Backpack Warbringer

pedrophillipe.7495

So, the backpack of the world versus the world, currently you can only get it playing wvw, I don't even care if the backpack is legendary, I just like the look, I hate playing pvp, I'm a pve player, open world, apprentice of Lord Hizen hehehe, I would like if I had another alternative to at least get the warbringer look elsewhere, in the game store for example, I would spend all my money just to get the look of this backpack, but like I said, I hate pvp, I get really nervous, so I prefer PVE , wouldn't the developers be able to make available at least the visual, in the form of an exotic backpack, for example, in the game store through cash? or the fractal, I don't know, I'll take it through wvw it will take 6 years, I'd like the look now ^^, I don't care about legendary backpacks, I just want the look, please think carefully, I've already put money in the game, I plan to put more xD

ps:I used google translator so sorry for the spelling mistakes. ^^

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warbringer

Takes about 8 weeks if you grind it and finish Diamond every week. 
Just finishing Wood = 164 weeks
Bronze = 66 weeks
Silver = 34 weeks
Gold = 21 weeks
Plat = 14 weeks
Mithril = 10 weeks

Oh and also I like the PvE legendary skins but I don't care about legendary so can I just have them because I don't like PvE. 🙂 

I want the new amulet skin but I don't want to do the return achievements, anet please. 

Good luck in WvW!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, pedrophillipe.7495 said:

So, the backpack of the world versus the world, currently you can only get it playing wvw, I don't even care if the backpack is legendary, I just like the look, I hate playing pvp, I'm a pve player, open world, apprentice of Lord Hizen hehehe, I would like if I had another alternative to at least get the warbringer look elsewhere, in the game store for example, I would spend all my money just to get the look of this backpack, but like I said, I hate pvp, I get really nervous, so I prefer PVE , wouldn't the developers be able to make available at least the visual, in the form of an exotic backpack, for example, in the game store through cash? or the fractal, I don't know, I'll take it through wvw it will take 6 years, I'd like the look now ^^, I don't care about legendary backpacks, I just want the look, please think carefully, I've already put money in the game, I plan to put more xD

And I would like a stat swapping amulet or accessories without doing PvE.

Honestly, I would like it if they did make skins ect available for people outside of WvW, as long as they make things outside WvW available in WvW and made the gold income comparable.

Edited by Littlekenny.4196
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, pedrophillipe.7495 said:

Somewhere I remember reading that when two people are in a conflict, the one who "wins" gets a rush of positive chemicals to the brain that make them feel really good. The one who "loses" gets a flood of negative chemicals that make them feel bad. Don't know if that's true, but I do know that, being as old and slow as I am, I had to consciously learn to not let dying in WvW upset me. These days I do my best to just take it in stride. Atm, the alt I am currently using the most in WvW has died 2,941 times or an average of 3.54 deaths an hour. Given all that, I've still earned two full sets of leggy armor in WvW and am currently working on my third. Once I get the third set done, I'll start on the backpack.

The reason for saying all this is that you don't have to be nervous about dying in WvW. You just need to take it more casually. It does take time to learn the game mode. Finding a beginner friendly WvW guild will definitely help. But as @Zikory.6871said, you can earn the backpack in as little as 8 weeks if you grind it, longer if you want to grind less. It really is doable.

I'm all for just adding the skin to the gemstore as I personally dislike it and will immediately hide it with an actual gemstore skin anyway.  

Never understood the fuss of 'showing off' legendary armor as almost all of it is fugly compared to what you can get in the actual gemstore or other game skins.  Considering you can buy actual gen 1 legendaries using a credit card and no one would know, don't see the difference here, especially if it's just the skin.  

6 hours ago, Littlekenny.4196 said:

And I would like a stat swapping amulet or accessories without doing PvE.

Honestly, I would be like it of they did make skins ect available for people outside of WvW, as long as they make things outside WvW available in WvW and made the gold income comparable.

Technically they did make things outside of WvW available in WvW, it's how I got most of the materials for Aurora and now Vision.  In PvE you'd actually have to try to get the region achievements...in WvW you just YOLO afk a track and get the same thing.  

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Never understood the fuss of 'showing off' legendary armor as almost all of it is fugly compared to what you can get in the actual gemstore or other game skins.

Cause legendary stuff takes time to grind. Just buying it would 1000000% defeat the feel of any legendary item, it’s meant to be prestiege.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If I could I'd swap with the OP. It's easier for me to make Warbringer than either of the other legendary backpacks but I don't like the skin and will likely never use it, so if I could I'd be happy to trade it for a different legendary backpack made by someone else.

Although I'm not actually sure which one I will make yet. Warbringer is easy for me because it just requires playing WvW normally, but I can't play enough to complete the skirmish reward track in a week and keep getting frustrated and feeling burned out at putting everything else on hold only to end up missing 1/2 the tickets each week anyway, because they're so heavily weighted towards the end of the track.

So I started making Ad Infinitum, but then I got fed up with needing to farm Fractal Relics (I can only do T1 right now, so that's also quite slow) and came back to WvW for the beta. Now the beta is over I'll probably go back to Fractals, in between other PvE stuff, and come back to WvW sometime later.

It might end up that I make whichever one I get done first. Although if I don't make Warbringer I can just use the skirmish tickets and other stuff for legendary armour, if I don't make Ad Infinitum some of the materials I put into it will be wasted, so I might need to decide before then.

(And annoyingly Ascension is the one I like most, but I don't want to deal with PvP so I'm not even considering that.)

6 hours ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

Cause legendary stuff takes time to grind. Just buying it would 1000000% defeat the feel of any legendary item, it’s meant to be prestiege.

The only grind gate for Warbringer is tickets, everything else you can credit card.  Same thing with all gen 1 legendary weapons...which is why I never see these as prestige. 

Closest you are getting to 'prestige' is probably armor, which really only applies to raid armor as WvW has no unique look so I hide all my legendary armor. 

I guess Aurora, Vision, etc. as well because those do actually take playing the game; PvP red orb prob most 'prestige' as it takes skill / ranked wins to get.

But Warbringer? As bad as the Fractal backpack, whenever I see them I don't really pay any mind because super easy to get.  

The kind of people who will corpse hop you will do that even if a full zerg just ran you over and they did almost nothing. Most people don't do that. Most of my time in WvW at this point feels like keeping up with events on pve maps. Take that approach to it and observe how the different parts of the population move around and how to read map indicators so you can get ahead of the action a little or at least keep up.

Keep yourself ready to bounce though like you would during a dangerous boss phase or something instead of waiting on the commander to move you. If you can read how maps breath and how groups/squads form up or notice when they're plotting, you should be able to hold onto a good kill/objective rate. 

I’m a competitive only player and quite like the flexibility offered by legendary trinkets and weapons. Perhaps we could just add them to the gem store or make them attainable from only WvW so I can get them? PvE is boring and I don’t want to do it. 

If we can do that, then I 100% support putting wvw legendaries in pve.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/9/2021 at 8:59 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

It's ideal to make a WVW character so you don't waste exp boosters in PVE and also to use full +18 +5 WvW infusions. They aren't going to suddenly make skins available to PVE.

That's probably true for OP and many folks, though...

WvW infusions work just fine in pve too, except for fractals. As a result, I make characters just for fractals since agony infusions are useless eveywhere else. And of course those that don't do fractals at all can just get wvw infusions.

I guess the XP booster is an issue but I don't have many of those anyways.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

On 12/9/2021 at 9:50 PM, Zikory.6871 said:

Oh and also I like the PvE legendary skins but I don't care about legendary so can I just have them because I don't like PvE. 🙂

Technically you can craft and sell Eternity and keep 2 legendary skins in the process, just need a good bit of gold.

On 12/10/2021 at 7:52 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

The only grind gate for Warbringer is tickets

No it's not. You also need WvW level 500 which, doing regular objectives, can take hundreds of hours.

On 12/10/2021 at 2:59 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

but then I got fed up with needing to farm Fractal Relics

Then don't farm for them. Just do the T1 dailies + the rec. and you'll be done soon enough.

Edited by Tails.9372

44 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

Then don't farm for them. Just do the T1 dailies + the rec. and you'll be done soon enough.

That's what I mean by farming them.

I'm not the type of person to run a fixed routine of dailies, meta events etc. every day. If I tried to do that I'd never have time for anything else, and I get bored with doing the same stuff over and over so I only do dailies and things when I actually need to.

5 hours ago, koxsos.6258 said:

Technically you can craft and sell Eternity and keep 2 legendary skins in the process, just need a good bit of gold.

I'm being facetious, the only limiting part of Legendary Weapons for WvW players is the Gift of Exploration. Everything else, whether it be mats or Gold can be earned in WvW. For example, I'm about 5-6 months from finishing the last 4 Gift of Prosperity I need for med armor. I could grind it out in PvE but meh, why do something not fun.

8 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

No it's not. You also need WvW level 500 which, doing regular objectives, can take hundreds of hours.

You can apply boosters for that though, and follow a zerg around any map to up your rank gain.  What I meant by timegate is there is no way to speed up skirmish ticket gain as boosters do not affect pips.