EoD Legendaries: Hide weapon trail while stowed

Hello everyone!

I have a request regarding the new EoD legendaries that I hope ArenaNet will listen to. Please remove the weapon trail when the weapon is stowed. I'm a sucker for trails on weapons, but if it's "activated" while it’s stowed, it’ll create more visual clutter since the trail follows you all the time. I also feel like it fits the legendary theme better if the trail "activates" when wielded.

If we look at almost all the other legendary weapons in the game with trails such as Twilight, Sunrise, The Shining Blade, Incinerator, Bolt etc. they all do the same thing. They activate their trail upon wielding the weapon and deactivates when stowed. I believe it would be good idea to continue this approach.

In situations where weapons are usually stowed (e.g., in the cities), the activated trail draws a lot of attention away from both your character, wearing a well thought out combination of armor, as well as the stowed weapon itself. However, the contrast of the trail when wielded (e.g., in combat) will highlight the “awesomeness” of the weapons. Here, among all the other visual effects and clutter, is where the trails will make you stand out.

TL; DR: Please turn off the weapon trail while the weapon is stowed as I believe it will be too visually cluttered.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

The legendaries are already underwhelming graphically when stowed so if they reduce them even further I'll put extra 5 phospholuminescent infusions on myself as a countermeasure.

On a more serious note, what is it with this forum and requests for most insignificant things.

Edited by rune.9572
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

The aurene legendaries does look very flashy, and it's always sad for me, because I have to turn the graphics settings all the way down. I don't get to see them all, but i guess thats another topic.

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Have we seen weapon-trails on stowed Gen 3 Legendary weapons? I could not find anything on the Wiki (or to add?).

Guild Chat episode 116 on youtube showchases two of the legendaries in-game.

3 hours ago, rune.9572 said:

On a more serious note, what is it with this forum and requests for most insignificant things.

But how should we voice our opinions then? The devs won't know what is important for playes if we dont' tell them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 12/9/2021 at 12:58 PM, rune.9572 said:

The legendaries are already underwhelming graphically when stowed so if they reduce them even further I'll put extra 5 phospholuminescent infusions on myself as a countermeasure.

I do not think the new legendaries are underwhelming graphically when stowed. I think the weapons do look fine themselves, and the weapon effects such as the weapons trails and shooting animations (from what we saw of the shortbow) looks very pretty. And I can't wait to see them showcase the different themes of the legendaries they're bringing to the game!

So my post is not about ArenaNet removing or changing the animations or visual effects, but just to "deactivate" the weapon trail when the weapon is stowed to not shift the attention from the armor you put together aswell as the weapon model itself when you run around out of combat.

But as soon as you draw your weapon, when you wield the weapons in hand, I want all the special effects they have showcased!  

On 12/9/2021 at 12:58 PM, rune.9572 said:

If I am going to grind for hours to obtain these new legendaries and then look at them for hours on end, I do feel it's a significant matter. Hence why I voice my opinion on this subject.

23 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Have we seen weapon-trails on stowed Gen 3 Legendary weapons? I could not find anything on the Wiki (or to add?).

As @Daidalost.1048 pointed out; ArenaNet showcased two of their new legendaries (the shortbow and the daggers) in their Guild Chat Episode 116. I'll provide the link:

I've tried adding the timestamp. If that didn't work go to around 16:47 to watch the showcase of the two new legendaries.

23 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Which Gen 1 and Gen 2/2.5 Legendary Weapons have stowed weapon-trails? 

As far as I'm aware it's only Bifrost which has it's weapon trail "activated" while stowed. Every other legendary weapon with weapon trails "deactivates" it while stowed.

• Like 3

Yeah it definetly becomes too much, when the effect is on, when stowed.

The weapons you're talking about already has a nice flowing effect while stowed and it think the trail takes away from that effect. 

It also clashes with armor set and the like, and even overshadows the rest of the armor.

The trails in combat, shows the weapons movement and attacks really well, so I wouldn't remove that, but it definetly becomes too much when stowed

So I agree on this one 🙂

• Like 3