EoD legendary staff request

I don't think the legendary weapons have anything to do with you not liking staff skins so I am going to leave that out of my reply.

It sounds like you want a staff recommendation, the game has close to 300 staff skins, can you really not find one you like? What do you mean by "actual battle staff" btw? Something with a spike on the end? A club? What? There are at least 2 skins with battlestaff in their name, what are you looking for?

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And yeah, there are already "actual battle staves fitting daredevil" in the game.

None of them are legendary. 

10 minutes ago, Turial.1293 said:

I don't think the legendary weapons have anything to do with you not liking staff skins so I am going to leave that out of my reply.

It sounds like you want a staff recommendation, the game has close to 300 staff skins, can you really not find one you like? What do you mean by "actual battle staff" btw? Something with a spike on the end? A club? What? There are at least 2 skins with battlestaff in their name, what are you looking for?

Yes there is 1. It was only obtainable through Black Lion box gambling, which I refuse to participate in. And you cant buy it on TP. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

Am I missing some context as to the tone in replies?  Daredevil as a class uses melee staff - the two current existing legendary staffs are not aesthetically designed as melee weapons.  There are multiple legendary staff designs coming with EoD, and Chrysaliss is requesting that at least one of them be suited to melee fighting, due to the additional effects that come with legendary weapons.

Given the end game is primarily based around aesthetics, this hardly seems like an unreasonable thing to request 😕

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

I looked on all-knowing WIki, then tried all-knowing google, and found no definitive example of either a "battlestaff" nor a "battle staff." Perhaps you need to clarify what defines one. 

Personally, I don't see why the Bifrost doesn't fit the bill. Or are the colors wrong? Must they be blood red and black?

🤷‍♂️

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I looked on all-knowing WIki, then tried all-knowing google, and found no definitive example of either a "battlestaff" nor a "battle staff." Perhaps you need to clarify what defines one. 

Personally, I don't see why the Bifrost doesn't fit the bill. Or are the colors wrong? Must they be blood red and black?

🤷‍♂️

See above. I linked the staff article , including Lightward Battlestaff and Arcane Battlestaff. Clearly your wiki searching needs some work, as the search engine was even improved since last year.

• Like 2

Dunno that you'll be getting a battle staff with the Aurene set, but I can understand wanting a legendary smacky stick now that we have specs that can use them as such. In terms of melee staves that are designed to put the hurt on and also have fancy effects, you may have to settle for Black Lion offerings, but a request for a legendary staff that looks capable of physically striking someone without breaking some time in the future seems pretty reasonable too.

Maybe with the next generation?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

There are close to 300 staff skins in the game, some look better than others and we all have our unique tastes but I refuse to believe you can't find a shiny one to suit your style in all of those skins. Demanding that it needs to legendary as well is just utterly redundant.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

46 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And that matters how exactly?

Some people actually still care about the original purpose of legendaries; long term goals for prestige purposes. And someone who wants prestige would only want to use a legendary, right? Simple 🙂

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Am I missing some context as to the tone in replies?  Daredevil as a class uses melee staff - the two current existing legendary staffs are not aesthetically designed as melee weapons.  There are multiple legendary staff designs coming with EoD, and Chrysaliss is requesting that at least one of them be suited to melee fighting, due to the additional effects that come with legendary weapons.

Given the end game is primarily based around aesthetics, this hardly seems like an unreasonable thing to request 😕

Here's what you (and apparently op) are probably missing:

1. Designing a staff fitting one espec instead of the rest of the classes makes less sense than the opposite.

2. Using "gen 3 will have mutliple skins" as an argument for that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, seeing how from what we currently know (based on the available screenshots), these will be "thematical re-skins" (as in closer to recolors with some detailing) more than any kind of actual "separate skins/models".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

40 minutes ago, Fenom.9457 said:

Some people actually still care about the original purpose of legendaries; long term goals for prestige purposes. And someone who wants prestige would only want to use a legendary, right? Simple 🙂

So is it "long term goal and prestige" or "I need a specific non-existant skin for that single espec"? 😉

Go bonk people on the head with bifrost, easy. 😁

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

59 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Dunno that you'll be getting a battle staff with the Aurene set, but I can understand wanting a legendary smacky stick now that we have specs that can use them as such. In terms of melee staves that are designed to put the hurt on and also have fancy effects, you may have to settle for Black Lion offerings, but a request for a legendary staff that looks capable of physically striking someone without breaking some time in the future seems pretty reasonable too.

Maybe with the next generation?

I agree with both of these, and I don't understand why other people seem to have so much trouble understanding what the OP is asking for.

Legendary weapons have effects which other weapons (including gem store and black lion ones) don't get, therefore the OP would like to use a legendary staff. But both the legendary staves released so far are obviously designed to be ranged weapons, the shape is wrong for a melee staff (as many of you will know having gone through the Wiki gallery identifying the existing non-legendary melee staves) and many of their effects are on visible on projectiles.

Since we know Anet is in the process of creating a set of new legendary staves the OP is asking if one of those could be designed for the professions which use it as a melee weapon. Under the circumstances it seems like a reasonable request.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

The tone of many of the replies here is disappointing at best. Whether you're correct or not, there is no good reason to respond with condescension. Do you go around irl talking to others and your peers in such a manner? If so, well, somewhere along the line this type of communication will likely come back to bite you in ways far more unpleasant than anything these forums can dish out.

To the OP: I wish you luck with your in game desires, but as others have already noted, I think such a legendary is unlikely. If for no other reason than the vast majority of legendary weapons are sparkly, shiny, and/or ornamental seeming rather than something deadly; imo of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Well, we’ve already seen the concept art for the staff for the Aurene version at least, and it’s probably safe to assume based on the preview article that the killing blow/effects will be similar to the greatsword (again, at least for the Aurene base variant). So if the concept art doesn’t agree with you, probably best idea is to just buy bifrost (again speculation, but it’s likely that bifrost, at least for some time, will be cheaper than the gen3 legendary staff on the tp) and reskin how you like

On 12/9/2021 at 7:28 PM, Chrysaliss.8720 said:

Hey,

So since legendary weapons in EoD will have multiple skins, can we PLEASE get at least 1 Staff skin that is an actual battle staff for Daredevil?

Sorry for you.

Gen3 weapons are an Aurene themed black Lion weapon set with some graphical additions. Once you get any of them you can do a couple of achievements to get each of the 6 or 7 versions of it, which are re-skins of the base weapon that look almost the same (except for some tiny differences in the wepon edges), but with different colors. 

Edited by Pirindolo.9427
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1