Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick question, why is the legendary armor for PVE is still locked with raids achievements if it is discarded by Anet?  They should change the way to aquire it.  And not only tied to a 10 players grou

Maybe they could introduce a new legendary set but the only stats you can choose improve your onion gathering speed.    Waiting for datshaman to LEEK the data mined onion set. 

It's still tied to raids, because raids still exist in the game.

Raids haven't been "discarded", it's just that Arenanet stopped making new ones.

Unless Arenanet actually removes raids from the game, I see no need to change anything about the acquisition.

But maybe they'll introduce a new set of unique legendary armours with EoD, which may be tied to the upcoming challenge mode Strike Missions.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Several good topics have been posted on acquiring an open world legendary set. There are really good ideas there I hope anet takes into EoD.  I raid and it dont bother me in the least if they do an open world set. Imo its the functionality and QoL of the set that most important, not the looks that can be changed easy enough.

  • Like 12
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't hold my breath.

There are currently 3 methods to acquiring a legendary set.  Do we really need a 4th just because people don't like the ways they are obtained because there are difficulties in getting them? I would vote no.

I'm already a little miffed that they are lowering the cost of gen 3 legendary weapons (comparing to gen 2) and making them tradable and not taking any consideration on how costly gen 2's are.  So if they go adding more ways to obtain armor I would hope it would be comparable to the other methods currently in game. In Time, Cost, and difficulty.

  • Like 6
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Animando.7956 said:

 

A 4th method might be a good selling point for EoD content.

Most players already playing the game probably will buy eod anyways with what we know it'll deliver. Most new players won't look at "another way to get something that's initially out of their reach anyways" as "a good selling point". So pretty sure you're wrong.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

What is so confusing about what I said? Or is it you just don't like my theory? If you are confused or have a better theory, please reply back to me instead of putting an emoji.

 

I am not saying we will get a PvE legenary armor set with the new EoD strikes, just that it could be possible. It seems like they put some effort into updating the system and how it works. I would think rewards would also be taken into consideration.

 Please let me know what you are confused about, I don't see how else I could make it more clear.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So pretty sure you're wrong.

ok....glad to hear your expertise 😅

 

41 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Most players already playing the game probably will buy eod anyways with what we know it'll deliver. Most new players won't look at "another way to get something that's initially out of their reach anyways" as "a good selling point".

I don't think Anet expect to recruit lots of new players to buy the game, but rather to keep the current player base active and invested in the game (because that means more cash flow with the gem store). A new (PVE?) method to unlock the legendary armor is in my opinion a good way to encourage players to delve into the new content for many months. 

That's probably why they will give everybody a free weapon precursor.

Edited by Animando.7956
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Animando.7956 said:

ok....glad to hear your expertise 😅

You're welcome.

Quote

I don't think Anet expect to recruit lots of new players to buy the game, but rather to keep the current player base active and invested in the game (because that means more cash flow with the gem store).

Maybe. But then again they are re-explaining game mechanics in the initial EoD city (which, imo, should also be a thing in earlier expansions, but better late than never 😛 ), as well as add free mount/gliding unlocks for people not having HoT/PoF, so... Maybe what you're saying here isn't exactly as accurate as you hope it is.

Quote

A new (PVE?) method to unlock the legendary armor is in my opinion a good way to encourage players to delve into the new content for many months. 

Anyone who still needs "another way to get lege armor", apparently still has content to "delve into for many months". And you can sarcastically thank me "for my expertise", but that won't make what I said any less true, when you're pretty clearly missing some details in what you keep saying above 🤷‍♂️

(and, still, most players already playing the game probably will buy eod anyways with what we know it'll deliver.)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Excursion.9752 said:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-closer-look-at-the-guild-wars-2-end-of-dragons-legendary-weapons/

"Speaking of the resources, what are these going to cost you? Well, fair market value will be an option. Similar to the first generation of legendaries"

ty, but that's some convenient cutting job you've done here 😄 Here's the full sentence:

"Similar to the first generation of legendaries, the precursors and weapons themselves can be put up for sale on the Trading Post"

Come on. (and I'm not saying they won't be cheaper than gen 2 because I have no way of knowing that, but this is the first time I see someone mention that -and what you've linked isn't talking about the price itself, but the ability to put them on tp)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

ty, but that's some convenient cutting job you've done here 😄 Here's the full sentence:

"Similar to the first generation of legendaries, the precursors and weapons themselves can be put up for sale on the Trading Post"

Come on. (and I'm not saying they won't be cheaper than gen 2 because I have no way of knowing that, but this is the first time I see someone mention that -and what you've linked isn't talking about the price itself, but the ability to put them on tp)

Whats the fair market value of what is currently out here that is able to be sold? Gen 1's are the only legendary weapons that can be sold so the reference has to be to them. The two sentences are separate and I admit i should have only copied to the first period. But either way my original statement still holds true at least to the information that was provided. There is no market value for gen 2's because they can not be sold.

As for the precursors for sale they are going to be sky high for a few years. Unless they are easy to make. Then people would not need to buy them. So I am guessing they are talking about their "estimate" of the other parts of the legendary that makes the items, the gifts.

Yes this is speculation but I am pretty sure they are not referring to the fair market value of precursors because we all know the new items will be through the roof. So its a decent guess that they are talking about materials used to make the legendary.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Excursion.9752 said:

Whats the fair market value of what is currently out here that is able to be sold? Gen 1's are the only legendary weapons that can be sold so the reference has to be to them. The two sentences are separate and I admit i should have only copied to the first period. But either way my original statement still holds true at least to the information that was provided. There is no market value for gen 2's because they can not be sold.

As for the precursors for sale they are going to be sky high for a few years. Unless they are easy to make. Then people would not need to buy them. So I am guessing they are talking about their "estimate" of the other parts of the legendary that makes the items, the gifts.

Yes this is speculation but I am pretty sure they are not referring to the fair market value of precursors because we all know the new items will be through the roof. So its a decent guess that they are talking about materials used to make the legendary.

No, you're misunderstanding what "fair market value" means. It basically means that you can sell it for whatever others are willing to pay. If gen 2 weapons were tradeable, their "fair market value" would still reasonably be more than gen 1 weapons, because it costs more to craft gen 2. Nobody would craft more espensive legendary weapon to sell it cheaper and be at a loss. Considering the gen 3 will have an option to unlock like 6 skins per weapon, it's not out of the realm of possibility that even if the crafting price will be the same as gen1, the demand will be higher and so will be the price. Or maybe it will be easier/cheaper to craft, so in the end it will have the same/lower price than gen 1? While that would be incredibly stupid to do imo, that's not totally out of the question and is depandant on the information we don't currently have.

One way or another, nothing in that article says it will share the cost with gen 1. The only relation to gen 1 there is that "gen 3 will also be tradeable".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ghis.9016 said:

Quick question, why is the legendary armor for PVE is still locked with raids achievements if it is discarded by Anet?  They should change the way to aquire it.  And not only tied to a 10 players group content.  

Raids is the reason that i will never get one, i don't care how good the armor is, i'll not do the outdated content tied to guilds to get it.

 

Either Arena give an option to farm it in legit PVE content or tons of players will just sit around with their ascended gear.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Peter.3901 said:

Raids is the reason that i will never get one, i don't care how good the armor is, i'll not do the outdated content tied to guilds to get it.

You're free to make that decision.

Quote

Either Arena give an option to farm it in legit PVE content or tons of players will just sit around with their ascended gear.

Raids are a "legit pve content". And you're perfectly fine "sitting around with your ascended gear" if that's what you choose to do. Not like you're locked out of anything without legendary items, which is why it's simply not a problem.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You're free to make that decision.

Raids is a "legit pve content". And you're perfectly fine "sitting around with your ascended gear" if that's what you choose to do. Not like you're locked out of anything without legendary items, which is why it's simply not a problem.

Raids should be an option and not an obligation, they are boring and outdated, and will kill the game if they keep this way.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peter.3901 said:

Raids should be an option and not an obligation, they are boring and outdated, and will kill the game if they keep this way.

They are an option -and so are the rewards. That was exactly the point, did you read what I wrote?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Peter.3901 said:

Raids should be an option and not an obligation, they are boring and outdated, and will kill the game if they keep this way.

One- they are an option. There are two other ways to get the functionality of legendary armor, and exotic is sufficient for all content anyways

 

boring- completely subjective. I am not a huge fan of them myself (there are a few encounters I enjoy, but not all) but one opinion, even mine, does not objectively make them boring

 

will kill the game if they keep this way- they already are not keeping the game this way. They stated strikes are what the focus is on at least for the time being, though it does sound like they are going to be sort of a middle ground between current raids and current strikes

 

if you want a particular shiny that is locked behind certain content, do the content

Edited by genjonah.1253
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...