Bot Favoritism!?!?!?!

Ok, PLEASE guys, please tell me im not the only person that notices this. So on a map like Silverwastes theres dudes that are 100% can confirm ABSOLUTELY bots! Without a shout of a doubt, or whatever the expression is ;D. Some of them get banned but some literally never get banned ever??? Why is thiss? Why are certain bots granted ban immunity and other bots are not? Like, theres obvious veteran bots that I've seen since like years ago that are never banned ever, and there being operated 24/7. Anytime I log in to silverwastes, anytime of day. Hes still running the same course, bugging out when monsters attack him when hes looting a box for 5-10 seconds then after that long akward pause its script kicks in and it kills the monster and proceeds. Have ppl given up on reporting bots??? I dont think thats the case. Ive seen account that are pretty obviously bots, like ppl with no dyes and startup armor. But I dont want to lose sight of the FOCUS of the Topic, is it time to leave Gw2 for good bc of corruption within the system of bot favoritism? In pvp theres a few bronze bots that have never been banned, and have run every season, every day, all day and not banned. And its the same people doing it, same character even. Its as if there aware of there immunity and dont even bother trying to hide it anymore. Has the community long noticed this and just not bothered talking about it because they know nothing will be done? And if that is the case, which it to me is beginning to look that way. Has Anet given up on Gw2? Theres an expac coming out but I am beginning to feel like this is a last hoorah, money grab for them perhaps? I love this game, It has brought me thousands literally hours of joy, with the good and the bad and the ups and the downs. I really mean that I love it, its cute its fun! I guess I have been a loyal player for 10 years not and Im just grasping at straws in a matter of ethics. We already know that people in this underground corrupt inner circle have received THOUSANDS of duped precious items, such as Chak, and Queen bee infusions, How many more people have these duped items? All the meanwhile I've personally spent money on the game, because I legitimately enjoy it and want to see it grow in a positive light. Maybe im the only person dumb enough to think that things could change for the better. Idk, what do you guys think? I hope you all are doing good and much Holiday love for everyone going into Christmas season!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

I don’t know much about coding or Makro but for the bot to locate those chests all across the map when they are in set random places and needs a shovel to be dug up seems a bit unreal to be able to do. How do you know it’s not just a laggy player that loves to do silverwaste? 

You can’t do anything else then report them and move on. Assuming everyone is a bot and claiming you know they are is wrong. That some of them goes away and get banned is a sign anet takes action against them and it means the rest of the ones you assume to be bots is not. I see it a lot in farming spots like istan. And for sure some do bot and should get banned but there are also ppl assumed to be bots there when they are not breaking the rules. Some ppl will say it’s not allowed and some will say it is when you’re pressing buttons manually and farm idle without the use of Makro. it’s not worth getting upset about. If someone decides to do a crime you need to trust the police to do something about it and arrest the real culprits.

happy holidays 

• Like 3

hi I came to make a similar post but I'm stepping up to yours. Although it is a blatant violation of the unattended gameplay policy, there are people who voluntarily stay afk with multiaccount and make a lot of gold without doing anything. in general and you all know it is the classes engineer, necro and ravenant, the first two are in spam farm places, I find them in istan or ember bay and in other places and I had already made posts about the lag created by these people the impossibility in certain spawn areas to complete events but sems this kitten is still allowed. the afk of the revenants is even worse, they do verdant brink and in other areas they are stopped to give boon to those who do the event in that area and take the reward without doing anything, a guild of one of the guilds I am in does quietly bragging about it in discord saying that they will never ban him because he is not against the policy, but in my opinion he is, among other things he uses an external program for the multiaccount so he is afk farm with at least 20 accounts, he told me it is 7 g per hour per character, this is really disgusting for people like me who have done their kitten to do what has in game, I hope that soon anet will ban these people forever

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

It is always nice to have a police officer, judge and jury in one.
You claim that certain accounts/characters are 100% without a doubt a bot.
I dare you to prove it beyond resonable doubt and put a lot of money on it to back the claim.
This lot of money matters cause if you'd be Anet and would be wrong, it is what they face.

For us players it is impossible to tell for 100% sure if it is a bot or not. There must be proof delivered by game data to back the claim. We do not have access to such data. People tend to think that Tyria is a real world with real characters that function as in the real world. But in the end it is all pixels. The raw gaming data is decisive here and we have no access to them.

If you see someone acting in a way you dislike and you suspect it is a breach of the ToS- report them. 
It is up to support to investigate and determine if it is actually a breach of the ToS

If they act in a way you dislike so much it stands in the way of enjoying the game, then by all means, move away from the game. You are too much attached to it in the first place.

Nobody has given up on bots, but then again, from a player perspective and to quote Elsa from Frozen: The bots never bothered me anyway

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1