Gen 2 legendary weapons ridiculously overpriced?

After finishing all the collections for Hope, and making all gifts but gift of fortune, I was not expecting it to be so kitten expensive. I thought that the fact that they added a collection for precursors was suppose to make it cheaper to craft not more expensive.... I know I'm years late to the party but kitten. I feel like I just got a huge middle finger thrown my way. Sure I'm going to finish the stupid thing but kitten I feel scammed. 

Am I the only one with this opinion? I can't be! I was planning to go for astralari next but I'm definitely leaning towards not doing it anymore.  

PS: I know nothing is going to come out of this. I guess I just felt like venting. Cheers.

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/WdoAjcP here it is.  

Edited by Beast Sos.1457
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 15

1 minute ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

The average price is 2.3k. How is that under priced? I would have to disagree with that. 

Because they are legendary items that people are selling.
They are rare and it makes sense that they should cost that much, if not more.
They are going to be valued based on how much the materials cost these days as well, the more expensive those factors are, the more it  might feel worth it to someone to buy the more expensive completed version.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hellsqueen.3045 said:

Because they are legendary items that people are selling.
They are rare and it makes sense that they should cost that much, if not more.
They are going to be valued based on how much the materials cost these days as well, the more expensive those factors are, the more it  might feel worth it to someone to buy the more expensive completed version.

I talking about gen 2. Where you have to go through a huge collection to build the precursor and it still costs more than the most expensive gen 1 precursor. 

I think you're misinterpreting what I'm saying. 

Edited by Beast Sos.1457
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

They’re not meant to be cheaper, they meant to be easier to obtain - ie not based on luck. The collections allow you to chip away in stages by grinding, farming or paying outright. I farmed almost everything I needed, so my costs were minimal, but it’s about options, not a guaranteed cost reduction

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Randulf.7614 said:

They’re not meant to be cheaper, they meant to be easier to obtain - ie not based on luck. The collections allow you to chip away in stages by grinding, farming or paying outright. I farmed almost everything I needed, so my costs were minimal, but it’s about options, not a guaranteed cost reduction

If thats the case then so be it. I guess I should have looked more into it before starting. It's my fault at the end of the day. I still feel like the collection should reduce the price of the pre but if what you're saying is the case, than it was meant to work the way it does. Which I find a bit inconsiderate to the players time investment. Not only do you need to grind the gold but also the collection itself. Instead of just grinding a bit less gold for the gen 1 pre.   

• Confused 2

This was what many players wanted to be fair and some of them had fantastic story collections, peaking with the amazing chuka and champawat quest line which is one of the best collections in the game, with a great mini story.

The problem was, they couldn’t fulfill that long term, so later collections added additional levels of grind in place of quests they had no time to write for.

I genuinely can’t remember what the pure gold sink was mind you - I don’t recall spending much gold until I got to the legendary part. What is the gold gate you are hitting?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

This was what many players wanted to be fair and some of them had fantastic story collections, peaking with the amazing chuka and champawat quest line which is one of the best collections in the game, with a great mini story.

The problem was, they couldn’t fulfill that long term, so later collections added additional levels of grind in place of quests they had no time to write for.

I genuinely can’t remember what the pure gold sink was mind you - I don’t recall spending much gold until I got to the legendary part. What is the gold gate you are hitting?

Maybe I'll start the chuka champawat for fun than, until the gold sink. I did have fun during the collection. I enjoyed the fact that I had to revisit the world again after so many years. I always enjoyed the big meta events but never had reason to keep going back, which these collections give me. I would gladly run a few more collections if it weren't for such a gold sink. I dont know if all are like hope so I idk if I'll do another one anytime soon or not. 

There were so many things that needed to be bought for the collection I wouldn't be able to name them. I'm not really a gold counter. I just buy what I need and craft. But if I had to give a number, from what I recall, I went from around 1200g to 800g after the collection. Give or take. That doesn't unclude the material I already had. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

There is a big material sink in the midst of the chuka collection, but mostly it’s a wonderful story of tracking and raising tigers… it’s quite an emotional ride

Anyway, good luck with the rest of the legendary. It’s worth it in the end

I'll check it out someday for sure. Maybe once my wallet is looking healthy again lol

Appreciated. Cheers!

• Confused 1

The price of something on the TP isn't a matter of scrutiny or opinion. It's decided by pure market economics. Not sure what the expectation is here ... Anet can't 'chase' the price of Gen2 based on what Gen1 is selling for. These aren't static things. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

The price of something on the TP isn't a matter of scrutiny or opinion. It's decided by pure market economics. Not sure what the expectation is here ... Anet can't 'chase' the price of Gen2 based on what Gen1 is selling for. These aren't static things. 

Not once did I stated that the materials themselves are overpriced. The point was that the precursor itself, being a collection item that takes a lot of time to acquire, should be much cheaper than the gen 1 precursors. This has nothing to do with the the pricing of the material. 

Edited by Beast Sos.1457
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

Not once did I stated that the materials themselves are overpriced. The point was that the precursor itself, being a collection item that takes a lot of time to acquire, should be much cheaper than the gen 1 precursors. This has nothing to do with the the pricing of the material. 

Well, that's my point ... it can't be fixed to be cheaper compared to Gen1, because these prices are determined by market economics, not some value Anet attributes to them. That is impacted to some degree by the price of the materials, because their is crafting involved. Whether it's Gen1 or Gen2, materials costs DO factor into the price to craft OR obtain the precursor. 

The bottomline here is that you can vent if you like, but 'price matching' Gen1 and gen2 isn't necessary because the differences aren't a problem to begin with. They are determined by market value and that's not going to change. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

47 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Well, that's my point ... it can't be fixed to be cheaper compared to Gen1, because these prices are determined by market economics, not some value Anet attributes to them. That is impacted to some degree by the price of the materials, because their is crafting involved. Whether it's Gen1 or Gen2, materials costs DO factor into the price to craft OR obtain the precursor. 

The bottomline here is that you can vent if you like, but 'price matching' Gen1 and gen2 isn't necessary because the differences aren't a problem to begin with. They are determined by market value and that's not going to change. 

Of course it can...The amount of material require can be lowered, which lowers the price overall. It's not that complicated...

People are really reaching here. If you're confused about this topic, thats a comprehension issue on your end. Thats the bottom line. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 7

5 hours ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

After finishing all the collections for Hope, and making all gifts but gift of fortune, I was not expecting it to be so kitten expensive. I thought that the fact that they added a collection for precursors was suppose to make it cheaper to craft not more expensive.... I know I'm years late to the party but kitten. I feel like I just got a huge middle finger thrown my way. Sure I'm going to finish the stupid thing but kitten I feel scammed. 

Am I the only one with this opinion? I can't be! I was planning to go for astralari next but I'm definitely leaning towards not doing it anymore.  

PS: I know nothing is going to come out of this. I guess I just felt like venting. Cheers.

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/WdoAjcP here it is.  

My dude, these are Legendaries, they aren't supposed to be inexpensive.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I can't see the Devs changing the 'recipe' for Precursors each day, or week, or month.  I think that would be asking a bit much.  The 'recipe' was set for Gen 2s at inception, based on costs at that time.

It's not the price of the material its the quantity. Either way someone already stated the answer which has nothing to do with that. The point of the collection was not to take away the gold cost but to take away the RNG for getting a precursor as loot, which honestly makes no sense with the way its implemented. If you have to spend the same amount, if not more gold on a gen 2 anyways, why does it matter if you take away the RNG. You're spending the gold either way. All it does is add more grind to precursors. Not really beneficial to the players IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

My dude, these are Legendaries, they aren't supposed to be inexpensive.

How is that what you got out of this? When there is such a huge collection for the precursor and all of the account bond currencies you need, then they shouldn't be adding a gold sink on top of that which cost the same if not more than gen 1 precursor

Theres a pattern here. People are reading what they want to hear and not what is being said...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2