PVE legendary armor

Ghis.9016

46 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You still have to do plenty of pve other then raids to craft your legendary armor so yea it is the whole pve modes armor.

Comparing a WvW armor set, which can be done by pursuing practically any kind of WvW gameplay to an armor set that is mode-locked to a very narrow and not very popular submode of PvE is erroneous at best, dishonest at worst.

If envoy armor was as "restrictive" for PvE players as WvW armor is for WvW players, we would not be having this discussion.

Edit: Asking how someone can get PvE legendary armor without doing raids, is equivalent to someone asking how they can get WvW legendary armor without participating in GvG. The difference being, that the answer for PvE is "you can't", while for WvW is "just do whatever you like".

That is the real comparison here.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

18 hours ago, Ogwom.7940 said:

I am thinking they might release a new PvE legendary set with their new EoD strike missions.

I could be wrong.

Strike Missions were created as a way to bridge the gap to get people interested in raids/ raid type game play. Anet did say they would rework strike mission currencies, but I don't think they will make them identical to what you receive in raids/ nor should they be. 

I have argued for an open world legendary armor, and have met the same wall of resistance from the player base. I think we just got the most we will ever get for open world legendary items (the amulet and precursor if you bought EoD).

• Like 1

Wow, I did not thaught it would cause such reactions.  Just to clarify, I do raids, but have a hard time doing them, because when I'm lucky, I can play for 15 to 20 minutes without being disturbed for work or familly reason.  And I never have a regular schedule so it is hard to plan in advance for a group to do raids.  I don't want also to start raiding with a group of 9 other players and in the middle of the raid say "sorry I got to go for emergency at work" because I'm on call 24/7.  I want to enjoy the game and since builds changes all the time (due ballance patch or new spec) it takes so much inventory space to keep armor set for condi, power, heal, etc then.  That is the reason why I want a legendary armor, one set to rull them all 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

But, it is.  So....

Yup, it is. And he knows that, which is why he keeps avoiding addressing that fact and instead just tries to wiggle his way around with nonsensical questions like the one you've quoted above. At this point it's the situation, where he understands it, but just doesn't want to admit it. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Oh, so now raids became a totality of PvE? and non-raid pve content suddenly stopped existing?

Pve armor also includes other pve content than just raids, so no.

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Comparing a WvW armor set, which can be done by pursuing practically any kind of WvW gameplay to an armor set that is mode-locked to a very narrow and not very popular submode of PvE is erroneous at best, dishonest at worst.

Pretty sure I've already explained to you in the past why competitive modes obviously will have different requirements of acquisition due to not being co-operative modes, but if you want to pretend otherwise by comparing two completely different modes... oh well.

Hope all the confused emotes help you cope with reality going against your entitlem feelings, guys 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

5 hours ago, Dami.5046 said:

This armour could just be an upgrade to the normal ascended gear, thus keeping that look.

Except PvE doesn't even have a related ascended armor set that isn't tied to raids. If they want to keep things consistent they could make another unique "ley-line tentacle" set for PvE with the option to upgrade it to legendary for functionality but the "normal ascended gear" is an overarching set and would therefore be a rather unfitting choice. 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

Except PvE doesn't even have a related ascended armor set that isn't tied to raids. If they want to keep things consistent they could make another unique "ley-line tentacle" set for PvE with the option to upgrade it to legendary for functionality but the "normal ascended gear" is an overarching set and would therefore be a rather unfitting choice. 

I disagree. Why should they keep things consistent? They didn't with the new amulet. They don't need to make 'another set' if all the ascended armour would be in essence a component of the MF craft which is the same for wvw/pvp. In fact you need two sets anyway.

The only thing they need to do is make it on 'par' with the work the other sets need and jobs a good one.  

4 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

I disagree.

On what? That PvE does not have a unique set of ascended armor that isn't tied raids? Well you can disagree with it all you want but this is just a fact.

5 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

Why should they keep things consistent?

Read, I said "If they want to keep things consistent they could".

8 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

They don't need to make 'another set' if all the ascended armour would be in essence a component of the MF craft which is the same for wvw/pvp. In fact you need two sets anyway.

Except this is not how it is in "WvW/sPvP", both of these game modes also have two game mode specific ascended armor sets in addition to the regular one and only their game mode exclusive sets can be used for the MF craft.

5 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Pretty sure I've already explained to you in the past why competitive modes obviously will have different requirements of acquisition due to not being co-operative modes, but if you want to pretend otherwise by comparing two completely different modes... oh well.

I was not the one that started that comparison, if you haven't noticed. I was the one that pointed out how dumb it was. So thank you for actually agreeing with me on this accord.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I was not the one that started that comparison, if you haven't noticed. So thank you for actually agreeing with me on this accord.

It's irrelevant "who started that comparison", I'm just pointing out what you said doesn't make much sense, because it doesn't. One mode is competitive, the other is co-operative, so by that fact alone the requirements will obviously be different. You also like to pretend in threads like this one that anyone tries to claim "raids are totality of pve", which is what you've also done above. But that's not the case, raids obviously aren't "totality of pve" and nobody else said that it is. The current pve set also requires other pve activities than just raiding. Talk about being dishonest.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 5

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's irrelevant "who started that comparison"

Indeed. That first comparison i was responding to was bad regardless of who used it.

I'm just pointing out what you said doesn't make much sense, because it doesn't.

And for me many of your arguments do not make much sense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Nice save.

It's not a save, it's a fact.

You saying it doesn't does not make it so, you know.

Yes, but it's not some empty "because I said so". As mentioned above, it has already been explained, but if you choose to ignore it, then stop pretending it's anything other than that.

e: apparently the whole post above changed into something else now. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 4

10 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's not a save, it's a fact.

Indeed, but it also gets you out of actually admitting you agreed with me on this one.

Yes, but it's not some empty "because I said so". As mentioned above, it has already been explained, but if you choose to ignore it, then stop pretending it's anything other than that.

It may have been "already explained", but i happen to disagree with that explanation. Just as you happen to disagree with my reasoning. But you already know this, because we have indeed discussed this many times over already.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Indeed, but it also gets you out of actually admitting you agreed with me on this one.

?

It may have been "already explained", but i happen to disagree with that explanation. As you already know, because we have indeed discussed this many times over already.

How can you disagree about the different reward structures between the competitive and co-operative modes? Based on what exactly?

Not only that, but you've just tried arguing that "I've agreed with you about that comparison not making much sense", but now... you somehow "disagree with it"? So which one is it?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 4

21 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's irrelevant "who started that comparison", I'm just pointing out what you said doesn't make much sense, because it doesn't. One mode is competitive, the other is co-operative, so by that fact alone the requirements will obviously be different. You also like to pretend in threads like this one that anyone tries to claim "raids are totality of pve", which is what you've also done above. But that's not the case, raids obviously aren't "totality of pve" and nobody else said that it is. The current pve set also requires other pve activities than just raiding. Talk about being dishonest.

I would say that its not the mode. Its raiding specifically that has an easier reward system in general vs. pvp/wvw or other pve means like fractals. For instance, looking only at basic ascended armor via boxes from each mode and the requirements we see that raid currency merchants have ascended armor available for less work and less material cost vs fractals, pvp or wvw merchants. Why? Because the raid merchant uses mag + gold ONLY no mark requirement AND mag ISNT hard capped like WvW skermish tickets becauase you can use and mini or ascended drops to get extra mag each week. I have an alt account I have been raiding on maybe a month that has 3-4 sets of ascended armor already thanks to the easy reward systems of raids. Granted people need to take the time to learn the do clears, but fractals isnt much different. Maybe a bit more work progression wise w a fresh account actually since you cannot use t4 lfg till you get personal level up to about 70+. Just wanted to throw that out. Also I still think the legendary armor between wvw/pvp and pve has a serious imbalance that should be addressed at some point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

I would say that its not the mode. Its raiding specifically that has an easier reward system in general vs. pvp/wvw or other pve means like fractals. For instance, looking only at basic ascended armor via boxes from each mode and the requirements we see that raid currency merchants have ascended armor available for less work and less material cost vs fractals, pvp or wvw merchants. Why? Because the raid merchant uses mag + gold ONLY no mark requirement AND mag ISNT hard capped like WvW skermish tickets becauase you can use and mini or ascended drops to get extra mag each week. I have an alt account I have been raiding on maybe a month that has 3-4 sets of ascended armor already thanks to the easy reward systems of raids. Granted people need to take the time to learn the do clears, but fractals isnt much different. Maybe a bit more work progression wise w a fresh account actually since you cannot use t4 lfg till you get personal level up to about 70+. Just wanted to throw that out. Also I still think the legendary armor between wvw/pvp and pve has a serious imbalance that should be addressed at some point.

When exactly did the discussion change to anything about just getting ascended gear from x content? Pretty sure this isn't anything we were talking about here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 4

On 12/9/2021 at 6:45 AM, Ghis.9016 said:

Quick question, why is the legendary armor for PVE is still locked with raids achievements if it is discarded by Anet?  They should change the way to aquire it.  And not only tied to a 10 players group content.  

Because the entire pve legendary armor set was designed with that in mind including the collections which will always use w 1-4 which will remain available and if anything are liable to become easier over time w power creep.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

On what? That PvE does not have a unique set of ascended armor that isn't tied raids? Well you can disagree with it all you want but this is just a fact.

Read, I said "If they want to keep things consistent they could".

Except this is not how it is in "WvW/sPvP", both of these game modes also have two game mode specific ascended armor sets in addition to the regular one and only their game mode exclusive sets can be used for the MF craft.

Firstly I disagree with your statement that PvE needs another set to make it work for an upgrade. I have made a pvp set and a wvw set and i know all about the fact they need a different ascended to the 'crafted one' (although you can craft the grand master marks).The crafted one would then become, 'the pve set' it's different to the rest, right?

I don't why you need to get bringing in the ranked gear, I don't need that to make a legendary set, or why you are apposed to 'a good amount' of the player base finally being able to get a set of gear.

Anyway, it's a moot point if i'm to be honest, it's quite clear anet won't bring an upgrade in and thus the 'argument' you and your friends pose is one sided.  

Edited by Dami.5046
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Dami.5046 said:

I don't why you need to get bringing in the ranked gear, I don't need that to make a legendary set, or why you are apposed to 'a good amount' of the player base finally being able to get a set of gear.

A "good amount" of the player base is already able to get a set of gear, they just don't want to complete the content for the reward, instead apparently they think they're entitled to a reward no matter what. And it's ok for them to make that decision [to not go for legendary items], since they're not losing any power by playing with ascended gear. If they don't want to improve/expand/branch out/call it however you want then it's their decision to make, but it's also weird to claim they need an upgrade from ascended gear for anything, since they don't. Legenedary gear isn't power creeping ascended one.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

On 12/10/2021 at 7:52 AM, UnDeadFun.5824 said:

Strike Missions were created as a way to bridge the gap to get people interested in raids/ raid type game play. Anet did say they would rework strike mission currencies, but I don't think they will make them identical to what you receive in raids/ nor should they be. 

I have argued for an open world legendary armor, and have met the same wall of resistance from the player base. I think we just got the most we will ever get for open world legendary items (the amulet and precursor if you bought EoD).

I never said anything about them making the new strikes/currencies the same and identical as in raids.

I am just saying, since strike missions will seem like they will be different from past 10 man content, which means they might (not will) have more accessibility to the larger player base. We don't know what these new strikes will be like. So as I said before, I am not saying this as an absolute fact. Just speculation.  Just from their recent track record of locking legendaries behind certain areas of the game, is why I am making this speculation. 

In regards to open world PvE legendary armor, I am all for it. 

All the legendary weapons are open world acquired, and that's how legendries were to be crafted initially.

I would actually prefer legendaries of all types to be acquired this way. It gives more incentive for the larger playerbase to spend time in the game to acquire those things. Not everyone raids, not everyone does fractals.

I have hope since they have have 2 legendary amulets that you can acquire from 2 different game modes. Same with the legendary backpacks. Too bad the WvW and PvE armors don't have a unique design.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

19 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

When exactly did the discussion change to anything about just getting ascended gear from x content? Pretty sure this isn't anything we were talking about here.

Well If its also about people wanting another lve legendary armor set I think they need to learn to raid or go for one of the other sets. The OP was about why raid legendary, but the thread seems to be on another topic. Some times its hard to tell exactly what the "topic is"

• Like 1