Above Water: A Christian Community, PvE/Social, SoR, NA-EST

Aaricia.9758

Welcome to the most sarcastic and sassy Christian community known as Above Water. Our love language is spoken through reaction gifs and just the right amount of trolling. We're a new(er) PvE/Social guild in Tyria that is simply looking to foster friendships, kinships, and a sense of community that extends beyond gaming. While it is true that our love of gaming is what initially draws us together, it is our love of Christ that binds us as brothers and sisters. We'll support you in Tyria and IRL.

We're so very excited to be exploring the world of Tyria and we welcome you to come along as we shake suspicious bushes, fill golden hearts, leap off of cliffsides, and drag less-than-enthusiastic members through Jumping Puzzles. We're a PvE community that has some loose interest in WvW and non-serious PvP---but the majority of our shenanigans take place in the form of beating up dragons in story mode, slaying Kitty Golems in low-level fractals (we're working towards T4, but we're also filthy casuals in comparison to T4 runners), and doing our PvE dailies.

Above Water is also eagerly awaiting to spread our roots into other realms like Verra (Ashes of Creation), Terminus (Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen), and Palia (Palia). Anyone who joins us will have a home in those worlds and will never be alone in their new adventures.

Quick facts about us:
  1. Christian and Family-friendly.
    1. Conversations with adults without the adult-rated content.
    2. We don't cuss, curse, or use profanities.
    3. We are sarcastic and enjoy joking around.
  2. Provide fellowship beyond gaming.
    1. We have weekly prayer/Bible studies.
    2. An ongoing Prayer Request channel for anyone who needs/wants prayer outside of our Prayer meeting.
  3. Encourage faith-based discussions.
    1. We all walk different paths, but we encourage our members to walk with God and to openly discuss theology in a constructive and caring manner.
  4. Fun as it's meant to be.
    1. We believe that games are meant to be fun, so we won't make demands of our members when it comes to dedicated playtime, playstyles, or builds. If you want advice, we've got you. If you want to run rogue with your own setup, we support that too.
    2. We play a variety of games including Valheim, Tribes of Midgard, Baldur's Gate 3, Divinity: Original Sin 2, and Jackbox Party Games, and we're looking into starting an online D&D night.
  5. We're growing.
    1. We don't require 100% representation in GW2. We only ask that you regularly participate in our Comms to the best of your abilities. It's hard to build camaraderie if members don't communicate with one another. :classic_wink:
If you're interested in learning more about us, please visit our site and if you're ready to join us, we invite you to complete an application to come Above Water with us. Oh! Also, we don't use Discord---instead, we use Guilded. :classic_cool:

Family-friendly non-Christians are welcome to join us! Don't feel that you have to be a Christian to join us as family-friendly oriented people can thrive in Above Water so long as they're open to Christian thought and discussion. If that's not your cup of tea, we get it and we wish you the best in finding a place to call home.

Use the "Confused" reaction to show your support for our community!

Videos of Above Water
Edited by Aaricia.9758
Overhauling information.
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

• Aaricia.9758 changed the title to [Walk] Above Water: A Christian Community, PvE, SoR, NA-EST

I literally just got the game. My first taste of an MMO was New World but I can't say that it was a good taste, you know? The game wasn't all that great and the community was, um, interesting. I did learn from New World that I don't want to be a part of another company that cusses a whole lot. I play in the living room where the rest of my family is and I don't need everyone looking my way when someone in coms is dropping f-bombs. The death stare from the fam isn't comfortable.

I like that your company is already looking to future games. I like the idea of going into AoC with a community I'm already established in. Just a quick question: if you're all new to Guild Wars 2, how helpful can I expect the Walk company to be?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, ruralrouteroyalty.7294 said:

I like that your company is already looking to future games. I like the idea of going into AoC with a community I'm already established in. Just a quick question: if you're all new to Guild Wars 2, how helpful can I expect the Walk company to be?

That's a good question. Our community is definitely smaller with there be only a handful of us that play, but of those who play we have a few that are Guild Wars 2 veterans. They had been playing since the launch of GW2, some since Guild Wars 1 but for various reasons left the game. To be honest, I left GW2 for awhile because I was bored and I've only recently returned because New World made me re-appreciate all the good of the game. Lol.

As for how helpful you can expect the guild to be, we're all good about dropping what we're doing to tag-along with someone who either needs help in a story or who just wants the company taking down a champion, clearing a zone, or what have you. So I think it's fair to say that we're a hands on group that you can expect steady and reliable support from.

Most of us are working on one story chapter or another. Members have personal goals like getting all the mounts, taming all the ranger pets, or unlocking enough hero points for the new specializations coming in End of Dragons and we're all helping one another achieve those goals.

You said you're new to the game, so we'd be down for helping you through your personal story, getting map completion, and gear progression---unless you have another goal in mind?

• Confused 1

That sounds like a good deal. I don't have any goals in mind other than experiencing the game to the fullest before the new xpac drops.

I do have another concern though. The prayer meetings seems like an awesome thing but I've always been the type to pray in privacy. I'd be happy to join the prayer meetings but does that mean I'll have to pray out loud or openly share personal prayers?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ruralrouteroyalty.7294 said:

The prayer meetings seems like an awesome thing but I've always been the type to pray in privacy. I'd be happy to join the prayer meetings but does that mean I'll have to pray out loud or openly share personal prayers?

Oh gosh, no. We won't make anyone share more than what they want or publicly pray if they're not comfortable. We don't do anything pushy. :classic_smile:

I hope to see you apply. We've had a few more people join us since posting this, so you'll find yourself among good company of other returning players. 

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

Our community is still actively recruiting for GW2.

Also,

1. Bible Studies have begun! We're starting with the Book of John.
  2. Weekly Prayer Meetings on Saturday evenings.
  3. Monthly Community Game Nights (Jackbox Party Games, Gartic Phone, Wingspan, etc).

We've also started a dedicated private server for anyone who is interested in ARK.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have a new video showcasing a handful of personalities from Above Water!

On 2/2/2022 at 7:08 PM, Tyr.3520 said:

Oh my , too bad you are NA, i was looking for christian guild for ages in Eu...theres one but not active..

Aw! It is too bad that we're an ocean apart from you. Have you considered starting up your own Christian guild since the one you found is inactive? 

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

We've gained some wonderful T4 Fractal coaches who have been steadily teaching members the ways of higher Fractals. If you're like me and have been too intimidated to hop into T4 Pugs, join us for a laid back group and a friendly Fractal Veteran who will help guide you through. 

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

We're steadily moving members through the tiers of Fractals. We've got a good core group that have created and crafted enough Agony Resistance to do all of T2! We're so proud of them! To see how we're doing in Fractals (and more), we have this educational video.

We're also excited to be heading into Cantha on Monday! Many of us are still grinding away on different goals, but the majority of us have achieved our largest goals (getting new mounts, finishing Seasons of the Dragons, crafting legendaries, and finishing stories). We'd be happy to have you join us. :D

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the Guild Wars 2 forums, @DutchSirRollin.2657! :) I'm glad you've taken an interest in joining our community. You'll find our application via our website at www.abovewater.net . If you decide to apply, you'll have a reply within 72 hours.

In the meantime, if you have any questions about our community I'd be happy to answer them. :D

• Confused 2

• Aaricia.9758 changed the title to [Walk] Above Water: A Christian Community, PvE/Social, SoR, NA-EST
  • 3 weeks later...

We're still recruiting for GW2.

But.

We're also playing other games together. If you're interested in games like Project Zomboid, Tribes of Midgard, Baldur's Gate 3, Divinity Original Sin 2, Jackbox Games or other games---join us for a variety of fun.

• Confused 2