Mob density is out of control

Lynx.9058

I've played a lot of MMO's, and this is honestly one of the first where I felt this way.  It seems like no matter where you go, at least in any of the endgame zones, you can't walk two feet without being attacked by something.

Really hope they tone this down for EoD because I'm getting a little tired of it -_-

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 18

5 hours ago, Lynx.9058 said:

I've played a lot of MMO's, and this is honestly one of the first where I felt this way.  It seems like no matter where you go, at least in any of the endgame zones, you can't walk two feet without being attacked by something.

Really hope they tone this down for EoD because I'm getting a little tired of it -_-

Never seen anything dead attacking me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lynx.9058 said:

Because in a lot of MMOs, the open world is just filler between quests, story missions, and raids.

Whereas in GW2, the open world IS the content.

Also, your complaint is a massive exaggeration.

• Like 18

I mean, have you played LOTRO? Outside of the beginner zones I always felt a faaaaaar worse issue of mob density in that game than GW2. As others have said, mounts ease this considerably. But also- look for a vista. Not always, but they’re usually unguarded, or with just one or two wildlife mobs 

• Like 2

I thought the mob density in places like PoF was fine. It's the aggro range that was severely annoying. But they made it that way so that there would still be somewhat of a threat from mobs to people zooming past on mounts... and as the raptor and springer are going to be in EoD as well, it's unlikely mob aggro range will decrease back to pre-PoF range.

Which...kind of sucks. 😞 Oh well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Batel.9206 said:

I thought the mob density in places like PoF was fine. It's the aggro range that was severely annoying. But they made it that way so that there would still be somewhat of a threat from mobs to people zooming past on mounts... and as the raptor and springer are going to be in EoD as well, it's unlikely mob aggro range will decrease back to pre-PoF range.

Which...kind of sucks. 😞 Oh well.

Yeah, I generally don't have any issues with mob density but PoF aggro range is pretty annoying at times.  I like HoT a lot better as far as that goes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1