Defias.1892

Do Dungeons Need a Nerf?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Do Dungeons Need a Nerf?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care about dungeons anymore

11 hours ago, Defias.1892 said:

The main thing is I really don't care what they do with dungeons, as long as they make it easier and more inviting for new players. Nerfing dungeons would be the quickest and easiest way to go about it. Making it solo-able is also another way to go about it.

Ok -and how does that change anything about your previous posts in this thread or my post you've quoted? Including part about "nerfing dungeons", which in no way would help the person from reddit thread you've linked here.

11 hours ago, Defias.1892 said:

I don't know why the community is so hell-bent about retaining 9 year old content, when it's clear that it isn't inviting or welcoming to new players. It's a large reason why there's such a massive drop-off in new players https://steamdb.info/app/1284210/graphs/

How do you know that's a large reason? It seems to be as true as your "validation" post above. So not at all, you just take partial information out of context and try bending it whatever way you want.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Does this take into account buying lv80 rare armors from Honor of the Waves and salvaging them, which produces a similar Glob of Ectoplasm rate as constantly farming Auric Basin?

(This compared to say, salvaging the exotics for the insignias like we did in the old days, and so on.)

The method of making gold from dungeon tokens isn't made clear and there's several ways., but this particular route is extremely important for players doing alot of crafting, stat-changing, increasing their Magic Find and so on, which can't be done as easily otherwise.

I really wish more players knew about it.

A lot has changed in the 9 months since I posted that.  Dungeon tokens  got merged into one currency so you can literally run the most efficient 16 dungeon paths and determine what dungeon gives the most salvage for your tokens.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ok -and how does that change anything about your previous posts in this thread or my post you've quoted? Including part about "nerfing dungeons", which in no way would help the person from reddit thread you've linked here.

How do you know that's a large reason? It seems to be as true as your "validation" post above. So not at all, you just take partial information out of context and try bending it whatever way you want.

Okay its quite clear that this isn't an argument in good faith. There's too many people here with 5k+ posts that spend too much time on the forums imo

• Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Defias.1892 said:

Okay its quite clear that this isn't an argument in good faith. There's too many people here with 5k+ posts that spend too much time on the forums imo

What's not in a good faith here? Pointing out you linked threads saying something different than what you did while you're still claiming it somehow validates what you said? Or maybe you linking steam stats and claiming any drop off you can see is bound to the exact reason you're talking about? That doesn't seem honest at all.

Still no need to nerf dungeons like you wanted to and part of the reason is the thread you've linked about some people rushing dungeons while someone else is watching a cutscene.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/3/2022 at 4:05 PM, Defias.1892 said:

I'm at 1K, does that make it safe for me to post in here?

10 months and a Steam launch later, you're still abjectly wrong.

I get new folks creeping into my speedrun LFGs on a daily basis, and I step in to help "hey I'm new" LFGs all the time and I see a bunch of fellow 455s doing the same. Those two random reddit threads (and many others) demonstrate problems of expectation management and entitlement rather than anything specific to dungeons. Dungeons are just where a lot of new people touch group content first, so to a new person "group management problem" tends to look like "dungeon problem."

We seem to need to remind you that this whole inexplicable attack on the state of dungeons started with you spending 2 hours in a botched Arah run. You took this warped, unrepresentative perspective, and spun it into a poll, and when the community disagreed with you, you called us all elitist jerks. Not being satisfied with that, you then necroed this thread with weak logic and bad examples.

Someone please delete this thread.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2