For support tempest they should in my opinion

Axl.8924

DO what they did for scourge which is create something unique that tempest excells at, like for instance i was thinking while i was sleeping last night that they should make it so tempest water aura increases outgoing healing on those people by % amount.

I'm not sure about other ones fire aura's ok magnetic aura is earth aura is fine too which defense vs bullet types of attacks i'd like to see something in the aura which gives like aegis type defense to the whole team for a short amount of time.

Also in my opinion they should make separate traitline for aurashare so you have balacned healing and dmg since you are sacrificing those for buffs to make yourself. I think if the auras were actually really strong like stronger than they are we might see a auramancer tempest out doing  buffs which would be awesome also these are just ideas i bet all of you have a million times better ideas.

Edited by Axl.8924
Because of adding wording.
  • Haha 1

For wvw tempest needs its 10 target effects back badly. For pve and i guess all of the game Heat Sync needs to share quickness, "Rebound!" needs to give alacrity, and "Flash-Freeze!" and or Invigorating Torrents need to give Resolution. I would not mind seeing Lucid Singularity becoming an aoe effect.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

DO what they did for scourge which is create something unique that tempest excells at, like for instance i was thinking while i was sleeping last night that they should make it so tempest water aura increases outgoing healing on those people by % amount.

I'm not sure about other ones fire aura's ok magnetic aura is earth aura is fine too which defense vs bullet types of attacks i'd like to see something in the aura which gives like aegis type defense to the whole team for a short amount of time.

Also in my opinion they should make separate traitline for aurashare so you have balacned healing and dmg since you are sacrificing those for buffs to make yourself. I think if the auras were actually really strong like stronger than they are we might see a auramancer tempest out doing  buffs which would be awesome also these are just ideas i bet all of you have a million times better ideas.

They did, it's called catalyst.

2 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

For wvw tempest needs its 10 target effects back badly. For pve and i guess all of the game Heat Sync needs to share quickness, "Rebound!" needs to give alacrity, and "Flash-Freeze!" and or Invigorating Torrents need to give Resolution. I would not mind seeing Lucid Singularity becoming an aoe effect.

No, tempest is extremely unfun to fight in WvW and auras are basically AOE invul to 10 people. There's already enough boons being stacked in WvW, we don't need more.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The suggestion makes zero sense. If you increase outgoing healing by other people when you give them water aura (which doesn't exist, it's frost aura) it would do nothing for every DPS + BS  + alac ren (unless they use soulcleave) + quickness DPS in the squad.

Just like Jski's suggestion of rebound needing alacrity... that also makes zero sense because unless the alacrity is 50% uptime with 100% boon duration which means the base duration exceeds boon caps it will just fill in small alacrity gaps rather than being an alacrity source. One of the top cleansing specs as well as top outgoing heals (to 10 man no less), tempest doesn't need resolution which just reduces condition damage.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

They did, it's called catalyst.

No, tempest is extremely unfun to fight in WvW and auras are basically AOE invul to 10 people. There's already enough boons being stacked in WvW, we don't need more.

And an FB doing that for 5 targets over and over is some how balanced? Tempest lost too much in wvw with a 10 target cap lost because it got nothing to make up for effectively a 1/2 cut in most of its healing support for a wvw group. That not tempest falt that anet seems to love giving boons to other classes so why not give it to tempest too? I am not asking for the world here just for the tempest class to be updated as an support class like they did for FB and scraper.

9 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:
11 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

What ? Tempests are easy to put in the group with Boon corrupts, and there’s plenty of those going on in zergs.

3 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

And an FB doing that for 5 targets over and over is some how balanced? Tempest lost too much in wvw with a 10 target cap lost because it got nothing to make up for effectively a 1/2 cut in most of its healing support for a wvw group. That not tempest falt that anet seems to love giving boons to other classes so why not give it to tempest too? I am not asking for the world here just for the tempest class to be updated as an support class like they did for FB and scraper.

Thats my issue tempest competes with firebrand and boonshare version of herald which excells at both healing and buffs.

Technically the tempest's unique thing is vigor.  They're good at regen, swiftness, fury, might and protection, but they're the best at giving group vigor.  Also, Rebound has a pretty unique effect that shows its usefulness form time to time.  

herald can also give hp regen with their what you call it tablet thingies as well not sure about vigor.

Rebound yeah il admit it has its uses.

Edited by Axl.8924

• 2 weeks later...

I think the shouts on Tempest in general are severely underrated. ‘Wash The Pain Away’ is a 10 person heal, ‘Eye of the Storm’ is a 10 person swiftness, super speed and stun break and ‘Aftershock’ is a 10 man reflect with some decent CC and good prot uptime… and then ‘Rebound’ having such a powerful and unique effect, also on 10 targets no less? 

Tempest isn’t really the problem. Actually, if you look at it’s kit and what it’s capable of, you could argue it’s a little overpowered. The problem is the playerbase’s relationship with optimisation and thinking that every raid squad needs to be fitted out like a world record speed attempt. If they just stopped for 30 seconds to think that using a Druid and Tempest as your main healers and moving quickness off to 2 slots of the DPS variant, the overall win rate would be dramatically higher, even if each run took maybe a minute longer at best. What’s wrong with something taking a minute longer if you only have to do it once? Pugs in the LFG will repeatedly bang their head against failed mechanics and wipe over and over again before they admit they need more help and support than the widely accepted pug meta can provide.

I guess selfishly I would love to see some sort of unique trait buff so Tempest was more widely accepted in squads, but it’s already powerful af as it is in reality, it’s just that most people seem to be too stupid to know it. So, really, that’s a community problem and not a class problem.

Edited by Alex Fryer.3064
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alex Fryer.3064 said:

I think the shouts on Tempest in general are severely underrated. ‘Wash The Pain Away’ is a 10 person heal, ‘Eye of the Storm’ is a 10 person swiftness, super speed and stun break and ‘Aftershock’ is a 10 man reflect with some decent CC and good prot uptime… and then ‘Rebound’ having such a powerful and unique effect, also on 10 targets no less? 

Tempest isn’t really the problem. Actually, if you look at it’s kit and what it’s capable of, you could argue it’s a little overpowered. The problem is the playerbase’s relationship with optimisation and thinking that every raid squad needs to be fitted out like a world record speed attempt. If they just stopped for 30 seconds to think that using a Druid and Tempest as your main healers and moving quickness off to 2 slots of the DPS variant, the overall win rate would be dramatically higher, even if each run took maybe a minute longer at best. What’s wrong with something taking a minute longer if you only have to do it once? Pugs in the LFG will repeatedly bang their head against failed mechanics and wipe over and over again before they admit they need more help and support than the widely accepted pug meta can provide.

I guess selfishly I would love to see some sort of unique trait buff so Tempest was more widely accepted in squads, but it’s already powerful af as it is in reality, it’s just that most people seem to be too stupid to know it. So, really, that’s a community problem and not a class problem.

If your game type has 10 targets to hit OR if your game type has not lost 10 targets then all of thoughts skills are worthless compared to other 5 target skills that do nearly or better effects.

• Like 1