Server Recommendation

Ged Kealmen.7210

After spending over a year in SoR, I've decided to hop. Kinda tired of roaming and getting constantly into 1v3 fights defending home camp with not a single friendly showing up, but when that same camp is losing RI there are suddenly 5 players just sitting there waiting or valiantly rushing in to kill the yaks.

I'm looking for a server that has a roamer population with at least some players who will actually try to fight the enemy instead of running away from them and waiting until they leave so they can flip a camp and pip farm. Zerging is completely secondary, but of course having a few  tags that run organized and find balance between fighting and map control would be good.

Low map toxicity, a minimum of server pride and teamwork, having players that respond to callouts, and a decent level of fighting skill would all be pluses.

Any recommendations?

• Like 1

I'm pretty out of the loop regarding specific servers these days, but the impression I've had is that there is less and less difference between servers as time goes on. Basically, all servers are becoming more similar to each others.

You're probably better off looking for a guild you like to play with, than a server.

• Like 1

I'd advise you to wait for alliance, it is going to happen weather we like it or not.  

Otherwise 
You might try HoD  or ET since they are open server, If TC is open I'd asked you to join. 
We linked with HoD last and it was a blast. They are very active, have tags, nice people, and The Sons of Tzu [War] is always recruiting.  

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Ged Kealmen.7210 said:

After spending over a year in SoR, I've decided to hop. Kinda tired of roaming and getting constantly into 1v3 fights defending home camp with not a single friendly showing up, but when that same camp is losing RI there are suddenly 5 players just sitting there waiting or valiantly rushing in to kill the yaks.

I'm looking for a server that has a roamer population with at least some players who will actually try to fight the enemy instead of running away from them and waiting until they leave so they can flip a camp and pip farm. Zerging is completely secondary, but of course having a few  tags that run organized and find balance between fighting and map control would be good.

Low map toxicity, a minimum of server pride and teamwork, having players that respond to callouts, and a decent level of fighting skill would all be pluses.

Any recommendations?

IMHO, the grass will not be greener on another server as the issues you described are for the most part common everywhere. Plus, I have been on SoR for a couple of years now and we are currently linked with JQ and I can say anytime we have been linked with them, the call out response is impressive especially during NA prime. Plus, there are a dedicated number of roamers/defenders on Home BL that are in game almost every night who constantly work to siege up structures and keep camps the proper color. In short, you can look for a better home server, but I don't think you will find one. Anyway, just my two cents for what it is worth.  🙂

Echo of the Pack.

Edited by phaidetublacke.6048

Thank you for your advice... grass will not be greener and wait for alliances are the best points.

Make the grass greener by cultivating it where you are instead of looking for it in other people-s gardens, I guess. Time to start a Roamer Combine guild and wait for alliances to kick in so we can roam together, though not necessarily in a bunch. 

My idea is that maps with good roamers are usually very well controlled and tags that choose to run in them usually get great support.  Good roamers will roam, yes, but converge on callouts and back each other up. So I'll try to get some people like that in my empty guild and hopefully that style of gameplay will follow us wherever we get placed once alliances are active.

• Like 1

you should include what timezone you're active in. Since all servers have different active timezones. So in your case in SoR it might just be that it's the servers dead time hence why you don't always get the good bunch with you. And you can always join an active WvW guild since that will make playing WvW a better experience.

7 hours ago, iamreb.9175 said:

you should include what timezone you're active in.

Right. Well, I play a lot throughout the day so that's kinda hard to pin down. I guess I'm usually most active in the early morning, which for me is around 1PM - 6PM server time (I guess that's SEA timezone, correct me if I'm wrong) but I usually log on here and there up to my early evenings, more or less 3AM server time. I'm on PST timezone but I'm an abnormally early riser.

I guess the only timezone that doesn't quite work for me is late EST.

And the lack of roamer teamplay that irritates me so much usually gets worse as maps are more and more populated. The early morning minicrowd is usually way more cooperative, whereas the heavy pop timezones are mostly full of zerg-bunnies trying to get their easy loot by blending in with the crowd without having to acquire any skill.